• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #48 2018-04-02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Legend
well that depends on the size and activity of your guild as to whether the shrines of inspiration/awe have use.

However inspiration is probably the least useful if you're aiding daily. If you're not aiding daily then SoI is really useful for speeding up GB construction

LadyHecate

Major-General
Let me correct your statement:
Again, depends on your playing style! SoA have been relatively easy to come by and so I've used them in Diamond mines for medal production until replaced by either VTs or outdated by Age/Era-progression. I very rarely use Diamonds to unlock the Premium expansions on Diamond mine cities and thus need the Victory expansions. Again, only two mines have Arcs; and these only because those cities are in Top 10 guilds that want the Treasury goods and supplied all the TF goods to build the Arc in the first place. I rarely use FP exchange threads in the mine cities and thus Arc benefits are otherwise useless to me there.
Similarly, a couple of mine cities rely on SoI for BPs as I rarely have time to Aid anyone regularly and don't use Arcs in them.

DeletedUser111866

Let me correct your statement:
Well, The Arc was the thing that made it possible to gather medals while still having profit in FPs, this removed the advantage of having SoAs as medals source. I think prior to Arc they were playing a noticeable role in expanding people's cities.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Well, The Arc was the thing that made it possible to gather medals while still having profit in FPs, this removed the advantage of having SoAs as medals source. I think prior to Arc they were playing a noticeable role in expanding people's cities.
At least until GE was released! With GE the availability of VTs became relatively commonplace and thus provided a regular source of medals that neither required motivating nor renovating when moving up an Era.

LadyHecate

Major-General
You guys need to take the fun out of every silly statement, don't you?
We just want to make our audience, especially newer players, well-informed and not have to make the mistakes we made! I still remember building ND in my main city as a new player before going through these Forums and realising it was time to tear it down!

DeletedUser111866

With GE the availability of VTs became relatively commonplace and thus provided a regular source of medals that neither required motivating nor renovating when moving up an Era.
However with the new rehaul of mo/po priority SoAs gain a solid position in the queue to get motivated, so motivation issue is rendered moot, provided you don't have too many SoKs already that you hit it again, but then you don't care for SoAs anymore so... hum. And VTs, while providing a lil more medals than SoA in a week, are also relatively scarce and you can anyway use both until you've got enough of either to start selecting.
We just want to make our audience, especially newer players, well-informed and not have to make the mistakes we made!
Even if we didn't make mistakes, better forewarn people than watch them struggle and drop out of the game because of the lack of data on game intrinsics.

LadyHecate

Major-General
However with the new rehaul of mo/po priority SoAs gain a solid position in the queue to get motivated, so motivation issue is rendered moot,
Agreed! But my point was that the Aid taken by the SoA could instead be received by a more productive building.
Even if we didn't make mistakes, better forewarn people than watch them struggle and drop out of the game because of the lack of data on game intrinsics.
My sentiment exactly! It's bad enough watching more seasoned players dropping out the game as well as those more recent.

DeletedUser111866

my point was that the Aid taken by the SoA could instead be received by a more productive building.
I tend to get over-aided even in P, where I have a lot of cottages and quite some cultural buildings, so for me redirecting an aid to a SoA isn't a serious loss.

LadyHecate

Major-General
I tend to get over-aided even in P, where I have a lot of cottages and quite some cultural buildings, so for me redirecting an aid to a SoA isn't a serious loss.
I'm only over-Aided on my main city despite the number of SoK/SSW but then I've removed all Cultural/Decoration buildings. Plundering most of a new 'hood on a Monday also helps in that they're inclined to Aid me the rest of the week to avoid a repeat visit!

DeletedUser111866

R is far less populated and a slower world
Good thing I'm not in there, or else I'd stagnate having no one to catch up in close vicinity. I think they did wrong by opening two worlds in rapid succession.

On a side note, just got plundered in P. Some odd feeling, however, the plunderer is #1 in my hood with me at #3, has a lv6 CoA and lv6 Zeus, as well as 2 rogue hideouts, while I only have a lv2 Zeus because I'm not a fighter in nature. Well, slammed down some defensive structures for good measure, maybe they'd lose more next time (they lost a rogue and gained 110 coins, ha ha).

LadyHecate

Major-General
On a side note, just got plundered in P. Some odd feeling, however, the plunderer is #1 in my hood with me at #3, has a lv6 CoA and lv6 Zeus, as well as 2 rogue hideouts, while I only have a lv2 Zeus because I'm not a fighter in nature. Well, slammed down some defensive structures for good measure, maybe they'd lose more next time (they lost a rogue and gained 110 coins, ha ha).
Many will purely be after the Ranking points to stay #1 in the fortnightly 'hood whilst gaining the PvP Tower medals for Victory Expansions. Without any senior players it'll take longer to build Arcs to help with those medals.

DeletedUser

That reminds me of that time when this guy plundered one of my housed and lost three knights and five forge points in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.