• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #88 2019-01-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Any 7-BP ? Could I have top left corner of arc x2, middle bottom of arc, top right of AO, center for kraken, left middle for TA and "surprise me" for 7th :P
To clarify, you can choose which GBs you want the BPs for, but not the position. That said, we would never give duplicates; so for yourself, if those positions were the only ones for which you still need FPs in Arc, AO, Kraken & TA, you would get exactly those BPs. If however you still needed another BP for Kraken for example, there is a chance you might get that one instead.

Hope that makes things clearer :)

DeletedUser116490

To clarify, you can choose which GBs you want the BPs for, but not the position. That said, we would never give duplicates; so for yourself, if those positions were the only ones for which you still need FPs in Arc, AO, Kraken & TA, you would get exactly those BPs. If however you still needed another BP for Kraken for example, there is a chance you might get that one instead.

I dont really need any of those I asked. My aim with that was to get clarification on "any 7 BP-s".
Thanks for that :)

Ati2

Legend

Did this change? In the past, we needed to say which positions we wanted.

Did this change? In the past, we needed to say which positions we wanted.

Agree. We got to pick the positions previously.

Giskler

Legend
I'm bored at work so I did some napkin math with Vikings. Assuming a completion time of 15 days per settlement (including 24 hr cooldown) it will take 224 days to complete a level 8 tree and you will earn 1709 fps during that time vs 3733 fps for aborting and doing 5 quests every 36 hours. Assuming 15 day completion time for repeatable 50 fp settlement you get 245 fps vs 250 with aborting.

However, if we assume the completion time goes down as you earn more 4x bonus chance the math changes a bit. Based on beta forum posters completing their 4th and 5th in 11 days or less it would be 188 days to level 8 tree with 1577 fps earned vs 3132. However, doing the repeat in 12 days turnaround returns 215 fps vs 200 with aborting. To break even with aborting you would have to complete 104 settlements with a 12 day turnaround which would take 1248 days or 3.4 years.

This is looking strictly at fps and not at coins, supplies, medals, goods and attack bonuses of which settlement completers will have a huge advantage over the aborters on. Also, you will eventually complete several runestones which will shorten the time to break even.

I guess it depends on how much value you place on getting all the extra goodies besides just fps. If you want fps and only fps, you should cleary abort and complete 5 quests over and over forever.

PS completion times might be even lower than 12 days turnaround with max 4x chance, but we have no idea about this yet.

Last edited:

Last time this was the prize I asked for specific BPs on several GBs and was given them

Edit: I should read the rest of the posts before replying as everyone else has already said the same :)

Was just reading your maths on Vikings, I'm already thinking of aborting. There's no way I can get it done fast enough and don't have the time to work it out properly. Think I will go for the 25fp and abort method from now on :)

Giskler

Legend
Was just reading your maths on Vikings, I'm already thinking of aborting. There's no way I can get it done fast enough and don't have the time to work it out properly. Think I will go for the 25fp and abort method from now on :)
It requires you to do 4 hour goods productions all day then an 8 hour one for the night. It gets easier as you complete it more and more, but I think they should look at the math again or perhaps swap the 20 fp reward with the medal one to discourage aborting. It just seems silly to me that aborting is more rewarding than doing the content, I'm not sure this was thought through properly.

It requires you to do 4 hour goods productions all day then an 8 hour one for the night. It gets easier as you complete it more and more, but I think they should look at the math again or perhaps swap the 20 fp reward with the medal one to discourage aborting. It just seems silly to me that aborting is more rewarding than doing the content, I'm not sure this was thought through properly.

that's assuming you are even producing copper coins fast enough.
it takes a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.