• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What produces cart wheels!?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1331
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1331

I am well into the new age and yet the games quests are determined I need to go backwards to advance.....

most recently, the Queen (should of killed her when i had the chance) wants me to produce cart wheels because thats faster then walking i guess. I cant tell her to smoke a cigar and let my troops walk to the already conquered territory. oh no. I have to race there with my new wheels, which i will have to build a whole new factory for, train my tabacoo farmers to make a wheel, then demolish the whole setup.....

Its the cooperage i need right?

(as a side note, seriously, who came up with this quest line? its very poorly thought out i must say)\

Edit: I have discovered that hovering your mouse over the ! mark next to the quest gives you more info! thats great! It is the cooperage!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3315

Totally agree, the quests are crazy - it would be ok if you could skip them but having to make LMA buildings when i'm halfway through the tech tree in CA is stupid - especially having to build academies when i already have enough for 120% happiness anyway. I can only assume this boosted map section is available to unlock as soon as you start LMA usually.

DeletedUser

I find that if you hook up your web-cam through the ingame quest enhancement system, the game will accept manual cart wheels if you do them properly.

DeletedUser3157

I find that if you hook up your web-cam through the ingame quest enhancement system, the game will accept manual cart wheels if you do them properly.

This is true, I tryed it.

Btw it is also true that this quest timing is rather poor. Mostly because most of the annoying ones just can't be skipped. Doing quests can be somewhat fun at times, but tbh devs should realize that with the rewards they give out, doing quests is the very last thing in most people list of priorities. On average doing quests for me, I think it costs me more than rewards me in total sum(except the early age ones where the rewards were relatively much bigger). So I just end up ignoring them for long periods of time when stuck with a useless one which can't be skipped. As a rational player I have zero initiative or reason to go out of my way burining valueble resources trying to do such ones. And I actually try to skip all the useless ones whenever they are possible. There was actually this one quest in CA so far which had actually a relavent reward - 100k coins for 15 medals gained one. But it wouldn't even suprise me if that was a bug and it was meant to be 10k :P

DeletedUser7719

Just for a heads up Rustyspoon, most of the time, the hint (the exclamation mark ocated at the top-right corner of the quest objective) will usually tell you things like this. If I can recall correctly it would say, "You can produce cart wheels at a cooperage"

DeletedUser

Yep, pretty lame. Im in the Industrial age and this quest just popped for me. :( I need my resources for tech unlocks and building somthing current. Why am I forced to waste them on a quest I cant skip? I didnt even want that building when I was in that age, all brewerys for me.

DeletedUser12149

Yep, pretty lame. Im in the Industrial age and this quest just popped for me. :( I need my resources for tech unlocks and building somthing current. Why am I forced to waste them on a quest I cant skip? I didnt even want that building when I was in that age, all brewerys for me.

Well I hope you kept a brewery... because... spoiler coming... avert your eyes lest ye be spoiled... the next quest (unskippable) wants you to produce stuff from a brewery. :(

DeletedUser1094

Why am I forced to waste them on a quest I cant skip? I didnt even want that building when I was in that age, all brewerys for me.

Because, this is a game... and a great one too... that comes up with these sorts of pleasant surprises. ;)
You didn't think it would be that easy, did you? That you would be able to travel from A to Z in a straight line... Nah, just let the challenges come, I say... the more, the better. :p

DeletedUser

Easy has nothing to do with it. I fail to see the point in wasting time, population, space, and resources on a quest that most likely is not even worth the reward. It wouldn’t be so bad if I could just skip the damn thing and move on. The game is built on progression starting in the stone age and ending in what is now the industrial age, so yes, I would expect to move from A-Z. Not A-Z-Q-Z again. However, there is good news in all this. This is still beta and there is still time to correct this nonsense. I'm sure I'm not the only player that feels this way but in the end I guess it don’t really matter, it’s up to the player to decide to do the quest or not.

DeletedUser2206

I still think that because of the fact that this "princess" is forcing us to tear down brand new, up-to-date buildings and barracks, costing us hours of time, not to mention tons of supplies and gold, that she should have been hanged/beheaded along-side the witch and her buddy. Just my humble opinion.

DeletedUser12149

Oh it gets even better... just after the brewery quest... you are forced to build a... wait for it... a doctor. We're going even further backward here and it makes no sense at all. This whole "challenge" thing is a silly excuse for poor quest lines.

DeletedUser10537

I just have a question, when you say unskippable, do you mean there's no button like abort or skip?

DeletedUser5026

Hey ranjachrys,

I just have a question, when you say unskippable, do you mean there's no button like abort or skip?

Yes, there is no abort/skip button, the quest line is compulsory. And like most people here, I hated having to do those quests too. Glad I am past that stage (at least for now).

Cheers,
L.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.