• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

When Are Inno Going to Fix The Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 97052
  • Start date

Vesiger

Monarch
And now we have lag when trying to add FP's to GB's, can it get any worse?
That's not new - it's always taken me a second or so to add each point via the mobile app (makes it very tempting just to dump the whole contents of the FP bar in!)

DeletedUser110433

Well i did not play for a while, decided to fight a few wars yesterday... the game has got new lags, nice. Of three world map combats got a hiccup three times somewhere in beginning.
Perhaps i`ll poke the game some more to see what did Inno do wrong... again, for 101 time.

DeletedUser

That's not new - it's always taken me a second or so to add each point via the mobile app (makes it very tempting just to dump the whole contents of the FP bar in!)

But now we have it on PC's now:(

DeletedUser99438

I don't know if these videos are to reassure us or affirm what we know already? - Inno has no intention to fix anything that's important to the mechanics of this game, unless it's pretty little ducks and rivers!

Bug Video
Female Presenter (0:17): "But we are also definitely working very hard on getting the bugs fixed in Forge of Empires".
Male Presenter (0:22): "Oh yeah for sure"

LOL They look and sound so convincing right?!! They don't even know where to look answering this question, so hesitant, it's clear they haven't given this aspect of the game much thought at all. I certainly don't have any confidence in their competency after this.

Female Presenter (0:24) "Yeah with every cycle of our development we have big bugs, little bugs, whatever we can fit in, along with all the features design and event, planning, that we do so ..."

haha this comment is classic, it sounds like the bugs themselves are a purposeful feature, they are working hard to design haha like I said Classic! I especially love the end of this comment above ... "that we do" ... the stumbling, stuttering and hesitation over those words, makes it look like they haven't a clue what they are doing ... and the guy sitting beside her, his responses just amplify that.

If they can't even produce a pre-recorded video right, it's beyond me how they managed to develop the game as far as they did in the first place. I always wondered if there were a bunch of amateurs behind the steering wheel of this game, and as harsh as it may sound, definitely they present themselves as amateurs here too.

They look about as bothered to fix the bugs as I do about eating my right foot.

Lag Video
Male Presenter (0:13) "yeah em the stability and eh the speed of our em browser game, so em (shrugs shoulders) that's soemthing errh I hope we can eh fix em at one point eventually"

Enough said, that says it all on it's own ... Lag will be fixed on the never ever :D

Good comedy show though :) Very fitting to say the least with the comedy that is this game's issues... it is really Inno and not a couple of players having a laugh .. right?

From recent Q&A about Forge Point Packs

Clearly evident that they are competent enough to present when they know what they are talking about ... just goes to show the "lag and bug" videos are really down to something other than inexperienced presenting .... like no interest, no knowledge, perhaps no ability? Who knows!

Surge

Brigadier-General
Actually to be honest, if I was just new on a development team and had no idea about any problems on the game the company is working on, and consumers asked me about when something specific would be fixed, if I had to I'd likely give the same half-assed response.

Their delightfully vague responses are about as accurate as zodiac signs.

DeletedUser99438

Actually to be honest, if I was just new on a development team and had no idea about any problems on the game the company is working on, and consumers asked me about when something specific would be fixed, if I had to I'd likely give the same half-assed response.

If I were on the development team, new or otherwise I'd be absolutely mortified by the release of those videos. They should have made sure their responses were impeccable, more in line with the truth and their body language/words should have been expressed in confidence. Further, they really should have done their homework first. Those videos are a live motion picture of career suicide.

It's the height of unprofessional.

Their delightfully vague responses are about as accurate as zodiac signs.

lol spot on :)

DeletedUser

Their development team, are either incompetent, or under orders to not fix the issues, I don't know how else to view it.

The videos were just a bloody joke.

DeletedUser103223

So the new age Oceanic, are the guild goods collected from Arc, LOA, and other GB's gonna be as useless as the AA guild goods? It seems like they have just given up on Guild goods after FE....

DeletedUser110131

Their development team, are either incompetent, or under orders to not fix the issues
Not the development team, I think. I suspect it's the priorities of the leadership. My theory is this: They simply haven't the personnel resources for fixing the issues and making fundamental improvements. At some point, they shifted the focus to "content" and "story", that is, pretty graphics, quests, and events, which require next to no programming, but also new buildings, levels, units, technology, etc., which is mostly about editing new parameters and graphics into old code. This is cheaper than working directly with the code, making new or improving old, and gives more immediate results on the bottom line. Consequently, their "development team" now mostly consists of artists, story developers, social engineers, and other such "cosmetologists", plus a few people capable of using some simple tools for inputting parameters and graphics.

Possibly, my criticism is a bit excessive. Well, almost certainly. I'm sure there's a software development team working on some real stuff, just not one large enough to handle the current size of the game. Meanwhile, the non-programming staff is running amuck, piling on enough nonsense to sink any boat.

The game is good enough, at the core. There's a reason why we're playing it, after all. The problem is a lot of unpleasant and worrying symptoms of a bad mishandling of priorities, that may have gone far enough to approach the irreversible. Investing my time and attention in a product that may deteriorate catastrophically makes me nervous. I would feel a lot better, if they managed something, anything, technologically substantial, showing that it's a living project, rather than... something not living... being prettied up.

DeletedUser110433

I suspect it's the priorities of the leadership.
I have speculations about this as well. Thing is that code rarely is perfect, when you launch a game you don`t know if it will last 2 years, so for the first few years it`s patching up only. Latter the game grows so big, it is impossible to rewrite properly since that eats huge chunk of money. I agree with you, it looks like it was made rather playable again (fixed some things), and then they poured everything in to design only.

DeletedUser

And now we find the Tavern Boosts don't work, for pity sake Inno get your head out of your arses and fix these issues, it not funny any more

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4879

To sum up, they're making money still! Otherwise this game wouldn't be on the net!!!!!!! :lol: ;)

DeletedUser103223

So the Hundred's of Thousands of AA goods sitting in our guild treasury is gonna be fixed when? or are we going to start a new Era and just ignore and forget about them. Which then leads into the next question what about guild goods for OA? Does inno have a plan for them or just sticking their head in the sand on the guild goods feature after AA.....

DeletedUser105873

Look what the cat dragged in!! And I've been promoting that "bots" are a silly fairytale. Guess I owe an apology to those that were adamant otherwise.

"If thou hast not conquer'd thy self in that which is thy own particular Weakness, thou hast no Title to Virtue, tho' thou art free of other Men's. For a Covetous Man to inveigh against Prodigality, an Atheist against Idolatry, a Tyrant against Rebellion, or a Lyer against Forgery, and a Drunkard against Intemperance ..."

It's because everyone has stopped paying for diamonds, due to the game being, well not worth the spend anymore. We never know when they will nerf something, nor when the game will work. So ...

What an earth makes you think I was talking about you and your guild, stop being so self obsessed for a bit, and while your at it stop talking BS

DeletedUser6974

Their development team, are either incompetent, or under orders to not fix the issues, I don't know how else to view it.

The videos were just a bloody joke.
aww come on , give the developers credit.
even though everyone is screaming for help with the game lag and the need for more guild levels the developers worked hard for those cute little achievements that nobody cares about, well except maybe for the 5 yr olds playing now that can go running to mommy to tell her they got a new piggy bank achievement award today!! ... LOL... j/k