• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

We're changing the game in Hounds...

DeletedUser98639

After a very friendly discussion in global... we're looking for interested players who want to change things up in the game.

This is the idea:

Iron Age GvG will be our playground.

There will be two teams, led by two captains. The captains will be middle of the run players, they will not be in HL or FU and they will choose their teams, based on the available pool of players. Eddi will be the first pick for team A, and Addo will be the first pick for team B.

Teams will have to build goods and troops, you cannot use existing goods you hold.

You will have 1 week to prepare your team. The goal is to gain as many power points as possible in a 1 week period.

Are you up for this? If yes, reply to this thread!

DeletedUser99438

I'm up for it

Under 2 conditions though:

1st - It's not fair to expect small guilds to accept being wiped off maps so us bigger players can have a few giggles. They have spent goods (we could reimburse) and troops (we can't reimburse). Also they should not have to fight for what they already fought for. So All sectors they owned would need to be returned to them.

We won't hit higher eras because this big guild won't be happy and that big guild won't be happy. So how can we justify hitting the smaller guilds and saying ah well stuff you - your opinion don't count, now move out of the way?

Simply we can't. We have to be fair. And if this goes ahead, we have to find a fair way that will see no guild lose out on what they worked so hard to get.

2nd - An All out ceasefire on all maps. We can't leave guilds vunerable. I don't think it needs explaining really. I can't see many leaving their guilds unprotected from big players if their guilds can be attacked while they are out.

Hopefully we can find a way to do it - it would indeed be fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you are looking for a 79th or 80th pick in one of the teams, I'm in. :-)

p.-s. I'm GMT-5, could be helpful.

DeletedUser96745

At the end it will be FU against HL :D. To make things interesting, there should be totally new guilds and a draw, to break current compositions :)

DeletedUser99445

If you want someone who isn't involved to do the draw then I'm happy to write all the names down and put in a hat and draw the teams.
I have no ties to either of your guilds and hardly ever play in Houndsmoor so no preferences for either team or its players from me.

DeletedUser98639

1st - It's not fair to expect small guilds to accept being wiped off maps so us bigger players can have a few giggles. They have spent goods (we could reimburse) and troops (we can't reimburse). Also they should not have to fight for what they already fought for. So All sectors they owned would need to be returned to them.

We won't hit higher eras because this big guild won't be happy and that big guild won't be happy. So how can we justify hitting the smaller guilds and saying ah well stuff you - your opinion don't count, now move out of the way?

Simply we can't. We have to be fair. And if this goes ahead, we have to find a fair way that will see no guild lose out on what they worked so hard to get.

If this gets enough response, DM will contact those guilds on the map and those participating will contribute goods to those guilds for them to reclaim their sectors.

2nd - An All out ceasefire on all maps. We can't leave guilds vunerable. I don't think it needs explaining really. I can't see many leaving their guilds unprotected from big players if their guilds can be attacked while they are out.

I don't know how this would happen, you'd have to get all guilds to agree.

DeletedUser102702

Yes eddi 2 new guilds will be created and you and addo can't be on same team. Other than that the captains will pick their players from the pool that sign up to play. I am personally happy to pay other guilds compensation for their losses on iron age map and am more than happy if they take their sectors back after the comp is over. The smart guilds in this age could actually make a profit on this map goods wise.... :p

@ ER FU and HL can certainly agree to stop hitting each other including ghost guilds and allies etc. Not sure you will get the others to agree. If anyone wants to take sectors from either of these 2 guilds then that is their choice and i will say this now, any guild that hits FU during the competition time will certainly pay for it after so they better think long and hard before hitting...

I think most of us agree GvG is boring now and needs something to liven it up. Also what do sectors matter when guilds are at level 50 which both of our guilds are approaching.... I personally hope inno run with this idea and actually put on events themselves against other worlds where prizes can be won.... I am sure they could implement a proper tournament officiated by themselves if they wanted too....

DeletedUser105715

The best way is that Inno will open the sectors in the South and let hell break loose.

Sign me up :)

DeletedUser100065

Is there no other way of FU and HL having a competition on the GvG maps? Not sure how... maybe GvG without ghost guilds for an entire week, or maybe a poetry competition i dunno but i'm on the side that says leave your guilds and see what happens to the higher age sectors instead.

DeletedUser101925

Sounds fun. I've got plenty of space in my city if you need more farmers.

DeletedUser99588

Why don't you give up your own sectors in TE and then fight it out on that map and leave the lower guilds and maps alone?

Or just play GvG as it should be played and go and attack your neighbours on whatever map that takes your fancy instead of sitting amongst a bunch of allies admiring all those green sectors you own.

