• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #36 2018-01-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111866

I hope next week's prize is a full set of goods to build any Great Building.
Ha ha, if so it'll be SOOO overpowered to get... imagine a fresh into IA kid acquiring full set of goods for Arc for free... at least 500FP boost at once, saving a tremendous amount of time to arrange those trades AND local age goods (which are expensive for that person to get!). So I think they'd count this boost as unfair and not do that. :)
Hahaha and we'll get the bonus of one premium production building.
A bunch of premium roads, more likely :D

DeletedUser110179

how much diamonds will a level 7 pillar cost ?
Someone calulated a L7 PoH at US$45 if buying diamonds.
If you always choose the 80, 60, 65 and 135 cooler (in that order) ...

you'll get 6 DS + 1 TD Upgrade (or 5 DS + 2 TD Upgrades) ... making 1 Pillar.
1 DS should cost 600 FB ... making 6 cost 3600 FB (optimistically).

1 Pillar could cost 6,000 Diamonds or 8,000 (going badly) ... given that 1200 FB cost 1,995 Diamonds.
That's pretty much $40 - $45 USD for one Pillar ... if you bought the 11,000 diamond package (with FB on Top) ... and got 2 extra Pillars.

forgebowl18_pillarupgrade.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110179

If you received an offer like this ... you could probably buy 1 Pillar for $30 USD ... 7 in total.
That must give a little push closer to the Top 10 rankings ... Mmmm ... smile and wave ... smile and wave.

Diamond Bonus offer.jpg

LadyHecate

Major-General
And for those that want to purely buy multiple PoHs, I'm sure that there'll be a Diamonds offer during the event offering free footballs that will reduce the overall cost of doing so!

DeletedUser110179

I spent 2,000 diamonds on beta for 1 fully upgraded pillar but I was considered lucky
There are a lot of horror stories out there ... and many unhappy souls ... so it's nice to meet a ray of sunshine.
At 2,000 diamonds per Pillar ... it's only 12,000 diamonds for the magical Seven @ One Blow.

For that, I can buy the latest uograde to Civ IV and have much more fun.
More fun ... less Status.

With multiple pillars of greatness ... everyone can hail you "King of Disney World" ... how kewl is that.
Nobody will be there to applaud when you play (and win) Civ IV in single-player mode.

You travel a lonely road ... on the single-player route.

LadyHecate

Major-General
I can't believe there's this much traffic on a "Closed" thread!
Perhaps we need to start this week's thread ourselves and the Mods can join in later with what this week's roll over prize is?!!!

LadyHecate

Major-General
for strategy 4 (some way down) he calculates a ~4% chance to fail to get a lvl 7 pillar for free.
I just know that I'll be in that 4%! :mad:
Although I tend to find that I get lucky on these events; but then, to misquote a better person than I, those that play smarter tend to be luckier than others.

DeletedUser

I love it. There's a player in my neighbourhood whose defence consists of two Rogues.

DeletedUser110179

Prinza the Hunter said:
Was the Winner's Plaza put to 4% for all ages?

Winners Plaza (Nerfed).jpg

According to the Changelog on Beta, people got too many of them.
Perhaps they should reduce the chances of getting one from 10% ... downto 5% (rather than reducing their value).

Status
Not open for further replies.