• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Weird Stuff Happening On The Market

DeletedUser1032

I'm trying to post a new trade on the market screen. The trade is asking for 5 units of brick, offering 30 units of stone. It is not "guild only" trade, as can be seen on the screen below. However, I'm getting a message saying that it's an invalid offer.

01.jpg

However, when I go to view my current offers, I see that all of my trades have turned into guild trades. Even the ones that are out of the ratio range. Here's a picture.

02.jpg

Then I went to the main trading screen, where I see that all trades from my guildmates have been also turned into guild trades. Some are also out of range.

03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

NOT A BUG.

If you go to the Changelog for 0.15 you can see that they changed the ratios for trading.

Checkered Jester said:
All goods now have a limited ratio between 0.5 and 2 to prevent multi-accounters using the ratio's to their advantage.
Also, all guildmembers who are in your neighbourhood have their trades now turned into guild trades, so you don't have to spend a forge point.
However, again, it's all in the link above.

Read it.

- Lodroth

DeletedUser1032

Yes, I've read the changelog, about ten seconds after the update took place. The lowest rate allowed is 0.5, the highest is 2. But if you look at my screens again, you'll see that some of those trades are at a ratio of 6, yet they still show as guild trades. That's why I've posted the screens.

Also, all of my new trades show up as guild trades, even the ones that were meant for the whole neighbourhood, not only for my guildmates. How am I supposed to tell which one is which, when they all have the same icon?

Also, since posting this thread, I've learned that ALL trades are now limited to those new ratios, not only guild trades. Do they seriously want people to trade brass for marble at these rates?

DeletedUser

Checkered Jester said:
Filters are now actually filters. You no longer have to select "Guild Only" if you are in the same guild as someone to be able to trade for free. This means, if you are in the same guild and neighborhood, you will get it for free from wherever you get it.
The icon merely tells you "This person is in your guild", NOT "This is a guild only trade". You can now just trade with guildmembers, from any neighbourhood, without using Forge Points, even if it is an Open Market Trade.

I agree with you on the point that you can no longer tell which one of your trades was an open trade, and which one was a guild trade.
I myself am in a trading orientated guild and we had an ethos to always trade fair WITHIN the guild. Outside the guild, members could do whatever the hell they wanted. Now, however, those 'profitable' open market trades have been merged with guild trades, simply because now every guild member's trades show in the Guild Trade Market now..

Also, they did not alter existing trades, so they still have the 0.14 ratios.

Regarding your last comment, you should not want to trade Brass for Marble anyway, ever. Even if you offer 10 Marble for 1 Brass. Not even the Game Merchants do that. In my opinion different age goods, should always be traded for the same age goods, or 1 age away (Bronze for Iron). To suggest a trade of Bronze Age for Early Middle Age, is just a waste of time. No one is going to trade that, and if they do, they're just making a big mistake.
That's how I see it anyway.

- Lodroth

DeletedUser

Yes, I've read the changelog, about ten seconds after the update took place. The lowest rate allowed is 0.5, the highest is 2. But if you look at my screens again, you'll see that some of those trades are at a ratio of 6, yet they still show as guild trades. That's why I've posted the screens.

Also, all of my new trades show up as guild trades, even the ones that were meant for the whole neighbourhood, not only for my guildmates. How am I supposed to tell which one is which, when they all have the same icon?

Also, since posting this thread, I've learned that ALL trades are now limited to those new ratios, not only guild trades. Do they seriously want people to trade brass for marble at these rates?

Is it a transitional thing where pre-existing trades have been carried across into the new release?

<Edit> Actually, I should just be quiet about this issue. I don't really fully understand it yet and need to have a play :)

<Another edit> Are you saying that if a guild member from a different neighbourhood posts a trade intended for just his neighbourhood, then that trade becomes available to all that guild member's guildies no matter what neighbourhood they are in?

DeletedUser1032

I myself am in a trading orientated guild and we had an ethos to always trade fair WITHIN the guild. Outside the guild, members could do whatever the hell they wanted. Now, however, those 'profitable' open market trades have been merged with guild trades, simply because now every guild member's trades show in the Guild Trade Market now.