DeletedUser98159

was hoping to see more ppl had signed up ... but part of the fun is seeing who says 'YES!' to this and who has the excuses :D

when DM brought up about having a competition, it morphed into figuring out the fastest and least 'destructive' way to have a tourney. the reasons for using IA include not keeping anyone out, so even the lowest gvg player could participate; not many higher players have IA goods; compensating small guilds on the IA map would be much more affordable than trying to do higher ages; there is no tourney map at this time :(

to think that this is simply FU vs HL is pretty limiting. of the top ranked 200 players (not all active, by any means!), 20% are FU and HL. that means 80% are other guilds folks :D :D :D team concept is that team captains would be midlevel players who are NOT members of FU or HL. (i guess that would have to also include sister guilds?) and the players in the pool simply go where they are chosen, with the exception of eddi n Add ... so if DM is chosen by the team captain to go on Add's team ... well, then there goes the idea of playing with your mates! the teams could end up being very interesting ...

FoE is a great game that has become stagnant for a lot of H players. this tourney is simply a means of trying to bring a different level of FUN to the game ... by figuring out who will come represent from different guilds ... what non-tourney players will do when the tourney is happening ... if as a result of this tourney, new guilds will form and so on. @iiendless quite honestly everything you express concern for would defo spice things up, which is just what we are hoping for!

of course there are things that need to be worked out, but this is defo worth a try. i would hope that we as a world could really come together and figure out how to do this. it must be a somewhat decent idea when you have arch rivals in chat working together to try to figure out how to continue playing a great game that has gone stagnant ... (sorry inno)

DeletedUser99692

+1
As I keep telling you all I am not one who fights for the joy of it. We hold sectors on the IA map to let our juniors learn the basics without doing much harm. Having said that I am in favor of anything that stops us loosing anymore high age players from total boredom.

INNO opened a can of worms when they introduced GvG its about time they found a solution. Not a new world but a new direction can this be the start of player revolution lol

DeletedUser

Imagine a guild with 80 of the 160 best players in the game, right now, a guild with 100% activity, with players playing multiple times per day. It would rule the entire world, right now, and own more sectors than any other guild in each province easily, in matter of weeks.

Imagine two guilds like that.

The Iron Age province will be wiped out in 2 days, then it would consist of a fight between the two teams to declare a winner in 5 more days. If a normal guild tries to interfere, good luck; no guild will be able to withstand the power of the guild they are interfering with.

Every guild with IA sectors could be contacted to ask everyone to release their sectors by a specific date. No compensation.

DeletedUser

The problems with the GvG are simple: resources and lack of notifications. INNO _TRIES_ to dampen GvG by making the resource requirements a pain when a guild has too many sectors. And promotes inactivity with very poor notifications. Let me explain:

1- In other games, what controls how a team can grow in territory is how a team defends their territory. Period.

2- In other games, you are notified when a team attacks your territory, allowing you time to react if you are in the game.

While in FoE, guilds with a lot of sectors in a province will create a temporary guild (ghosts) to attack another guild, because they will have much lower resource requirements. So the dampening Inno imagined doesn't work

And when a guild attacks your territory, you often find out after the fact. That's killing the activity.

Fix these two things, and you fix the biggest problems with GvG and won't require a tournament like this. ;-)

1- Allow guilds to defend better their sectors (pay coins and supplies to add more slots, more armies per slot, upgrade the defensive bonus of a sector, etc...)

2- Notify the leader and the members that put a defensive army in a sector, when it's attacked.

If Inno wanted to create something amazing based on DM's great idea: a multi-world tournament, each world creates a 80-player guild, to fight the best team of each world. And give a major gift to each member of the winning guild. Since it will create a tournament that players will spend on diamonds. Whichever world is first after one month wins.

Food for thoughts.

DeletedUser99692

Just a thought

I presume that you will start on either side of the map. Would suggest that you form a line burning the sectors behind you to keep costs down. Winner would be the group that hold the most sectors behind their battle front.
That way you would have the potential to take the loosing group right off of the map ;)

DeletedUser102702

Anymore people interested in taking part in this? We are looking for 160 players total regardless of what age you are in as everyone can play a part. As QS said the concerns endless has will just make it more unpredictable and exciting. They are uncontrollable variables. Mega remember the whole of these guilds with the higher age sectors will not be leaving their 'home' guilds, probably just a small number. If another guild did try and take advantage of that they would certainly pay for it after as many players will be out of their home guilds. Very easy to create another guild and have some fun with cheap sieges! ;-)

Ideally i would love inno to create us a map to do this on but being realistic i don't think it will happen so if enough people sign up we will have to make it happen on one of our own maps and iron age makes the most sense... When i had this idea i did think about world v world GvG with inno offering prizes for the winning world. Obviously u would have to put worlds against another world of a similar age, So A world V B world for example. Couldn't do H world V J world as its not fair... Who knows they may even sell some extra diamonds when its on if the carrot being dangled is big enough