• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What are your thoughts on adding poll in idea threads?

• Thread starter DeletedUser12400
  • Start date

What are your thoughts on adding poll in idea threads?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16000

+1 Great idea.
Lot of threads have no vote to let others know how the thread stands.

DeletedUser96901

awesome

I can vote down everything
and nobody will ask: why that -1
or complain: that guy gives to every idea a -1 and never a +1

so remember me when an idea has 99 times a +1 and one -1 :lol:

DeletedUser

so remember me when an idea has 99 times a +1 and one -1 :lol:
Don't think anyone would care about your -1 if there was 99 +1s in fairness.
Voted -1, because a poll by itself give the author and later readers no idea about WHY people voted as they did. They may have a valid point that should be considered.
Surely if someone had such a valid and important point to add, they'd comment and not just cast a vote. That'd be the fault of the voter, not the system, imo. The same person could just post "-1" and not add any further info in the current system.
I don't think anyone's talking about a poll by itself.

DeletedUser107476

I asked about having polls a while back especially for ideas. So a big +1 from me on this one :)

DeletedUser1094

I voted +1 to this idea :)

...but there is a huge drawback : Experiences tell that users, given an easy vote option, will vote upon the idea-title and not read the idea-post.
(Not all of course, but many will)

DeletedUser107476

I voted +1 to this idea :)

...but there is a huge drawback : Experiences tell that users, given an easy vote option, will vote upon the idea-title and not read the idea-post.
(Not all of course, but many will)
We are supposed to read the idea? :o

DeletedUser109268

Voted -1, because a poll by itself give the author and later readers no idea about WHY people voted as they did. They may have a valid point that should be considered.

Villow is right but if comment can be added it can be ok. The problem with the poll is that it saves time and the comments may be negletted? Not against , no pro. Neutral on this.

DeletedUser

I think its wonderful idea. It will keep thread cleaner as some only comment "-1", "+1", "Neutral"without any feedback and i don't think such posts deserves message count it receives.

DeletedUser109984

I do like this idea. One thing...I just had a post deleted because all I said was -1. I was told to use the poll. The poll had been locked and no one could vote anymore. Either the polls have to remain open for the entire life of the thread or allow -1 or +1 comments after the poll has closed.

DeletedUser109984

Thanks Overtype!

I agree that just -1 or +1 comments should be deleted if the poll is working!

DeletedUser109268

I would assume they would operate as this one does... poll at the top, comments below if need be. That's how all the idea threads with polls added have functioned so far.

In that case then it looks good to me.

+1

Vesiger

Monarch
users, given an easy vote option, will vote upon the idea-title and not read the idea-post.
Particularly since the poll appears above the idea and any comments - it would be better really if it appeared at the bottom after you had read the thread! (As it is, you have to scroll up again to vote.)

Also, it says "your vote will be publicly visible" - but in fact it isn't. Unlike in the old system, there doesn't seem to be any way of knowing who voted for what.

DeletedUser109984

Hi Vesiger,

New to the forum, would quote you if I knew how to do it quick but there is a way to see who voted. Click on view results then click on the actual number of votes. I just figured that out myself too!

DeletedUser106696

That reminds me too much of that old internet feedback joke about TornadoGuard I always treasured...
I'd much rather know WHY folks know the way they vote, which will be less likely if they can just push a button

upload_2016-11-5_17-31-29.png

Vesiger

Monarch
I see it's now changed to results only viewable after voting - any particular reason why?
(In case we should be influenced by seeing that a particular person voted one way?)

Status
Not open for further replies.