• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What can a guild do when the original leader is offline for 6 months?

DeletedUser115062

White Star - Greifental has been without its original founder/leader for 6 months. The automated system picked the co-founder / leader after 30 days. This person plays maybe once a week and will not discharge the duties of the leader, i.e. opening GE levels beyond first.

What can the guildees who play daily do in this situation?

Thank you,

Zarles - White Star - Castlemaine - Greifental

DeletedUser97166

If there is a co-founder they can technically remove the inactive founder from the guild if that is what you really want. All they would need to do is click the button that takes away founders rights then remove.

DeletedUser112745

What can the guildees who play daily do in this situation?l
If you cannot get a response from a guild founder or leader, in your case I'm afraid the best options are either:
  • Leave and join another guild that is more active in GE.
  • Leave and create your own guild, inviting the active members of the current guild who are also experiencing this.

When all the founders of a guild are either deleted or have been inactive for 30 days, the game automatically reassigns the next guild member with the highest guild rights as the founder. If two or more guildmates have the same guild rights, then it goes to the one who has been playing the longest. Since your co-founder is logging in about once a week as you say, this automatic reassignment won't happen. Game support will not get involved in guild affairs or guild politics unless a rule or policy violation has been committed.

Leaving is your best chance, I'm afraid. An inactive guild negatively affects the players who are in the guild, because they're not benefitting from excellent guild bonuses, alongside good prizes in GE.

DeletedUser99588

It does highlight the poor system in place for auto allocating a successor to the role of founder. Although still better than before it existed which required hoping support might take pity and intervene .A well run guild would have had leaders in place who could open GE etc. without the need of a founder. Unless the newly allocated founder removed those rights. Guild rights is all a bit of a pickle and not well thought out by the developers but most successful guilds find a way to make it work.

DeletedUser112745

It does highlight the poor system in place for auto allocating a successor to the role of founder.
I personally have to respectfully disagree with this sentence. FoE currently has one of the best inactive guild founder systems I’ve seen from experience.

To give just three examples from my previous experience over the years of my existence:
  • In another very popular browser game I previously played and moderated, you can have a leader and some deputy leaders in a guild. If the leader is inactive for 30 days they go into “inactive mode” where their city is temporarily removed from the map until they return. In this case the entire guild is disbanded when the leader enters inactive mode, no leader role reassignment at all. I hated this system and we got a lot of complaints from players - and I don’t blame them.
  • In a second browser game, if the founder goes inactive there’s no reassignment and there’s nothing you can do about it. If the player purchased something with real money, it protected their accounts from being deleted from inactivity (pre-GDPR this was). So an inactive founder who spent money would stay as the inactive founder of the guild forever - game support will not assign a new guild leader at all, they’ll shrug and go “not my problem”.
  • In an app I used to experiment with (for a very short time), if the alliance leader goes inactive you need to contact support. Then get down on your knees, beg and (probably) offer them a human sacrifice. This is hit and miss. If the leader “isn’t inactive enough” then the answer is no - but the thing is there is no official criteria set for what “inactive enough” actually is. Some inactive leaders have been replaced with another alliance member by support after a couple months, some are still inactive and “leading” the alliance after a year or more. Players suspect it has something to do with the amount of money the inactive leader spent, but this is just an unproven theory. Support is extremely inconsistent, speak broken English and are clearly untrained or at least poorly trained in this app.

By far, Forge of Empires has the best system I’ve seen when it comes to inactive guild leadership. And, compared to the above, we are very lucky to have the support team and the inactive founder reassignment system that we have.
A poor leadership is the fault of only the founder. The laziness or bad organisation skills of founders is not something that the developers can fix. It is the founder’s sole responsibility to ensure there is a strong leadership to unlock GE and so forth, as well as make sure there’s someone in place for the role to be reassigned to should they end up going inactive in unforeseen circumstances (maybe they’ll get flattened by an escaped rhino tomorrow? Who knows?)

