• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What! No Honey?

Matt,

Build a couple of goods producing GBs. Lighthouse of Alexandria (iron age) for preference of Tower of Babel (bronze age).

They both give current era goods (until modern era) every 24 hours for free, won't always be honey though.

I know it's a bit late now but you really shouldn't leave iron age without Zeus and LoA both at least level 10

A bit late!

ROTFL!

Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. The horse has bolted, run down to Dover, caught a ferry to Calais, and traveled half way to Moscow!

Building both those great buildings to Level 10, assuming I don't want to spend loadsa money (showing my age) would take what, at least a year? I'd die of boredom in the meantime!
A couple of months at best. This is a long term strategy game, in 2 years you'll look back on this and laugh

Emberguard

Legend
Building both those great buildings to Level 10, assuming I don't want to spend loadsa money (showing my age) would take what, at least a year? I'd die of boredom in the meantime!
Upto you what pace you go at and which strategy you prefer.

I know for my first city (no advanced GBs) I haven't been taking GBs to lvl 10 before advancing. I've just been making sure I've got a decent stockpile of current age goods and a few buildings that can continue to produce those ages as I go along. You could always take them to Lvl 5, advance and keep working on those GBs as you go. Just make sure that you're advancing each area of your city at around the same pace. By the time you reach Colonial Age your main 3 attack GBs should be either at Lvl 10 or nearing it if you want to use auto battle for the continent map. Otherwise you'll struggle in the subsequent ages