• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #8 2017-06-26

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108047

Returning to the question of Chateau... the recurring quests increase in number as you advance. You can sit on the recurring quests and If you plan for it you can do numerous in one setting... If I have my city on one 24 hour collect... then I can do the coin and supply recurring quests at least 3 or times each day plus 2 or 3 rinbin quests. I think I've managed to do 10 a day a few times.. You just collect only enough (in the right order) to complete the quest, then abort the longer ones and do it again. Usual collect was 90+ goods plus coin and supply just for doing my collections in the right order

@Augustavian you keep mentioning Lotus... which has me bemused. There is a survey of GB usage in this forum which is regularly updated. NONE of the top players surveyed use it. The happiness from traz plus quality cultural buildings and roads is usually enough... I don't consider myself a top player - only recently reached AF but I haven't seen a Lotus building in a city on N...

@Prinza the Hunter - looking at GB's listed for you - I didn't see any of the fighting GBs? I assume you will level those right up. CdM is the best as it gives fps and you can get it at an early age. Getting a traz early also really helps as you then don't have to carry a large number of barracks

DeletedUser110195

I'm talking about building advanced GBs in a low age city, I don't fight in my alt worlds and frankly, EMA cultural buildings would be a waste of space to keep up with inno tower population, not to mention....no coins because no houses.

I also don't get the hate for lotus temple. I have seen advanced cities using the population GBs have no houses...how else would you suggest getting coins? Aiding? You think that would be enough?

Okay, after looking I see the chateau also gives coins, and slightly more than lotus temple, so for a fighter building the chateau would be the way to go, so on that point I would reorder the GBs to build were I Prinza, to: Inno Tower, Alcatraz, Chateau Frontenac, Dynamic Tower, the Arc, CdM, Aachen, Zeus. After this it's matter of whether you feel something is worth the trouble. Funny enough, on my main world those first 5 are MY order for GBs not yet built. I put the last three last because you need the proper support in place to run things, that means population, then happiness for them, coins to replace houses, supplies to replace supply buildings(because let's be honest, these buildings are going to devour every inch of space).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

Not st marks for the % coin boost? Or RAH for the % supply boost?
Those don't affect coin or supply productions of GBs, so no. At least not for their coin and supply boosts. They still give goods, so that fall into 'Is it worth the trouble?' I don't think it would be at that point, you would have the arc and dynamic tower giving goods, and you could just build goods buildings with all the population you aren't spending on supplies production.

DeletedUser108047

Arc goods go to treasury not to the player. St Marks and RAH can't be plundered

DeletedUser110195

Right, still, considering the coin and supply boost passives would be useless you'd be better off using that space for goods buildings, or building babel and the lighthouse. Same thing for the lighthouse as with RAH but a much smaller footprint.

vikingraider

Emperor
If you sit in an age long enough and do all its side quests, or abort them, you start getting recurring quests, which can't really be completed fast enough to make viking's thought on it accurate. You may get a 5 FP pack(with a 100% boost from Chateau De Frontenac gives 10) but you won't be able to complete the three recurring quests more than once a day each, so at best, you get 30 extra FP...which isn't bad, but won't make you a competitor against people who have a hundred SoKs among other things.

??? Do you have a Chateau? Maybe things are different in beta, where I have mine, but several of your points are wrong. The boost applies to coins, supplies, goods, medal and diamonds. NOT fp packs(always 5fp). In beta I'm in HMA and there are 11 recurring quests and it's possible to abort any or all of them constantly to get to the one you want. On beta, I've just done; 'collect 2 saltpeter' x6; 'spend 8000 coins and 8000 supplies' x6 and 'spend 38fp' x4 all in about 10 minutes. If I was that inclined I could abort all quests to get to the 'spend coins and supplies' one and do it until I can't be bothered to click anymore. So, as I said in a previous post, if you wanted a near endless supply of fp, Chateau's recurring quests could get you it.

DeletedUser110195

Hmm...on my one EMA world where I get recurring quests, all I got were the same three collect 15000 supplies/coins or research a tech. I could not possibly do any of those more than once a day.

DeletedUser110195

Just did, and it confirms for me that the recurrings at that low end, while there are 6 of them, 5 will take a full day to complete and the 6th just keeps giving supplies, after you pay coin AND supplies and more than what you get back. I did it several times before concluding that it would give nothing else.

vikingraider

Emperor
One of my guild mates on beta was in Iron Age(level 116 chateau!!!??!!) and he just waited till the 'spend x coins and x supplies' came up. Strange.

DeletedUser110195

That's the one I did, and 9 times out of 10 it cost 5k coin and supply and gave 2k supply..this 10th time doing it it gave 5 alabaster so I suppose it can give something else.....level 116 chateau? Whew, that may just justify doing that over and over.

vikingraider

Emperor
The rewards are random. In the 16 quests I did earlier I got a mixture of coins, supplies, goods, bp's and 2 5fp packs. 10fp in 10 minutes. I think it's worth it. By the way, I've just checked and he's getting a 680% bonus at level 116. And over 1,000,000 coins per day just from chateau. :o

DeletedUser110195

You'd need a chateau with a good bonus first, else it would be a waste of time, coin and supply, the odds are too low and the payout for when you don't get something useful is too low without it. That's much too expensive at low ages, my InA main city I could do that though.

Just out of pig-headedness, if nothing better, I am going to hold on to the three I have laid down so far:
  • Hagia Sofia
  • Statue of Zeus
  • Lighthouse of Alexandria
So that is giving me
  • Happiness
  • Forge Points
  • Attacking boost
  • Supplies Boost (interesting that such boosts don't work on GBs, it just says "the first 40 supply collections")
  • Goods
I am now in HMA and might stay here for a bit. After the Summer Event is done and I have squeezed whatever I win into my town, I'm thinking of putting down:
  • Tower of Babel (population for military buildings, if nothing else) and more Goods.
  • Temple of Relics (not mentioned so far but what the heck).
This may be enough Goods for me not to need any current-age Goods buildings, so freeing up space (and population, not to mention Coins and Supply) for other things (even more barracks, woopee!). For the Tower of Babel to compete on population alone, it has to get up to level 8 but I'm really looking at it for the Goods, where it becomes effective at around level 2-3.
The Temple of Relics and the Observatory, are side-issues, really. They are more about why one wants to play, than how.

I have additional blueprint sets for
  • Cathedral at Aachen
  • Colosseum
  • Notre Dame
The Cathedral is tempting, for an additional attacker boost. The coins, well, that's more difficult to know why I even want all these Coins (I passed 1m in my bank a long time back).
Despite all people say, I have considered putting down a Colosseum, just to level 1 or 2 temporarily for the medals. It's big, though.
Notre Dame gives yet more happiness and Supplies, though again I don't really know what I want to do with them all!

I have compared various GBs to the standard buildings. What I have not done is compare them with other GBs, which is what you guys are rightly talking of. So that's my next task, even before laying down the Tower of Babel (I don't think there is anything quite like the Temple of Relics, so that's a given).

DeletedUser110195

NO! Don't build the colosseum OR notre dame! You will regret it sorely. Nothing about them justifies their existence.....at least with a lotus temple you get a GOOD amount of coins, you'll get **** and shoved in it with those two heaping dungpiles.

You absolutely want Aachen, perhaps building zeus first isn't a bad idea, the coins it produces aren't THAT great, but it should be before or after castel del monte. Anyway, you should not build any of them before inno tower, so you can cut houses out of your city and make room for other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.