The only thing I don’t like about the FoE guild system is that any founder can disband a guild at any moment they like. For example, when they’ve come home drunk after an argument with the wife, completely flushing all the guild’s years of hard work down the toilet in... five seconds? This needs changing, I agree. I even made a couple of suggestions in the forum regarding this. But in terms of inactive founder reassignment, the system here is better than most others out there by a thousand miles.

DeletedUser99588

I personally have to respectfully disagree with this sentence. FoE currently has one of the best inactive guild founder systems I’ve seen from experience.

To give just three examples from my previous experience over the years of my existence:
  • In another very popular browser game I previously played and moderated, you can have a leader and some deputy leaders in a guild. If the leader is inactive for 30 days they go into “inactive mode” where their city is temporarily removed from the map until they return. In this case the entire guild is disbanded when the leader enters inactive mode, no leader role reassignment at all. I hated this system and we got a lot of complaints from players - and I don’t blame them.
  • In a second browser game, if the founder goes inactive there’s no reassignment and there’s nothing you can do about it. If the player purchased something with real money, it protected their accounts from being deleted from inactivity (pre-GDPR this was). So an inactive founder who spent money would stay as the inactive founder of the guild forever - game support will not assign a new guild leader at all, they’ll shrug and go “not my problem”.
  • In an app I used to experiment with (for a very short time), if the alliance leader goes inactive you need to contact support. Then get down on your knees, beg and (probably) offer them a human sacrifice. This is hit and miss. If the leader “isn’t inactive enough” then the answer is no - but the thing is there is no official criteria set for what “inactive enough” actually is. Some inactive leaders have been replaced with another alliance member by support after a couple months, some are still inactive and “leading” the alliance after a year or more. Players suspect it has something to do with the amount of money the inactive leader spent, but this is just an unproven theory. Support is extremely inconsistent, speak broken English and are clearly untrained or at least poorly trained in this app.

By far, Forge of Empires has the best system I’ve seen when it comes to inactive guild leadership. And, compared to the above, we are very lucky to have the support team and the inactive founder reassignment system that we have.
A poor leadership is the fault of only the founder. The laziness or bad organisation skills of founders is not something that the developers can fix. It is the founder’s sole responsibility to ensure there is a strong leadership to unlock GE and so forth, as well as make sure there’s someone in place for the role to be reassigned to should they end up going inactive in unforeseen circumstances (maybe they’ll get flattened by an escaped rhino tomorrow? Who knows?)

The only thing I don’t like about the FoE guild system is that any founder can disband a guild at any moment they like. For example, when they’ve come home drunk after an argument with the wife, completely flushing all the guild’s years of hard work down the toilet in... five seconds? This needs changing, I agree. I even made a couple of suggestions in the forum regarding this. But in terms of inactive founder reassignment, the system here is better than most others out there by a thousand miles.

All interesting stuff but just because you have seen worse doesn't make something good. The rights system is very limited and really should have had a complete overhaul when GvG was introduced or soon after. What we have is a fudge of the original rights system (pre GvG) to try and cope with the extra requirements that came with GvG. It really doesn't work that well but guilds have just had to make the best of it.

DeletedUser111866

The only thing I don’t like about the FoE guild system is that any founder can disband a guild at any moment they like. For example, when they’ve come home drunk after an argument with the wife, completely flushing all the guild’s years of hard work down the toilet in... five seconds? This needs changing, I agree. I even made a couple of suggestions in the forum regarding this.
Yep, this is slightly stupid. I think that guild dissolution should happen only when the last man active in the guild leaves play by any means (a month of inactivity, or leave by button). Also I'd make autokick system for inactivity, say when a guildmate of a "dead" guild is off for a month without logging in this world, then he is counted as inactive and kicked off the guild by a script.

Cinnebar

Private
why bother having any guild rights at all if you are wanting the game to do the work for you...There are reasons why guildies are afk for a time.. any good team has a process to handle it.

I do agree on it being a bit too easy to dissolve a guild though... perhaps it should need a co-signator or more from the next leadership group.