• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #49 2018-04-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ati2

Legend
I'm just back from dinner :P Yum

Ah, that's good! :)

I wanted to say something, but I don't know if there is even such a thing in English... After eating, we say "may this be to your health" (referring to the food, and in a lot fewer words... :))). Is there such a thing in English that you say after eating?

Already did, LOL. :D I got a Sakura rock, an upgrade to it, and a SoK. I'm quite happy with them. :)

You're the first person I know that won an SoK through the chests! Well done!

Hey, that new zoom out is cool for finding incidents.

I'm actually surprised it doesn't zoom out more. This is just as much zoom as there already is on the app. Having said that, this is definitely the most important thing they've done yet I think. I might not click things by accident now since i can find an empty spot and drag around the city much easier. This is going to stay my default zoom for sure

Oh yeah hehe it's good to get that SoK somewhat easily. Most events get more than one but you have to work for them. This time it was just this one.

And now I just need to find a place for it... :D

If you don't find anything, remove a blacksmith and just take slightly longer to do quests :p

Ah, that's good! :)

I wanted to say something, but I don't know if there is even such a thing in English... After eating, we say "may this be to your health" (referring to the food, and in a lot fewer words... :))). Is there such a thing in English that you say after eating?

What do you say in your language? I want to start saying that to everyone instead ^___^

DeletedUser111589

I'm actually surprised it doesn't zoom out more. This is just as much zoom as there already is on the app. Having said that, this is definitely the most important thing they've done yet I think. I might not click things by accident now since i can find an empty spot and drag around the city much easier. This is going to stay my default zoom for sure

No way that zoom is just this much:
IMG_20180416_174618_762.jpg

That example from release thread was zoomed out much more than ⬆

DeletedUser111866

After eating, we say "may this be to your health" (referring to the food, and in a lot fewer words... :)
I feel something familiar. Are you any kind of Slavic perchance?
"Egészségedre!" :D
Ahh, Hungarian... still, nice to hear some other people uses this after someone ate well. :)
What do you say in your language? I want to start saying that to everyone instead ^_
Try this as well: "Na zdarov'e" :D

And yes, app didn't update yet (for me at least).

DeletedUser111866

The only major difficulty for me could be using the "ё" letter, everything else can be spelled (or misspelled, or omitted from saying) uniformly, while this one is often replaced with "е" while spelled as normal.

"Egészségedre!" :D

How do you pronounce that? I don't know Hungarian letters. I'm reading it.. egg-ge-zeg-eh-dre

Lol how do you manage your supplies request quests? Remove one of those lol

Try this as well: "Na zdarov'e" :D

Doesn't that mean, "cheers"?

Hmm...is the app going to be updated too? The zoom I'm talking about is on the browser though. It still isn't zoomed out as much as the example that was officially shared

Iwateguy

Major-General
Ah, I love Russian.

I partially recall an article in an educational journal that I read back in university. The authors set out to determine the most difficult language to learn / master. Out of the ones they considered, they decided Russian was the most difficult.

This was based on the age at which children, growing up in that language, were deemed to have mastered the language. Not too sure about the ages but English might have been 12, for example, and Russian was 13 or 14.

Ati2

Legend
This was based on the age at which children, growing up in that language, were deemed to have mastered the language. Not too sure about the ages but English might have been 12, for example, and Russian was 13 or 14.

I heard it was Chinese or Japenese, I'm not sure which. But Hungarian ranks among the top most difficult ones, too. Which is not surprising. When someone learns all the grammar rules, the rules get changed. :D

DeletedUser111866

But Hungarian ranks among the top most difficult ones, too. Which is not surprising. When someone learns all the grammar rules, the rules get changed. :D
For me main problem with learning Hungarian would be that it's not related to Roman-German language family, it's rather close (linguistically) to Finnish instead. But, changing rules? Are you serious?
I heard it was Chinese or Japenese, I'm not sure which.
I think that if mastering would count writing, this should be true, especially with both of these hhaving thousands of hieroglyphs. I've heard that a Japanese student should know 2500 of the most common glyphs by the age of 16, and this isn't close to having mastered a language for me.
This was based on the age at which children, growing up in that language, were deemed to have mastered the language.
Here the problem is what do they call "mastering". Some degree of mastery is already acquired at 5yo when children play with creating new words based on learned morphology rules and not yet developing any brakes regarding their inventions not being approved in general. Creatng funny jokes is also possible a lot earlier than 12 or 14 years, this is a criterion to mastering a foreign language as I've read in an article somewhere. It's possible that those criteria they used are harder to achieve for other reasons than language complexity to the level of making the research irrelevant.

Ati2

Legend
For me main problem with learning Hungarian would be that it's not related to Roman-German language family, it's rather close (linguistically) to Finnish instead. But, changing rules? Are you serious?

We have lots of prefixes and affixes, plus verb tenses etc. How you apply these prefixes and affixes change from time to time--even how you write certain words changes. And I'm not talking about them being different from how they were used and written in the 19th century. Some of what I learned not too long ago, are now incorrect ways to write.

And I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that 99% of Hungarians cannot write everything correctly. In fact, I would say that this is more than 99%. There are so many illogical rules, it's impossible to know them all. Hyphens, capital vs small letters, phonetic spelling of foreign words, commas, etc.

DeletedUser111589

2500 glyphs by age of 16? That's a lot. I had 30 letters to learn and had to remember "write as you speak, speak as you write". Simple and straightforward rule. I bet this language is among easiest to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.