• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed 'Week #94 & 95 2019-02-18 | 2019-02-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser116525

I think this format of competition is a bit too overwhelming to manage.
Maybe a new format that would make adjudicating the winner easier?

One of the stand out observations for me is how few FOE players actually enter, it seems a bit overwhelming for people when they come in and find themselves in amongst what appears a small group conversation, it really doesn't have a competition feel about it, but rather a chat thread which many people don't feel comfortable in taking part.

I think there should be a general chat thread for people to shoot the breeze into and a competition thread that is simple and straight forward like answering a question or some other format that would encourage a lot more people to enter.

If there were a hundred active people in this format of competition then it would probably be ok but it's basically just a small handful of the same people, including me who post continuously, and even then, the winning time may not even be won, making it even more complicated.

What does everyone think?
Should there be an easier format of competition to encourage the entire forum viewers to want to enter?
What type of competition might work?
Do you think it's overwhelming for forum moderators to go through 100 pages each and every week?

DeletedUser116182

I don't take neighbours into account as they are hit & miss and change all the time anyway.
I guess the key is guildmates, the bigger the guild the more aids, but since my guild only has 9 others it's not going to help a lot.
Friends is limited to 60 or so, so i'd expect about 40 aids a day as some don't aid everyday.

So I think for my city, 50 is about it as I have a few other buildings that get aided before SoK's.
Friend request is capped at 80, but you can have friends up to 140, excluding invited players. Friends are as important as guildmates in terms of aid.
50 too few? then you got some catching up to do buddy, you only have 15 and no space for another
I answered your question. I don’t understand the correlation between upper boundary of effective SoK and number of SoK I have in one of my cities. Either you didn’t convey your question clearly or you misunderstood my answer. :?

Edit: You should exclude neighbours if you plunder a lot. Otherwise, you can calculate the daily average. The number is not many and less reliable, but you can take it into account and there are self aid kits to cover the gap when necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116182

One of the stand out observations for me is how few FOE players actually enter, it seems a bit overwhelming for people when they come in and find themselves in amongst what appears a small group conversation, it really doesn't have a competition feel about it, but rather a chat thread which many people don't feel comfortable in taking part.

I think there should be a general chat thread for people to shoot the breeze into and a competition thread that is simple and straight forward like answering a question or some other format that would encourage a lot more people to enter.

If there were a hundred active people in this format of competition then it would probably be ok but it's basically just a small handful of the same people, including me who post continuously, and even then, the winning time may not even be won, making it even more complicated.

Should there be an easier format of competition to encourage the entire forum viewers to want to enter?
Do you think it's overwhelming for forum moderators to go through 100 pages each and every week?
I think the current format of this competition is pretty simple. No such rule that participant must take part in conversation here. I often feel like a stranger among players from the same guild, but I’m not an unstable person who gets easily offended. Even if they want to exclude me from conversation or even put me in their ignore list, go ahead. Frankly speaking, who cares. I find conversation here is sometimes useful, although most of the times nothing to do with me.

DeletedUser116525

You may be right, considering that many slots in the friends list are taken up by guild members, and assuming daily average mot pol rate of 50%.
This was actually going to be my next discussion prompter :)
I think it's unproductive to have guild members in your friends list.

I have been thinking how to go about it, to tell my few guild members we should quit being friends as we can already donate to each others GB's and we can also Aid eachother, the only thing we couldn't do is sit in our taverns which is low priority anyway.

This would free up space to get more friends, whether it's to fill up the 80 by inviting prefered friends or waiting for friend requests to go beyong the initial 80

Giskler

Legend

I have been thinking how to go about it, to tell my few guild members we should quit being friends as we can already donate to each others GB's and we can also Aid eachother, the only thing we couldn't do is sit in our taverns which is low priority anyway.

This would free up space to get more friends, whether it's to fill up the 80 by inviting prefered friends or waiting for friend requests to go beyong the initial 80
Unless you are capped out, there's no reason not to have them

DeletedUser116182

I always think my friend list is entirely at my sole discretion. They’re just friends in this game. I don’t know them, they don’t know me either. I aid them and visit their taverns on daily basis, so I expect them to do likewise. If they don’t meet my expectation, bye-bye. No more, no less. :)

Giskler

Legend
I think the current format of this competition is pretty simple. No such rule that participant must take part in conversation here. I often feel like a stranger among players from the same guild, but I’m not an unstable person who gets easily offended. Even if they want to exclude me from conversation or even put me in their ignore list, go ahead. Frankly speaking, who cares. I find conversation here is sometimes useful, although most of the times nothing to do with me.
The solution is simple, join us :P

Good morning everyone :D

Another nice day and I'm stuck in an office :(

There are other competitions on the forum that follow the normal process. Does anyone know when the results of the football competition will be released? Not that I will win but it would be nice to know :)

Giskler

Legend
Good morning everyone :D

Another nice day and I'm stuck in an office :(

There are other competitions on the forum that follow the normal process. Does anyone know when the results of the football competition will be released? Not that I will win but it would be nice to know :)
Sounds like a nice day for taking 2nds!

DeletedUser

Well, if the alternative was everyone just writing "post," I would probably not bother with it. What attracts me about this competition is that it is both a place to have fun, chat, and exchange advice, and a place where you can get goodies. If I can only get goodies most of which, honestly, don't interest me that much, I would most likely not be here.

People who participate in forums do so because they like to talk and discuss. There's nothing keeping you from saying, "Hi, I'm new here, looking forward to participating in this competition" and then slowly getting to know who is who and how things work, like in every other forum on the internet. People who don't like to participate in forums aren't likely to actually come and try it or stay for very long anyway, so meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.