I don't know what you call fair, but here's an example, just so you see things from my perspective. Recently I've posted a trade asking for 5 brick, offering 30 lumber. I did that because I know that to produce bricks costs a ton of resources, and I was willing to go even higher than my offer, but thought I'd try it out. And someone took that offer, simply because they either needed lumber or felt like helping me out. I look at how much goods that I offer cost me, and how much goods that I'm asking for cost. The way things are now, all I can do is offer is 10 lumber for 5 bricks. That's 1,000 coins and 1,000 supplies in my costs for those 10 units of lumber, but 4,000 coins and 4,000 supplies for those 5 bricks I'm asking for. Hardly seems fair. But with this new system, I'm basically forced to ask that person, guildmate or not, to take a huge pay-cut, just because I'm stuck with these stupid ratio restrictions.

By the way, I wish people would stop saying that the ratios are there to stop multi-accounting. How is it stopping anyone from cheating, when anyone can trade 100 stone for 100 silk? I've been saying all along - you want to stop (or at least limit) multi-accounting, scrap the ratios that are based on the number of goods. Tie those trades to the actual cost of producing these goods.

DeletedUser

I have edited my post and replied to what I thought was fair at the bottom of my previous comment, don't know if you saw it.

However, this is turning into a discussion and is no longer focused on bug reporting. Your issues have been addressed.
The fairness of them, though, is another discussion which the forum probably has a separate section for.

- Lodroth

DeletedUser1032

My issue hasn't been addressed at all. I just created a bunch of funny market offers, each asking for 100 silk, and each offering 100 stone or lumber in return. And the system actually accepted those! Do the math, see how much each of those costs. This is inviting multi-accounting, not getting rid of it.

Anyway, I've just logged out and logged back in, and my market screen seems to be screwed up. When creating an offer, under "Your Offers", the drop-down list doesn't list stone anymore. Also, at the bottom of that same drop-down list, glass, basalt and silk are there, but there is no brass, talc powder, nor gunpowder. And to be sure, I've logged out again, logged in, and these items are still missing.

DeletedUser1032

Anyway, I've just logged out and logged back in, and my market screen seems to be screwed up. When creating an offer, under "Your Offers", the drop-down list doesn't list stone anymore. Also, at the bottom of that same drop-down list, glass, basalt and silk are there, but there is no brass, talc powder, nor gunpowder. And to be sure, I've logged out again, logged in, and these items are still missing.

Scrap this one. It seems that if you got zero units of certain goods, they don't show up on these lists. But this still doesn't explain the funny trade offers I've been able to create.

DeletedUser17

The guild exclusive trades and open trade offers are all marked as Guild trades (this is a bug). If you create an offer you should be able to tell what type it is: for guild or open for all. Other players see them correctly. (I suspect this is because are in your own guild, so all your offers are displayed as guild offers). This has been reported.

SC-3714

As to the ratios, this happened because there was no trade restriction before the update, so anything you made before 0.15 is now a guild trade, and possible outside the 0.5 - 2.0 range.

DeletedUser

when I go to view my current offers, I see that all of my trades have turned into guild trades. Even the ones that are out of the ratio range.
Lodroth said:
The icon merely tells you "This person is in your guild", NOT "This is a guild only trade". You can now just trade with guildmembers, from any neighbourhood, without using Forge Points, even if it is an Open Market Trade.

Also, they did not alter existing trades, so they still have the 0.14 ratios.

The trade is asking for 5 units of brick, offering 30 units of stone. It is not "guild only" trade, as can be seen on the screen below. However, I'm getting a message saying that it's an invalid offer.
Checkered Jester said:
All goods now have a limited ratio between 0.5 and 2 to prevent multi-accounters using the ratio's to their advantage.

Your issues have been addressed, your latest issues should be posted in a new thread.

In addition: Trying to trade 100 stone for 100 silk is not a ratio-illegal trade. It has nothing to do with a bug.(edited: CJ)

- Lodroth

DeletedUser

This is not a discussion thread, Please keep it to a bug report, thanks guys.