• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What resources have you discovered in the provinces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1132

Just build 2 or 3 masons, plunder your neighboor and you easily get 20 limestones per day.

"easily" is the word that bothers me here

in my group there is only one of the 6 active players who produces limestone and he must be setting his alarm every 8 hours so I very rarely can rob 2 of his limestones

and just building 2,3 or even 4 masons is not that easy too since space is limited and actually my worst problem

DeletedUser1378

Resources? What resources? Please. Let’s talk raw deal! I’m at Kaltenweiher, and have never even received wine or dye as a resource (good deposit) yet. And, do you know what I get for Kaltenweiher? Gold. Loot. For the third time, and a pittance at that! The only resources I have acquired up to this point is (in order of when I acquired them): rock, marble, ebony, wool, gold, and honeycomb!! I am trying to get halfway through the middle age, but because of this crap-hand I was dealt it is taking me forever to get jewelry, limestone, dye, lumber, etc... There is no trade with players as none are trading and clearly 90% of my neighbors are even playing. I am frustrated at best. I feel like I have definitely been a patient player, but I do wish the random dispersal was tweaked a bit better.

I am stuck here, being held hostage in the early middles ages, waiting to build enough of any resource to get me entirely through the tree so I can destroy the building, just so I can build 2 wine, dye, jewelry, limestone every 8 hours. Actually, I still don't have enough space or pop for jewelry or cloth at this point. I am traveling at less than a snails pace.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Do not wait to have enough resource for whole tech tree to tear down a building, just produce what you need for the age you are in and destroy it. Just look at what you need next, focus on those resource and forget the rest.

Take the exemple of jewelry, you need 256 pieces of jewel to finish the tech tree. But 'Appartment house' takes itself 140 jewels to unlock and its one of the last tech of the last age, you wont need those jewels before a long time.

And stone is the best resource to have for high middle age ^^

DeletedUser1081

The only resources I have acquired up to this point is (in order of when I acquired them): rock, marble, ebony, wool, gold, and honeycomb!!

er ... what's wrong with that set?? you haven't gotten any duplicates yet, right? or a bronze-age resource when you need HMA stuff? i'd be thrilled to have honey, or a neighbour with honey, instead of having to go back & research beekeeping in order to build a couple of beekeepers just to crank out 12 units per day instead of 6, while my military waits to be updated from the Iron Age because i lack the space and population to have bees and crossbows.

no one has everything. they're trying to fix the trading situation, but still: it's part of the game not to have everything.

DeletedUser

I have Dye,Stone,Ebony and Limestone for now,but I have a little problem,most of the ppl in group don't want to trade(it is young group and we have 10-15 active ppl)but most of them build all of first 5 resource manufacturers and don't really trade and if they want they want some silly exchange rate like 1 stone for 4 or 5 vine.I am first in my group and I am a little ahead in research and i think that I'll have to wait 'till ppl realise that trading is really important to advence.

DeletedUser

Trickykid, sorry to break this to you but we only get 2 resource deposits per age. Ie. You have rock and marble so that's it for your Bronze Age resources, no chance of getting Dye and Lumber as well.

DeletedUser

Wine, Stone and Limestone so far.. but im getting frustrated trying to get enough population to build a mason whilst keeping my limited space and not screwing my coin production :(, plus im the only one who actually built a market, everyone else went for a stables :(

DeletedUser1378

sorry to break this to you but we only get 2 resource deposits per age.

Yikes! I didn't realize this. That changes things a bit. Thank you all for your feedback. This certainly gives me something to ponder in order to make the necessary changes to my plan.

DeletedUser1132

I have Dye,Stone,Ebony and Limestone

you gonna be fine, stone, ebony and limestone is a great start IMO and they will beg you later on for trading with them :)

just build as much as you can of these so you have enough to trade later

DeletedUser1081

plus im the only one who actually built a market, everyone else went for a stables :(

... i'm not sure i'm reading you right, but just in case: the fact that they haven't built markets doesn't prevent them from trading. you build a market (or not) just for the happiness factor - it has nothing (0) to do with trading.

DeletedUser

you gonna be fine, stone, ebony and limestone is a great start IMO and they will beg you later on for trading with them :)

just build as much as you can of these so you have enough to trade later

It is ok now,I have talked with some ppl and made some trading partners.
And I will concentrate on producing stone and limestone since you need a lot of those products for research.

DeletedUser1993

Are duplicate resources just bad luck or a bug? i have two lots of granite

Status
Not open for further replies.