• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #6 2017-06-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser103370

:)
Back to the point, I'm going with Hawking, I do hope we live in virtual reality :P

DeletedUser110195

To fully disprove even the possibility, we'd have to know everything, and KNOW we know everything. That's why science doesn't purport to claim that a god does not exist.

As always, the onus is on the one making the claim, as you cannot disprove a negative. Show an empty countertop....There is a beautiful red vase there....prove there isn't one!

DeletedUser103370

Ofc, the concept in itself is shaky, especially if you take all those religions, then ask the question, which one is true? :)
I mean all of them can't be true, according to one or another, and people who believe in them are all sure for a hundred percent, that theirs is the one true belief. So if we take only the 8 major religions, that means at least 7 of them is wrong.
More shockingly, that eventually means that between 400.000.000 - 4.300.000.000 people are wrong, depending which religion should come out as the true one :)

Religions satisfy the simple needs of humans to belong, and ease their fear of death, with the promise of purpose. These are the bases of 99% of all religions ever existed. Therefore it's nothing wrong with them, the problem starts when the leaders of these religions starts to exploit their followers, and sadly that's not something what's avoidable most of the times, it's enough if you look through history, but nowadays is just as good.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110179

To be a leader of the religious requires only one thing: A propensity for telling bald-faced lies with a straight face.
Lol ... I guess the entire movie industry is based on all the most delightful lies and illusions.
Science is certainly gaining in popularity ... much like electric superseded steam trains
(although steam has migrated into a much-loved luxury market). ▲

DeletedUser110195

You could be sleep-posting, like sleep-walking except for online gamers ;)

DeletedUser110195

Being inactive is usually what leads to being plundered....unless you disconnect your city, then it's just a barrel of laughs when you find people who've attacked you, only to find you have nothing to take.

"...disconnect your city..."
I've been wondering what folk do when they go on holiday. By 'disconnect' I presume you mean remove all road links to the Town Hall. (Then put one cheap troop as the only defence.)

DeletedUser110195

That's pretty easy for me, as I only have one tile of road touching my town hall, and as for defense I like to go the other extreme, I don't care if they manage to get points for beating my army, I just want to make them bleed getting those points, and they certainly will now....heh heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.