• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #84 2018-12-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Hi folks, here is the new thread for the new week :)

As promised, this week you can win

500 Winter Event Stars

All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is to post a reply in this thread. The more you post the more chance you have of posting within 2 minutes of this week's random time and winning the prize. You can read more about how the competition works here.

This week's competition will close at 11pm on Sunday 16th December.

Good luck everyone!

Iwateguy

Major-General
a-close-up-of-the-word-post-on-a-red-post-box-in-the-england-stock-photo_csp26770420.jpg

DeletedUser113110

Hi folks, here is the new thread for the new week :)

As promised, this week you can win

500 Winter Event Stars

All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is to post a reply in this thread. The more you post the more chance you have of posting within 2 minutes of this week's random time and winning the prize. You can read more about how the competition works here.

This week's competition will close at 11pm on Sunday 16th December.

Good luck everyone!
I need to win!!!!!!!!:)
PS check out my forums idea!:)
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...eads-inactive-for-3-months.36692/#post-322611

DeletedUser113110

That will be next week ;)
Firstly we will widen out the time frame, to 10 minutes either side of the chosen time, with smaller amounts of Stars to be won for those posts further away from the chosen time. Secondly you will be able to win multiple times in one week. Further details to follow...
Will that actually happen? I hope it does!!:D

Iwateguy

Major-General
That will be next week ;)
Firstly we will widen out the time frame, to 10 minutes either side of the chosen time, with smaller amounts of Stars to be won for those posts further away from the chosen time. Secondly you will be able to win multiple times in one week. Further details to follow...

So the idea is to widen out the target window by five times, from four minutes to twenty. In the hope that the plan isn't set in stone, how about keeping it a four-minute target but give more targets throughout the day?

For example, last week's time was roughly 9 am, right? I'll use 9:05 to illustrate. The winning times would (old rule) be from 5:03 am to 5:07 am, my time. Widening that to 4:55 am to 5:15 am (new rule) doesn't really make much of a difference.

Instead, keep 9:05 am as the randomly-chosen time with a four-minute window and add 4 more times: one time is 5 hours later and a second is 5 hours earlier. A third and a fourth will be ten hours later and ten hours earlier. So, 9:05 am, 2:05 pm, 7:05 pm, 11:05 pm, and 4:05 am. You still have 20 minutes of window in which to win. Does anyone see a downside to this?

AussieAlex

Overlord
So the idea is to widen out the target window by five times, from four minutes to twenty. In the hope that the plan isn't set in stone, how about keeping it a four-minute target but give more targets throughout the day?

For example, last week's time was roughly 9 am, right? I'll use 9:05 to illustrate. The winning times would (old rule) be from 5:03 am to 5:07 am, my time. Widening that to 4:55 am to 5:15 am (new rule) doesn't really make much of a difference.

Instead, keep 9:05 am as the randomly-chosen time with a four-minute window and add 4 more times: one time is 5 hours later and a second is 5 hours earlier. A third and a fourth will be ten hours later and ten hours earlier. So, 9:05 am, 2:05 pm, 7:05 pm, 11:05 pm, and 4:05 am. You still have 20 minutes of window in which to win. Does anyone see a downside to this?
Doesn’t seem like any downsides, except maybe for those who have to calculate. We don’t need to spoil their Christmas season. @Amy Steele @Emberguard, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.