• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What's with the healing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I had some of my soldiers injured in a skirmish, and it says 24 mins to heal. I have now left these injured guys alone for over +1hr and they still remain as injured as when I left them. (They are mercenaries mainly)

DeletedUser

I believe that the healing time represents the amount of time "per health bar".

If you multiply the stated healing time by 10, you'll get the time it takes to train a unit from scratch (at least last I checked it).

DeletedUser

Hm, wasn't it per health point?
Which is not what 1 bar is showing necessarily?

DeletedUser

Yes, it looks as though it was - nearly!! But something strange, as it took one of them with 3 "clicks" ok >4hrs to repair, so It would have been quicker to have put him out of his misery and simply train a new guy!!

DeletedUser

Hm, wasn't it per health point?
Which is not what 1 bar is showing necessarily?

Has that been confirmed? All I've seen is rumors and speculations going back and forth. Have any developers actually confirmed this theory of the health "points" vs "bars" ?

On the topic, Blacksmith said HERE that this health timer was not a bug, and that it does work as intended.

Basherz, I've not actually bothered with timing the healing, are you saying that the time was approximately correct for "per bar" healing?

DeletedUser

This is my own speculation, but back about 3 months ago, they changed the training times on units like archers, perhaps mercenaries, can not remember, crossbows, and long range. When they did this, I think they left the healing time the same as it was before, it used to take 4 hours to train a archer, and similar aged units as well. So when you have a unit sitting at one health bar, for example, an archer, it will take 4 hours to heal, but it only takes two hours to retrain.

DeletedUser

I just sort-of monitored healing time on a Longbow last night. There were three bars, healing time was stated as "24 min", and sure enough, approximately an hour and 15 minutes later he was at full health.

DeletedUser

I suppose that solves that.
1 bar = 1 HP apparently after all.

DeletedUser

Hi Guys im new to this . I havnt done any timing but it sometimes seems to take longer .a lot longer ,Im guessing it might be 24 mins for example for a longbowman but 48 mins if 2 are recovering 1 hr 12 mins for 3 ad nausium

DeletedUser1094

Hi Guys im new to this . I havnt done any timing but it sometimes seems to take longer .a lot longer ,Im guessing it might be 24 mins for example for a longbowman but 48 mins if 2 are recovering 1 hr 12 mins for 3 ad nausium

Yes, if they are all healed in the same building. Each military-building can only heal one soldier at a time, so three wounded soldiers takes 3 times as long to completely heal.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser65

I suppose that solves that.
1 bar = 1 HP apparently after all.

no, i believe this is wrong
1bar is equal to 10% of the troops total health. for 1 troop it may have 3hp/bar but others may have 6hp/bar
we don't really know, which makes it all the more confusing

DeletedUser

I believe that if you continue to fight with the injured unit, the healing time starts over. They only heal when resting

DeletedUser1094

If you forget to include medic units in your army, wounded soldiers can't heal on the battlefield.
...Oh, I'm just told, that we have NO medic units to include. So sorry....:D

DeletedUser5943

Yes, if they are all healed in the same building. Each military-building can only heal one soldier at a time, so three wounded soldiers takes 3 times as long to completely heal.
If you train a unit in a barack, another wounded unit can still heal?

DeletedUser1094

I believe so, yes... (I must admit though, I've never checked it)

Edit : Just did a short test : Killed off two spearmen and got two wounded. The two dead spearmen and one wounded from the same barrack and the other wounded from another barrack. I started to train the two dead spearmen... the two wounded spearmen took the same time to fully heal. I know this is just mere seconds... but it definitely seems like training units doesn't have any effect in healing times. You can Train and Heal units at the same time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.