• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #8 2017-06-26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Hey all! This week's 'What time is it?' competition is now open! We have another rollover this week, so last week's prize of

Any Premium Culture building from your age or below

is still up for grabs :)

In addition, we have a very special prize on offer this week...

your very own copy of the InnoGames Cook Book!
Please note that should you win, in order to deliver this prize to you, you will need to supply us (via ticket) with a physical address to which we can send it.

All competition rules remain the same. Good luck everyone, competition will close at 10pm on Sunday July 2nd

DeletedUser110195

First, again!

Umm....I'm confuzzled.....a cook book? 0_o

DeletedUser110195

I may just have to bow out of this one because....I don't see a use for a cookbook, I don't make anything special for meals....all I want is for my stomach to shut up.

DeletedUser110195

does the book give recipes from all the different ages in the game....such a strange prize
It certainly threw me for a loop, I don't have the slightest clue as to what it means.....is it a book of recipes from the history of civilization....or a collection of creations thought up by the staff of InnoGames?

DeletedUser110195

Well that's nifty....if I manage to win a lottery jackpot between now and sunday I'll leave my hat in the ring...as it is now I don't really have the freedom to experiment with my food. I'm sure someone else can already make use of it, it would just collect dust somewhere in this place.

joesoap

Major-General
and how exactly is a cookbook from InnoGames Community Managers supposed to be useful in the game, giving a mix of good & bad prizes in events etc for balance is 1 thing but to give us a dud book for taking part in a comp is a complete farce, i guess Inno are disappointed by the lack of people taking part & this is their way of killing it & bowing out gracefully without actually saying the idea was a fail

DeletedUser110195

and how exactly is a cookbook from InnoGames Community Managers supposed to be useful in the game, giving a mix of good & bad prizes in events etc for balance is 1 thing but to give us a dud book for taking part in a comp is a complete farce, i guess Inno are disappointed by the lack of people taking part & this is their way of killing it & bowing out gracefully without actually saying the idea was a fail
Well that was uncalled for...besides it's not just this they've added that to. I personally don't have a use for ANY cookbook, but if I could afford to experiment with my meals I wouldn't mind having this.

joesoap

Major-General
the other comp offers a main prize of 1000 diamonds, they obviously did such a crap job getting rid of the cookbooks that they are trying to palm them off ingame, i use cookbooks but not while playing FoE

DeletedUser110195

I was utterly unaware of this item before this weeks competition threads, so I have no clue how they would have been trying to get rid of these....or why they would have created cookbooks for any reason other than just some staff-player coming together. Thinking of possible other reasons I can only come up with selling them...to who? Who would be interested in this outside players of their games? Why would a gaming company create cookbooks to make money? I just don't get the negativity. =|

DeletedUser110179

Maybe it's bound in leather ... embossed with gold lettering ... a real page turner.

Quite frankly, this is more interesting than the 5-story Pergoda (vertical puzzle) set giving 5 fps/8hrs.
It would appear that it's a vertical cherry garden with outputs every 8 hours.

I'ld rather get the book. ♩▼♩

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109510

Perhaps it has lots of recipes that incude cherries - has to be some use for all the fruit from the Cherry Garden

DeletedUser110179

Can I play this game ????
Not sure if moderators are allowed to win prizes ... but it's great to have you here.
Just having you here is sure to generate a little interest further down the line.

A must see for people who love water and really big engineering projects (a modern day Great Building construction).

♩▼♩

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108047

Well there are several Game of Thrones Cookbooks, a Warcraft cookbook, several Harry Potter cookbooks... There is also a Nobel cookbook so why not an Inno cookbook?

I wrote a cookbook once. It was a very simple, self-published, cheaply-printed, small thing that sold about 20 copies! I still use about three of the recipes from it because although its focus was on cooking with a minimal budget, I prefer some low-cost foods to some fancy, expensive and time-consuming recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.