• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #70 2018-09-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Legend
As a player I'd love that, but realistically? That'd make things way too easy. While you could unlock every medal expansion in bronze age (technically) there is a new expansion released each time there's a new age. So putting a set amount that high would make it too easy. A bronze age player isn't going to have the medal foundation that a arctic player already has

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Expansions
To give 50k medals would be potentially a free 19 expansions in one hit to a bronze/iron age player. Whereas if it correlates to age you're more likely to be giving at most 1 expansion as the reward or something towards getting closer to that next expansion

DeletedUser114055

As a player I'd love that, but realistically? That'd make things way too easy. While you could unlock every medal expansion in bronze age (technically) there is a new expansion released each time there's a new age. So putting a set amount that high would make it too easy. A bronze age player isn't going to have the medal foundation that a arctic player already has

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Expansions
To give 50k medals would be potentially a free 19 expansions in one hit to a bronze/iron age player. Whereas if it correlates to age you're more likely to be giving at most 1 expansion as the reward or something towards getting closer to that next expansion
i´m iron age, still my next expansion is around 12k average; :P

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah and we still gave 9BPs of an Arc to a guy in R world where no one is in TF yet, lol... [touche]
:lol: [touche] :lol:

Yeah that is a pretty impressive prize. But it's also easier to tell what the gained benefit will be for the player. Medals have a high swing variance as to what that benefit will be depending on what they've spent so far

(also if they wanted to use that they'd still have to gain the goods necessary. Which is either diamonds, getting from another player through FP trades or reaching the future and gathering goods)

DeletedUser115071

:lol: [touche] :lol:

Yeah that is a pretty impressive prize. But it's also easier to tell what the gained benefit will be for the player. Medals have a high swing variance as to what that benefit will be depending on what they've spent so far
Yeah prertty impressive to be in TE I think he was... and have an Arc in a world where no Arc is present and get all the FPs in the world, just because he is the first one to have it, lol.

Ati2

Legend
Yeah prertty impressive to be in TE I think he was... and have an Arc in a world where no Arc is present and get all the FPs in the world, just because he is the first one to have it, lol.
It's good for Inno, though. People will give all the diamonds in the world for goods for the first few Arcs.

Emberguard

Legend
yeah short of putting a restriction like "BPs upto the highest age reached in that world" or "BPs upto your age" that's going to be a thing. (and it was somewhere between Iron Age and high middle ages that MrBombo who won it would have been in, highest player in the world might have been TE though)

Then again it's not any different from when any new GB is introduced to the game. First of any GB always have a flood of donators looking for BPs. You're right it did have a large impact on that world, but one that at that time would be impossible without spending a lot of diamonds. The alternative would have been to wait until someone reaches future age and buy the goods from them instead of buying through diamonds (or wait until reached Future era)

Last edited:

DeletedUser114055

Well, he still had to buy/use a lot of diamonds for the goods; and now he is not at all the highest level arc in that world

DeletedUser112892

Meh, this week's rewards aren't that worth non-stop posting :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.