• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What goods do I trade for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am now at the point where I have dye building up in my storehouses and would love to make some trades on the market. The reason I haven't done so yet is I haven't encountered a need for the other items. At what point do I need things like silk, rope, marble, etc.? Are those items needed to fulfill the quests my advisors present?

Max :confused:

DeletedUser1081

if you want to negotiate for control of neighbouring provinces rather than fighting for them, you need goods; and goods were necessary to unlock craftwork - i suppose there are other technologies like that.

DeletedUser

Thanks. I used the free diamonds I had received to unlock craftwork. I have been fighting my way to winning the provinces and haven't tried the negotiating technique yet. Now I will have to try that.

DeletedUser

I now have several trades up in the market. There are not too many players with offers up yet. Hopefully that will pick up.

DeletedUser1081

good for "your 80" that anyone has trades open!
so far i'm the only one in "my 80" offering anything

DeletedUser

I came to realize my expansion was limited and really slowed down trying to do it with military might. My troops are being defeated against a more advanced group. Negotiating at this point is what will get me the next province. This element adds a level of playing to this game so that is not all about military might. :cool:

DeletedUser

Go here to get a list of how much goods are required for each age in the tech tree, should help you figure what will be needed when.

DeletedUser

I know the feeling, I have Marble and Dye up; trying to get misc supplies for Negotiation 'quest', but there are no other offers up in my area.

DeletedUser

Well i intend to follow the quest but do not pinpoint me on some specialties.

we are all still in a learning stage and i solved this problem by just check in advance what you need for some quests or areas and the just build that kind myself,as soon i got myself what i think enough for a while i sell my building and replace it for an other one.
there i do the same.. etc etc.

Also some people set up rediculous trades and well.. do not expect te get someting.. :p

DeletedUser

Once people start advancing into the Iron Age, I think you will see more good trades popping up. I noticed the amount of goods required to unlock new tech starts to get pricey.

DeletedUser

yeah i noticed that as well..
i also mail people straight away to make a deal about trades.
works much more efficient, and yeah iron age is pretty much expensive in goods..

so trading is pretty much forced in this game :)

if you could loot these kinda buildings as well that would make the game a bit more interesting (battle wise).

DeletedUser1081

goods buildings can be plundered - you just have to get there when the goods are ready to pick up, and before the owner collects them. just like with all the other kind of building, now that i mention it

DeletedUser

hmmmm
tnkz for that tip then.. as for now i did not seen any so i thought only houses could be plundered..

Also for those who did not noticed yet.. here is a small tip for attacking.
the army you setup will follow the same order everytime..
so if you place your army into the attack section,
then you must watch how you put them in as they will attack from first placed to last placed unit.

it might turn the attack a whole other way. ;)

also it is best to do it yourself as the automatic thing does not always play in your advantage :|

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.