• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Weird dialogue on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Has anyone else noticed this? I do not know who these people are talking to, but there is some very weird dialogue occurring at around this time ( it was 7-8 am, GMT - game time). It is not for a Journal, that I can tell.
The posters do not have game names, just letters and numbers. Do we have a mod on duty at this time?? It reminds me of the gibberish I used to receive as spam in my email. What is going on? I do not feel comfortable with this going on in our game. I do not like to think that this forum is being used for anything other than our game. Has anyone checked this out?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It is just spam posted by spambots. Unfortunately our mods can't be on 24/7. A solution to stop spambots from registering is being worken on, AFAIK.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

Hello Milady, as Anwar mentioned, we can not be on 24/7, but rest assured, we get rid of the nuisances as soon as we come online. Also as Anwar mentioned, a more permanent solution is being worked on, hopefully soon we can have things back to normal. Until then, please report any, and all ad threads you find during your travels in the forums, this will help us hunt them all down, and get the eyesores out of view.

DeletedUser6965

Anwar? do u know what they changed in german forum? Since they changed sth. I have never seen spam again ^^
U could do the same here and in the BETA-forum.

DeletedUser276

they did. However that didnt fix the problem here for long. I believe its because we have more users and viewers so are more of a prime target than some of the other forums so the attacks here are modified quicker and better.

DeletedUser

Good to hear that you are all aware of this and taking care of it. Thanks! =D

DeletedUser

There were actually more spambots than members online a while ago, lol.

DeletedUser7719

remember, we can report spam be clicking on the hazard-looking button to the left end of where you see "reply", "reply with quote", etc. (Don't forget to add rep when people deserve it!)

DeletedUser

remember, we can report spam be clicking on the hazard-looking button to the left end of where you see "reply", "reply with quote", etc. (Don't forget to add rep when people deserve it!)

I always do ! Though its one of those things you wonder if anyone ever reads.
There was no actual spam they were all banned so couldn't post. First time I've noticed 5 or 6 at one time though.

DeletedUser4089

I always do ! Though its one of those things you wonder if anyone ever reads.
There was no actual spam they were all banned so couldn't post. First time I've noticed 5 or 6 at one time though.

I read each and every single one of them, thanks for reporting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.