• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #33 2017-12-18 (ish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser97688

How confident are you about 16 Across?

Seems to be the one that peeps are stuck on doesnt it - took me a few days longer than the others lol

Pretty sure its right, but wouldnt surprise if it was something completely different either - middling-ish confident on it

DeletedUser

My daily challenge in the two worlds that I play is solving GE L1. That's annoying.

DeletedUser111589

You are stupefied by that word. I'm having more problems with 13 letter candy shop and some jolly rec man

Iwateguy

Major-General
You are stupefied by that word. I'm having more problems with 13 letter candy shop and some jolly rec man

In order to fit, the candy shop has to use what I would say is an obsolete spelling.

For the jolly red man, I did a search for 6-letter words ending with the only letter I was certain of. There weren't very many words and there only seemed one that wasn't totally absurd.

I'm sure my answer for 3 Down is correct but I'd say (as someone else mentioned) that an extra letter is needed.

At any rate, I've made my best guesses and submitted my entry. Best of luck to the rest of you with yours.

DeletedUser110179

Shrine of Knowledge tomorrow.

Shrine_of_Knowledge.png

DeletedUser111866

Hey, I've started doing this crossword thing, and I suck at it.
Me too, but I can say they could make it more compact (thus a lil easier). When the only letter that's common on a word is last and is an S, this is bad design. And I failed at 3 down, then called it crap, although got some less obvious words along the discussion here.

DeletedUser111589

Finally indeed.

Okay, the stuff we burn for wishes is different than what I thought it is. Still can't figure out jolly red man thing and I have an extra which I can't figure out - universal saying.

DeletedUser

Me too, but I can say they could make it more compact (thus a lil easier). When the only letter that's common on a word is last and is an S, this is bad design. And I failed at 3 down, then called it crap, although got some less obvious words along the discussion here.
What you say makes sense. I've never been much good at crosswords, so I wouldn't know what to say, but other answers do seem to be a bit unhelpful.

Okay, the stuff we burn for wishes is different than what I thought it is. Still can't figure out jolly red man thing and I have an extra which I can't figure out - universal saying.
I'm having trouble with the same ones.

Emberguard

Legend
Finally indeed.

Burning for wishes yeah..... Google shows puddings burning xD No way that fits though so my current answer is a "meh, letters fit but doubt it's it"

With the jolly red man it was like "well no way it can be shopping centre, not enough letters" and then trying to figure out what you could possible call the setup you see him in.

DeletedUser111589

You won't go see Santa at the shopping center or even some caffe bar. The only thing left is going into woods searching for him... And wrestle bears in case you stumble across a cave.

But it doesn't fit, the woods nor forest. Cave is too short.

DeletedUser111589

On Jaims, got 10 SoKs with ~850 stars. Twice double payout hit SoK, twice got it from first try.

Cirgard, ~450 stars, two of three SoKs. Hit shuffle more times than I want to count.

Arvahall, ~450 stars, 4 SoKs I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.