• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #5 2017-06-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108047

Your question for today...Should the game be tweaked so you need happiness to support the convict soldiers in your traz?

DeletedUser110179

Gotcha ... Dane thorson made a double post ... which is against the rules of the games. All his posts and my posts should become null and void ... so we can have a rollover until the prize is 3 cherry garden pizzas. ♫ ● ♫

DeletedUser108047

rules? Utter nonsense! and I blame Prinza - he shouldn't have fallen asleep!

(@Amy Steele - should I delete a post?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your question for today...Should the game be tweaked so you need happiness to support the convict soldiers in your traz?
Repeated in case the post gets deleted.

Convict soldiers? traz? It's all over my head.
Who cares about keeping convicts happy? They're not convicts to be kept happy, arguably quite the opposite (ouch, I'm treading a bit close to politics there).

And why is MY sleeping to be blamed on someone's double posting?

DeletedUser110179

Who cares about keeping convicts happy? They're not convicts to be kept happy, arguably quite the opposite (ouch, I'm treading a bit close to politics there).
Well, many inmates are innocent or have been incarcerated for fairly petty misdeeds ... hence the death penalty being abolished in most forward thinking democracies.

That said, the prisoners in Alcatraz may well have escaped (see Mythbusters escape from Alcatraz). Perhaps, more importantly, we need a few villains in society to keep it healthy (Wolves have been re-introduced into Yellowstone and sharks have been seen to be a vital part of the eco-system).

In FoE, the Atlantis Museum was specially introduced to keep players awake, healthy and hungry for success. ♫ ■ ♫

DeletedUser108047

putting aside my own misdemeanour above...

Thinking out loud... you have to have happiness balancing your population. Traz adds to population by 'recruiting'troops but these are not taken into account when calculating the happiness equation for the 120% boost

Some complain traz is too powerful. If you had to have happiness for all the troops you build it would provide a brake on the creation of huge armies and provide a balance?

DeletedUser108047

yes it does add happiness - the point I'm raising is that the traz also adds troops which on one view is extra population that is not taken into account. When you build a barracks it requires population so there is a happiness balance with ordinary troops...but not with a traz

DeletedUser110195

I suppose when you factor in rogue hideouts it's a net +, with just 1 PE light building and heavy building, and the 4 high rises to support them, you actually come away with 3 less tiles than if you just build 2 of each military building and the 7 high rises needed to support them.

Naturally its value increases the further up from PE you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.