• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #41 2018-02-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Looks like I missed an interesting conversation about Great Buildings.

DeletedUser110179

Arc Logo3 150px.png

LadyHecate

Major-General
Do Obs really come that often in events?
Historically, you used to only be able to get Obs BPs in the Easter/Spring events but more recently they have spread to other seasonal and special events, e.g. the BP Chest in the recent ForgeBowl event.
Many GvG guilds also push Obs through weekly donations from all guild members quickly raising them and generating lots of BPs for others. Mine's at level 23 at the moment and climbing!

Last edited:

LadyHecate

Major-General
I might build an Observatory some time soon. It's so pretty.
It's worth it for the small footprint! Also, as previously stated, it tends to be the standard entry requirement for most of the top-end guilds; and once in they tend to level it for you. I'm in a top 3 guild on L and we'll consider any guild applications as long as the player has an Obs and is at least LMA.

AussieAlex

Overlord
The last couple of weeks DCs have been doable without wrecking the general plan for my FoE day ... a stretch but not absurd. I only ignored one. Are others finding the same, or is this a cycle and the crazy ones will come around again?

LadyHecate

Major-General
or is this a cycle and the crazy ones will come around again?
Define "crazy"!
I always ignored the gain Happiness/Population DCs but thankfully they've been removed!
Being a fighter the ones I now hate are the Negotiate sectors/GE encounters as I'd rather fight my way through them; especially on the campaign map as my city's CE but I'm just starting the OF Pt3 map so goods are expensive to negotiate. Occasionally, I'm still getting the complete an obscene amount of 5m/15m/4hr/8hr productions which I'll ignore if on a diamond mine city.
I also think it's linked to the random number of tasks you receive in the DC; the more you have to complete the easier each of them are. Hence, if you have Complete X 5min productions then X is likely to be significantly higher if you've only got two tasks within the DC to complete if compared to 5 tasks.

Last edited:

LadyHecate

Major-General
BTW, why this requirement? My guild's main desires LMA as well.
Generally it's Colonial and above for us but we've accepted LMA players before. By that stage you can normally tell if a player is committed to playing the game and has had plenty of opportunity to develop his city. If it looks as though they've just raced through the Ages then we'll just reply to their application with some game advice and suggest they try our sister guild (still top 10) which is less demanding and better equipped to develop more junior players new to the game.

DeletedUser111866

Uh huh, just development check. Why not earlier then? I wonder where do players that park in Iron/EMA reside.

Status
Not open for further replies.