• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

what is the point in reporting to admins when nothing gets done

• Thread starter DeletedUser13805
  • Start date

DeletedUser13805

i have give up now playing in the brisband world, the guild of bullys called ghostriders are the bullys who have made me give up. i have reported them to admins but nothing is done, it goes beyound game play when they target you and you have no chance of getting your goods as there always there ahead of you. in the towers they help each other out and the number 1 in ca tower has a lead of almost double the points of number 2. with a score of over 6 million points at best i could manage about 110,000 a day. so god knows how they get so many points nor how they always know when your goods are ready ? i dont get this in any of the other worlds i play in. yes people plunder me but thats by chance and down to me to make sure i am there to get my goods but as for this guild who spends all there time making sure they get your goods well you just can not compete there are to many of them in this world. so bullys win and i give up and this site supports it. that is a shame but there you go i will just carry on playing in the other worlds were there is fair and honest play

DeletedUser

I have great sympathy with you on this issue .......This is a weakness in this game......it has been debated lots of times and the answer is always the same .....when it is raised on the forum here ......the team always say that it is part of the game.....no need to act ......nothing wrong in it at all.............they claim no sympathy with those under attack ........The moderators even try to give you infractions for daring to raise the matter or even discuss it on the forum..............but here is direct proof that it does cost players and needs action................

DeletedUser276

Gryphon is right to a point. I play in Brisgard and I get guys hitting my cities all the time. I just make sure that I am online at least 10 minutes before my supplies come due. I build my buildings not for what they produce.... but when they produce. My houses are all delivering at 8 hour intervals and I got a couple that produce once a day.

So when the timers hit 0 I am there to collect all the goods. Rarely like maybe 2% of the time (if they are lucky) someone takes a plunder while i am in the middle of collecting. But most of the time I get my goods. If you do this then you shouldnt have an issue.

Most of the people who complain about this I take a peek at their cities and they have houses from different ages, producing at different times, as they are building their houses with what produces the most rather than timeline to collect. This is just an open invitation to take your stuff. With this ability that hardly anyone takes advantage of it is understandable that players get frustrated. But with this workaround this is why staff say its a part of the game. If you build for production levels and people are able to plunder you then your not really producing as much as you think so thinking producing of time rather than quantity can actually net you more.

And gryphon you werent infracted with what you said but how you said it. Posting antagonistically with giant foam finger pointing and repeated spam it gets quite annoying not only for staff but others reading the forums. Petes post was fine hence why he gets this lovely response rather than my backside print on him :P

DeletedUser

desypete, have you tried 'if you can't beat them join them'? I am suggesting you apply to get into that Guild so you can learn what they are doing and use those same tactics yourself. Alternatively, if the tactics really are rule breakers then you can report facts to the admins.

DeletedUser

Alternativly, switch neighbourhoods.
Go idle for a 14 days, when you log back in you wont be in the same nieghbourhood.
Its a desperate measure but it works

DeletedUser4906

Go idle for a 14 days, when you log back in you wont be in the same nieghbourhood.

That must be what Griff01 is doing.....

[hehehe!]

DeletedUser

I accept your point of view.
No idea what is goin on with my founder, awol over 20days now....

"Infraction" being mentioned has me worried he may have been angered sufficiently to earn himself a ban; i can only hope this is from this forum and not from the game. I dont wish to lead his guild.

DeletedUser

This actually doesn't work the way you think it does. If you are inactive for long enough (how long depends on your Age), you will be hidden from view in your neighborhood. But once you return, you will still be in the same neighborhood. There is currently no way to move to a different one.

DeletedUser

Thank you for clarification on the matter.

I strongly believe a means to change neighborhood would solve the issue raised here.
(A significant cost would be needed of course - for example 400 diamonds)

------------------------

I find this game very interesting in that it rewards such a wide range of player type's (I'm of the explorer archetype, semi-casual Class A-social)*
The guild to which i belong certainly has a wide range of players from passive to aggressive.

While every game has its Griefer/Agressor architype's (Those who gain their reward at the cost of others) the balance is permitting all players to gain the enjoyment they require to continue playing. I look forward to Guild PvP as i believe it will provide a mechanic for political pressure to be applied as a counter to Aggressive groups. (Collective bargaining is often employed in social games - I already have extensive connections with other allainces in preparation for this content addition.)

For a Beta the balance in this game is almost there.
I have no doubt that the introduction of features and content, that has been hinted at, will improve the appeal to a wider range of players.

We just have to be patient.

(*I have been employed as a games dev/consultant and have moderated/admin'd many games over the last 2 decades, things have come a long way.)

DeletedUser

I strongly believe a means to change neighborhood would solve the issue raised here.

I offered a suggestion with this very idea not too long ago, actually. But it looks like there may be some technical issues that make it not an ideal solution.

DeletedUser4906

Thank you for clarification on the matter.

------------------------

I find this game very interesting in that it rewards such a wide range of player type's (I'm of the explorer archetype, semi-casual Class A-social)*
The guild to which i belong certainly has a wide range of players from passive to aggressive.

While every game has its Griefer/Agressor architype's (Those who gain their reward at the cost of others) the balance is permitting all players to gain the enjoyment they require to continue playing. I look forward to Guild PvP as i believe it will provide a mechanic for political pressure to be applied as a counter to Aggressive groups. (Collective bargaining is often employed in social games - I already have extensive connections with other allainces in preparation for this content addition.)

For a Beta the balance in this game is almost there.
I have no doubt that the introduction of features and content, that has been hinted at, will improve the appeal to a wider range of players.

We just have to be patient.

(*I have been employed as a games dev/consultant and have moderated/admin'd many games over the last 2 decades, things have come a long way.)

Stroll on, gryph mkII.......................Yawn!

DeletedUser

:)
I'm making very general comments. (Soz - If you miss-understood me)
My wish is to turn this rather negative topic into something positive, looking to the future successes of this game as it progresses from Beta status.
It's the balance of general styles of play that I attempt to discuss rationally and productively.

I am not trying to brag, i am simply stating that compared to web games of 2 decades ago FoE has much wider appeal and is far more balanced.
(e;g; Having to set an alarm for 3am to restock my defending army or intercept attackers from different time-zones was not much fun)

"Greifer" is simply a classification used within the game industry for a style of game play, a perfectly valid one that i indulge in myself from time to time (on other worlds).
Farmers need to be threatened, Griefers need feeding. Time-rich need Cash-rich(Whales) to chase for points and vise-versa.

My comment regarding PvP tourneys is that it will give those of us that prefer a more Aggressive play style a medium in which we might find more competition/challenge, and therefor greater reward and satisfaction. I have been very disappointed in other games when the competition gives up Or worse.
I am looking forward to starting a new guild on one of the other worlds when this content is added.

DeletedUser

so god knows how they get so many points nor how they always know when your goods are ready ?........

spends all there time making sure they get your goods
From a players perspective:

It is inevitable that competition is present in a game. After all that is what gives you the 'drive' to succeed. Forge Of Empires is peaceful already, you can't get beaten up over night, actually you can never get beaten up.
How to succeed in such a cruel world? I believe you have answered your own question in the quote above... "Spend more time". Appels fall down from the tree, success does not.

Regarding the "getting things done": Guild Wars are on their way so we should all have the chance to swing those fists soon.

Last edited by a moderator: