• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #29 2017-11-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111589

Screenshot_20171125-002914-min.png

That's my town. HH is between hagia and ToR. Shrines and rosarium are open to wilderness. Terrace farm and one cider mill are one next to another. Last cider mill is at signpost fork road under tribal square.

No point in counting the roads there.

DeletedUser110407

on a different tack - anyone got ideas what to do with the ever increasing number of gates and faces that are littering my inventory. Maybe I could use one of my many ritual flames to take care of them...

I use mine for quests that require more happiness, or as decorations for quests in events.

DeletedUser110179

That's my town.
Nice job on the signposts ... to soak up the stars since you have no houses.
I love putting out all the houses I can, so nobody need feel that their Aid is wasted.

MoreTopia-25Nov.jpg

DeletedUser111589

Nice job on the signposts ... to soak up the stars since you have no houses.
I love putting out all the houses I can, so nobody need feel that their Aid is wasted.

Even with those 16 signposts players waste their aids occasionally.

Wow, so many palaces. Do all of them have maxed bonuses?

Iwateguy

Major-General
After looking here and on the US forum, I figured out what all the Black Friday specials were. On Facebook it said there's 16.

15. 5 blueprints - 245 diamonds

Glad to see that I didn't miss anything I might have wanted and been able to buy. I had a 300 diamond budget as that's all the game has given me to this point. I thought about the blueprints but I figured I'd probably get ones that wouldn't help me much.

In fact, with only 300 diamonds (and no near-term plans to buy any), is there anything I should try to spend them on?

DeletedUser110179

Wow, so many palaces. Do all of them have maxed bonuses?
Sure ... but you reach your peak efficiency with a 4-Palace-combo (and I'm missing a couple of pieces for the second 4P-combo).

DeletedUser111866

with only 300 diamonds (and no near-term plans to buy any), is there anything I should try to spend them on?
First expansion costs 200, second also 200. Get one, wait until you'll get 100 more (GE most likely) and get another, then save for last BPs to plop a good great building.

DeletedUser111866

A potential reason is that he's marketophobiac :)

...so, how many diamonds did you spend during this Black Friday sale? :D

DeletedUser110179

How is it that someone gets to Colonial Age without realising that eight Rogues is not a good defence?
The same reason that an OF player refuses to build an Arc.
Once you accept that attackers can't be beaten ... you can focus on real development wholeheartedly (and sleep easy at night).

...so, how many diamonds did you spend during this Black Friday sale? :D
None here ... although the store buildings would have been nice.
I bought 16k diamonds on EN4 (different account) ... but I didn't buy anything there either.

MoreTopia-EN4 25Nov.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Iwateguy

Major-General
How come people get to progressive and have no defense at all (just 2 spear)

This brings up a question that I'm a bit curious about. I'm noticing differences between the game on my PC and on Android. For example, I have something called Treasure Hunt in my PC city but not Android. Just today, I unlocked Daily Challenge (PC) but don't know yet if it is also on Android.

Concerning defensive armies, in my PC city, the Army Management screen has a very visible button that tells me when I'll be able to create a defensive army. With Android, there's no such button. Someone explained to me in another thread how to create a defensive army in Android but I'm wondering - is there something (a quest or whatever) that tells Android players how to do this?

A friend who played the game to Late Middle Ages ultimately quit and told me a big part of the reason was that nothing in game told him how to improve his defenses. So, all he ever had were 2 guys with spears.

DeletedUser111589

@Iwateguy no, there isn't any quest showing how to improve defenses. I learned to set it up by constantly having my attackers being set as defenders thinking it improved stats when I'm attacking... Boy, was I wrong.

Later while checking defensive replays I connected dots, took me roughly 2 weeks in pretty peaceful neighborhood without asking.

@Iwateguy no, there isn't any quest showing how to improve defenses. I learned to set it up by constantly having my attackers being set as defenders thinking it improved stats when I'm attacking... Boy, was I wrong.

Later while checking defensive replays I connected dots, took me roughly 2 weeks in pretty peaceful neighborhood without asking.
Yes, I joined with many others suggesting to Inno that there should be a tutorial, going back years. EVERY new player has the same issue. Even worse, the current tutorial tells the player to BUILD the troops for defence - it just never lets on that they won't defend but implies that they will!

Status
Not open for further replies.