• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What happened to desypete?

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
He is gone completely, yet sharkiejr who stopped playing last year is still showing in search results.

Was he banned?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

A ban would not delete his account. He would have to manually do it on his own by going to Good-Bye InnoGames. Plus, if he did get banned in-game, he would most likely have gotten banned here on the forums (which I guess isn't affected by deleting his account ingame)

EDIT: well, the last thing he said on the forums doesn't help much:
i would love to get rid of the notifications that tell me joe blogs has just polished me etc.
what on earth do i need to know that for ?
if there must be a record of it then why oh why does it have to interrupt me when i am in the middle of a fight ?

now if i must be interrupted and stop what i am doing, then i would much prefer to be stopped in my tracks to know someone has put points in, than a polish or motivate.

so a +1 from me to the idea

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15432

Completely gone from everywhere, no explanation or anything - what happened to him

DeletedUser

A ban would not delete his account. He would have to manually do it on his own by going to Good-Bye InnoGames.

This is correct - a player would have to either manually delete his account by going to the appropriate link, or ask support to do it for them. If the account was just being left to go inactive, it would still exist.

Unfortunately there may not be an answer forthcoming as to why this course of action was taken, but it is difficult when people leave without any explanation.