• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #37 2018-01-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieAlex

Overlord
While having a quick look for incidents on the city streets I’m drawn in by the little details of activity in various buildings. Thanks to the designers and programmers who put work into these details, and make them attractive.

DeletedUser110179

Unfortunately, I usually run the animations switched off ... it's an older dual-core PC.

DeletedUser111866

Grats @Pink.Buffoon :)
Unfortunately, I usually run the animations switched off ... it's an older dual-core PC.
This shouldn't be a problem, Flash is a single threaded app anyway. However with all the recent exploits found in Flash and browser, they deliberately made it slower. Imma thinking about creating me a VM with WinXP SP3 latest update, Firefox of very old generation (down to 3.6.28 if need be), Flash 11.7 or anyway lower than 16, and check if old Kongregate games would work normally. If yes, screw security on the VM, just sandbox it by network means and let it brew.

AussieAlex

Overlord
@ih8regin ... I actually understand all you said, but I’m so glad you and others know how to do all that and enjoy it. Me? My tools just better work well or I am very frustrated.

DeletedUser110179

Imma thinking about creating me a VM with WinXP SP3 latest update, Firefox of very old generation (down to 3.6.28 if need be), Flash 11.7 or anyway lower than 16, and check if old Kongregate games would work normally. If yes, screw security on the VM, just sandbox it by network means and let it brew.
Let us know the outcome ... I'ld be keen to run an older version if it could speed things up.

System score.jpg

AussieAlex

Overlord
Time for a cuppa, anyone? I’m currently drinking fresh mint tea. Too late in the day for black tea.

I just had the joy of deleting, adding, and rearranging some buildings in my city. That’s always fun.

DeletedUser111866

I'ld be keen to run an older version if it could speed things up.
Well, this depends on the number of security layers actually implemented in an older version, as well as number of (un)used features of the software involved. I do recall 2012 Flash games be a LOT more reactive on keyboard controls, especially if using more than a single keystroke per second, same for clicks, and I expect really that extra paranoid security introduced in later versions of Flash and/or browser are responsible for this. I need several hours to establish such environment tho, but these days my laptop is fully occupied by my wife :blush::blush::blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.