• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What is good about terrace farm?

• Thread starter DeletedUser111576
  • Start date

Galladhorn

Monarch
Terrace Farms are very felxible and give a farily high amount of output. So when players have enough space they turn to the Farms for those very reasons – the only real downside is that they can be plundered, but it matters not much to players that have reached high levels.

Victory Towers loose most of their value when players hit the limit of available medal expansions – medals can still be used in GE negotations L4, but in general high level players have already accumulated medals often counted in millions or even hundred of millions and still get Medal income from e.g Returning Questlines (If they bother to do those) and can also be won from competition, events etc. So space is better used for other things than the V-Towers.

Last edited:

Dead-Eye

General
TF are rather easy to place as opposed to a bunch of smaller things that would require extra roads. Most cities are set out in some sort of grid snd the farms fit in nicely with CG sets as they are 5×5. They are also easily replaced without to much headache. I replaced one with my assylum and will do the same with the forge bowl building.

DeletedUser118860

I have about 35 of them at my current age producing 580 medals, that’s about 20k in 7 days isn’t that good enough? Maybe not !!!
Xbmono please explain how you get the total you mention. If 35 towers produce 580 that's about 15 or 16 each. In 7 days the total will be 4060. So 20,000 will take about a month.

DeletedUser118860

Depends on the cost of your next expansions. Someone will probably correct me but the last medal expansion costs something like 1 million medals, I bought it a long time a go, I waste 1000s every week on extra turns in GE and still have millions of the things. As Test said above you get loads from other people's gbs to the point that they become irrelevant
CV you say you use medals in the GE - does that come later in the game as I'm using diamonds often as that's what they ask for?

CV you say you use medals in the GE - does that come later in the game as I'm using diamonds often as that's what they ask for?
Slight misunderstanding from how I've worded it :)

You get 8 goes initially which refresh at 1 per hour, you can use medals to buy extra goes, the medal price varies with era and increases each time you buy one from a few medals per turn at the beginning to several thousand per turn, this way you can do all 64 encounters in a few minutes

DeletedUser118860

You get 8 goes initially which refresh at 1 per hour, you can use medals to buy extra goes, the medal price varies with era and increases each time you buy one from a few medals per turn at the beginning to several thousand per turn, this way you can do all 64 encounters in a few minutes
No, the misunderstanding was mine as you did say you spent medals on TURNS not to finish the negotiation which is what I was thinking about. I didnt know you could buy extra turns as I never get that far. Also our total is 48 and not 64 so I expect that comes later. As for millions of medals, the mind boggles!

No, the misunderstanding was mine as you did say you spent medals on TURNS not to finish the negotiation which is what I was thinking about. I didnt know you could buy extra turns as I never get that far. Also our total is 48 and not 64 so I expect that comes later. As for millions of medals, the mind boggles!
Join a guild that opens level 4 each week, that's where you can win the slightly better stuff and lots of diamonds.

As for medals I have nothing else to spend them on so may as well use them when I can, get GE out the way and concentrate on Battlegrounds :D

Roches

Private
I mostly use them for goods. I only have two, so I can keep them at the current age fairly easily. At 5x6, they’re the same size as the largest ME, PME and CE goods buildings for the same output, plus they don’t require unrefined goods. The Sunken Treasure and Sleigh Builder are more efficient, though.

DeletedUser113156

Why all my high ranked friends as well as neighbours have so many terrace farm and no victory tower?

Are they using terrace farm for fp or for medals or what?

I like them for the FP.

Forwandert

Major-General
I built originally for goods, then swapped to fps and when a new era comes out will swap to goods for a while again, seriously debating getting rid of them this year though at some point.

My sleigh builders more than cover any goods (probably dont even need them! goods constantly build up) but it's a huge city area from tfs to try and find something to fit in same place and not look like everythings just thrown together. They do create a nice tidy area, just not productive enough. Stopped using my BG with them ages ago too as so many event/settlement buildings provide way more on double ups.

DeletedUser113423

Well THATS wrong im currently trying to get my LAST medals expansion at the cost of 870K in medals
Depends on the cost of your next expansions. Someone will probably correct me but the last medal expansion costs something like 1 million medals, I bought it a long time a go, I waste 1000s every week on extra turns in GE and still have millions of the things. As Test said above you get loads from other people's gbs to the point that they become irrelevant

syjytg

Master Corporal

If you want to know, the cost of medals is multiplied by 1.2 for every turn you buy. So if for example the first time you buy is 1 medal, the next one will be 1 medal (1.2 rounded down to 1), the next one will be 1 medal (1.44 rounded down to 1), the next one will be 2 medals (1.728 rounded up to 2) etc.

DeletedUser117610

The question should always be “what do I have that is better to fill that space”

If you’re optimising this is an ok guide forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Forge_Point_Building_Efficiency however you should note that it doesn’t factor roads; personally I add half the size of the shortest edge of a building for roads when calculating efficiency.

Also to note that in future it may be possible to get a TF update from GE that gives them 12fp/day at level 2. Though if the beta calculations make it to live then you’re going to have to deal with a much harder GE4 to get them (harder if you’re fighting anyway, IIRC the negotiations may not change), and you’ll likely receive 2/year if you complete GE4 every week so don’t hold your breathe