• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What is the worst building in your opinion?

Agent327

Overlord
This thread could help a new player on what not to build and why.

How?

You mention a building that is bad in your opinion and giving a reason is optional.

How is that supposed to help a new player? Most buildinghs mentioned do not mean a thing to new players.

This is nothing more than someone trying to be interesting with a topic that is no help for anyone, but hey, he has his topic.

Agent327

Overlord
I can understand that. It is probably not the most informative format possible. That being said, I don't think it's unpolite or pointless. This forum is to discuss the game, and we're discussing a particular aspect of the game. Could be done better? Most likely. Is it out of place? It doesn't seem so to me.

What exactly are we discussing then? You can mention any building and there is no explanation needed. How is that a discussion?

This is nothing more than a childish comparison.

DeletedUser

What exactly are we discussing then? You can mention any building and there is no explanation needed. How is that a discussion?

Actually this was exactly the reason I did not understand this at all.
Very well verbalized better than I could.

Edit: Obviously as guest here I have to respect cultural differences and I will do so if the fact I can’t understand this finds it’s foundation there.
Also a building may be only mentioned one time that makes no sense.
It makes it feel more as a game than that I can sincerely mention my least favorite building and my reasoning in that.
That may or may not be useful to newcomers if a building is mentioned frequently.
Oracle for example is clearly most of the time a temporarily choice but so very useful.
And Oracle makes that I doubt Colosseum is still useful enough to consider but sadly Colosseum is already mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
Actually this was exactly the reason I did not understand this at all.
Very well verbalized better than I could.

Edit: Obviously as guest here I have to respect cultural differences and I will do so if the fact I can’t understand this finds it’s foundation there.
Also a building may be only mentioned one time that makes no sense.
It makes it feel more as a game than that I can sincerely mention my least favorite building and my reasoning in that.
That may or may not be useful to newcomers if a building is mentioned frequently.
Oracle for example is clearly most of the time a temporarily choice but so very useful.
And Oracle makes that I doubt Colosseum is still useful enough to consider but sadly Colosseum is already mentioned.

OP mentioned that you can post +1: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...t-building-in-your-opinion.37403/#post-360989

DeletedUser116654

I consider this a pretty provocative and rude topic with the soul purpose to slander your game platform.
No, it's not. How do you come up with such outrageous interpretations? But of course, it's your opinion and you can have whatever opinion you want.
Nothing new on the rude department but indeed.
This diesn’t sound as an advisory topic but rather as an invite to rant.
I see that you are on the same train as your friend.
Actually because I was positive it was not mentioned yet and the OP wanted it like that ;)
But yes it changed the game a great deal but that’s perhaps an other subject :)
Actually, +1 to the Arc. It broke the game really well, IMO.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Gotta +1 to the Colosseum.

Was thinking all the buildings over, but the Colosseum Really stands out as the biggest waste of FP anyone could ever do. Way to big and offers next to nothing in return. Your oracle GB is already giving enough happiness, and even supplies which are extremely useful early on while taking a fraction of the space.

DeletedUser

Gotta +1 to the Colosseum.

Was thinking all the buildings over, but the Colosseum Really stands out as the biggest waste of FP anyone could ever do. Way to big and offers next to nothing in return. Your oracle GB is already giving enough happiness, and even supplies which are extremely useful early on while taking a fraction of the space.
But it looks so lovely between my Notre Dame and my Space Needle! :P

Emberguard

Legend
Actually, +1 to the Arc. It broke the game really well, IMO.
I disagree that it's the "worst" building. With an ever expanding tech tree and the lvl 10 cap removed the game sooner or later was going to need a scalable income to reasonably support that. That's what the Arc is for and it achieves that very well. I'd argue that the context it's placed into that causes problems depending on what you consider a problem. People dump into other GBs with or without a Arc, the main difference is which position they end up having the resources to take and with how much city collection for it to be viable.

If it applied the bonus to the owners GBs being lvl'd up the context would look very different. If they had restricted GBs to no more then 3 ages above your current age the context would look different again.

DeletedUser112892

No building is useless for certain people under specific circumstances.
At most they are for temporarily use why should that be not good?
Is this a FoE bashing thread?

Ones trash is an other’s treasure.
No building is useless if player just wants his city to look beautiful :rolleyes:.
But, if player doesn't care about the look, only about functionality, well, there are buildings that will be certainly must-to-avoid.

DeletedUser116654

Gaea Statue isn't completely useless, I think. It gives huge amount of happiness, doesn't require polishing, and gives some medals (quite less for players in higher ages and players with high level Arc). But it is also somewhat small, 24 tiles. Looks cool too :)

Agent327

Overlord
Gaea Statue isn't completely useless, I think. It gives huge amount of happiness, doesn't require polishing, and gives some medals (quite less for players in higher ages and players with high level Arc). But it is also somewhat small, 24 tiles. Looks cool too :)

So now you decide what others are allowed to think is a useless building?

Shad23

Emperor
if you have Traz and do your fair share of batles Gaea Statue is absolutely useless
hope you get my point here traz gives enough hapiness + troops for you to get as much medals as if you had Gaea Statue

DeletedUser116654

So now you decide what others are allowed to think is a useless building?
It is my opinion and I am just sharing it. If you don't agree to it, so be it. I am not dictating. What's your problem, by the way? You're always trying to complicate simple arguments.
if you have Traz and do your fair share of batles Gaea Statue is absolutely useless
hope you get my point here traz gives enough hapiness + troops for you to get as much medals as if you had Gaea Statue
If you have an Alcatraz at a very high level, and not so much population, then you are probably right. But on the other hand, if you have an Innovation Tower / The Habitat at a very high level, you might need some good happiness boost. Probably it's not as useful as good GBs, but it is much better than GBs like Notre Dame and Colosseum.