• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #29 2017-11-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks!

Here is the entry thread for this week's competition. As last week was a rollover, this week you can win:

A Premium Culture building of your age or below
An amount of Medals dependant on the age of the account

As usual, all you need to do is post a reply in this thread. Posts within 2 minutes either side of the randomly chosen time will win the prizes listed above. To check how many medals you can win, click on the spoiler below

Bronze Age20
Iron Age50
Early Middle Age100
High Middle Age200
Late Middle Age350
Colonial Age600
Industrial Age1000
Progressive Era1500
Modern Era2200
Post Modern Era3000
Contemporary Era4000
Tomorrow5500
The Future7200
Arctic Future9000
Oceanic Future10840
[th]Age[/th][th]Medals[/th]

Usual rules apply. This competition will close at 11:00 pm on Sunday 26th November. Good luck everyone!

Double335

Private
upload_2017-11-20_17-27-49.png

vikingraider

Emperor
Anyone else having trouble with the app version? Saying I need to update when I have the latest version installed? Please don’t say uninstall...

No problems like that with the app for me (iOS, iPad).

Daily challenges drop wishing well, not FoY, at 7% weekly, or if a special chest "Collector's Chest" is selected from the two random ones daily at 5%.
I sit corrected. On beta I have both a WW and a FoY and thought they had both come from DCs.

DeletedUser720

i don't use the app much, but no issues for me either. maybe open a ticket if the problem persists?

You might be wondering why some of us are upset (and if posts on the wider Internet are to be believed, why some players are packing in playing entirely) over Inno's policy of playing favourites in giving a few players Daily Challenges.

These are like an extra ongoing event with a new quest every day, that must be completed within 24 hours.

From a post of mine on the beta forum:
Prinza the Hunter said:
I have completed around 80-90% of Daily Challenges on beta. My winnings include:
  • Oasis
  • Fishing Hut
  • Elephant Fountain and two components
  • Three components of Maharaja's Palace (not the Palace itself, yet)
  • Sakura Rock
  • 4 Rogue Hideouts
  • 2 Maypole Upgrades
  • a number of Store Building Kits, One-up Kits and Renno Kits
  • a number of standard and premium residential, production and culture buildings
To imagine that this does not constitute a huge advantage for a player with DCs over a player without is daft. Since I have only been on beta since after Summer, the Sakura Rock is still in my inventory, waiting for other components. I don't have a Maharaja's Palace on beta but my live towns would love those extra components and they are good even as they are. FOUR Rogue Hideouts! I still don't have a single one on my live worlds.

Players with DCs can choose not to bother with them and I am aware of the people who say they won't do them - that's their choice and, like not doing GE, they are missing out. Players without DCs can not choose to do them but are consigned to secondary status against Inno's pet players on live servers.

Inno and Forge of Empires are getting bad names on gaming forums by playing the game of favouritism - without so much as a statement as to why they are doing it or a timetable of when/if everyone else will be given the chance to compete equally. On EN servers, the only announcement has been that there is no release date, which was stated in the week that they started releasing it to a select few.

One person (on Reddit, I think, he gave his player name) says he's been playing - and paying - on U.S. servers for three years but when he found he was one of those not given DCs on the new world they opened, yet playing alongside others who were given the feature, he closed down his account immediately.

DeletedUser110179

One person (on Reddit, I think, he gave his player name) says he's been playing - and paying - on U.S. servers for three years but when he found he was one of those not given DCs on the new world they opened, yet playing alongside others who were given the feature, he closed down his account immediately.
Perhaps a case of ... cutting off nose to spite face .

Many veterans are in the same position ... but some are intimidated by the infusion of new blood
(it's a bit like an only child getting a brother or sister ... and the attention shifting to them temporarily).

Players have been enjoying FoE for 5 years ... changing the landscape might actually make it better.

I have completed around 80-90% of Daily Challenges on beta. My winnings include:
  • Oasis
  • Fishing Hut
  • Elephant Fountain and two components
  • Sakura Rock
  • 4 Rogue Hideouts
  • 2 Maypole Upgrades
  • a number of Store Building Kits, One-up Kits and Renno Kits
  • a number of standard and premium residential, production and culture buildings
To imagine that this does not constitute a huge advantage for a player with DCs over a player without is daft.
To say that one player has an advantage over another is to accept that the game can be won.
We all bring something to the table ... and receive in equal measure.

Quite frankly, I don't think I'll be doing Daily Challenges when they're officially released. I just don't want to clutter my city with RAH, Chateau and all the stuff needed to complete quests. Tackling quests is like filling your city with WWs to get diamonds ... or every defensive structure to avoid being plundered.

I'm looking for a bare-bones city that won't hamper my dash to the top of the rankings.
Makes me think of Reinhold Messner: the first to solo ascent of Mount Everest without supplemental oxygen.

• Sakura Rock
Hmmm ... very nice indeed ... certainly lusting after that ♫

Nor am I.
Grant yourself lucky ... look what happened to Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

I will not win this week
I don't need the premium cultural building
and I already have enough medals for the next 50 expansions

DeletedUser111866

These are like an extra ongoing event with a new quest every day, that must be completed within 24 hours.

From a post of mine on the beta forum
Just landed a 100FP from researcher chest. Yep, this advantage accumulates quickly. So I understand those that whine, however it's real nice to finally be on the side that gets benefits :)
To say that one player has an advantage over another is to accept that the game can be won.
Well, it's true, relatively speaking. You progress faster than your neighbor, you win against him. Then you face stronger players, etc.

DeletedUser96901

lol
new week, new neighborhood
so monday aiding all, tuesday start attacking and plundering those who don't aid back

and the jerk on place 1 in the hood
writing in his profile he attacks and plunders everybody
but hiding behind a city shield

DeletedUser96901

it doesn't matter what someone wants to say

it is the thing other understand:
and I understand: "I am a slimy little loser who can't handle the reaction"

I have 2 million tavern silver and would never hide behind the city shield
because I am a real player and can stand to my actions
and if someone plunders me: congrats. well done

DeletedUser111866

and I understand: "I am a slimy little loser who can't handle the reaction"
Hehe. Given this game gives more for attacking than for defending, playing perma-shield has its values. So it's rather "I lose less if I set up city shield than if I set up army and defensive GBs" type of decision, and if you say he's a loser, you can have your HO all the way, just don't force it on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.