• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #24 2017-10-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111351

That is similar to what my Arvahall city has, though I am short of the piece(s) I need and one palace doesn't produce FPs.
What pieces do you have to work with?

Then why did they cave to the whiners on this? Just do your 12 GE encounters next week.
Theoretically one could make it to said quest after completing their second week's GE. One shouldn't be assigned a task that is impossible from the moment it is given. I can appreciate escape clauses like this one even if I won't be making use of them.

DeletedUser110195

Theoretically one could make it to said quest after completing their second week's GE. One shouldn't be assigned a task that is impossible from the moment it is given. I can appreciate escape clauses like this one even if I won't be making use of them.
It isn't impossible, 12 GE encounters is an option if you find the primary quest requirement too hard. If you lack the foresight to not blast through every GE encounter you would get next week, then you deserve to not finish if you can't do it the way it was meant to be done.

DeletedUser111351

It isn't impossible, 12 GE encounters is an option if you find the primary quest requirement too hard. If you lack the foresight to not blast through every GE encounter you would get next week, then you deserve to not finish if you can't do it the way it was meant to be done.
Yes, they tend to be decent about providing an alternate choice to insure that no task is given and already impossible. That's all I'm saying they should be doing.

As for how it's meant to be done, one isn't supposed to know the quests ahead of time. If we were supposed to play with that foreknowledge the quests would be published by Inno directly and advertised. And the events aren't meant to force players to stop playing certain aspects of the game for days. Players are meant to play their normal play plus the additional challenge of meeting the various quests goals before time expires. Just because many players do temporarily neglect certain aspects so that some quests are that much easier to accomplish when they appear doesn't mean that should be the way required to beat it.

DeletedUser110179

Checkmate_Square.png

DeletedUser110195

Not from where I'm sitting, they should've set the board so one king or the other actually WAS in checkmate. Though I suppose looking at how the board is set up...if black makes one more wrong move it IS checkmate.

DeletedUser111589

Yeah. Dropping queen to eat the pawn in front of bishop is a checkmate.

DeletedUser110195

I always attempt that specific checkmate on everyone I play the first time, to gauge just how new they are to the game.

DeletedUser111589

Neither did I. The person I used to play it with changed job so we can't play anymore during breaks.

DeletedUser111351

Maharaja's Palace 4
West Tower 2
East Tower 2
Playground 3
Pond 2
Orange and purple are the towers. The squares with X's are extras as far as the palaces are concerned, but needed if you want full reward from the purple towers.
PrinzaPalace4.jpg

DeletedUser111351

@Prinza the Hunter or if you like a bit more symmetry and square-block building, this one works with or without the 3rd playground in the dead center 4.
PrinzaPalace4b.jpg
although you'd need to offset out of the square if you wanted the center playground to get full happiness.

DeletedUser110195

He could just drop a wooden spoon of the ancients or a gate of the wooden spoon god in the center to make up for the loss of the 2-set happiness bonus.

@Prinza the Hunter or if you like a bit more symmetry and square-block building, this one works with or without the 3rd playground in the dead center 4.
View attachment 13557
although you'd need to offset out of the square if you wanted the center playground to get full happiness.
Wow. Thank you. I like those. My city is so tight on space (with few roads) that it will take some effort to massage my buildings into place but for 5 FP a day, it's worth it.

Edit:
I realised the square you proposed is the same format as I have, so I just switched it around on my town plan (on a spreadsheet) and most of the connections required are there, so it shouldn't be too tricky as soon as I put an extension on the city to give me swap-around space. The 3rd Playground didn't have a spot, so I dropped that in the middle (it only has one connection but happiness is not really a problem .. I might replace it with a SoK later.

---

On a completely different note, since when did the Rosarium and Luau have 24-hour options? Augustavian, you must have noticed this?

Last edited:

DeletedUser111351

Wow. Thank you. I like those. My city is so tight on space (with few roads) that it will take some effort to massage my buildings into place but for 5 FP a day, it's worth it.

Edit:
I realised the square you proposed is the same format as I have, so I just switched it around on my town plan (on a spreadsheet) and most of the connections required are there, so it shouldn't be too tricky as soon as I put an extension on the city to give me swap-around space. The 3rd Playground didn't have a spot, so I dropped that in the middle (it only has one connection but happiness is not really a problem .. I might replace it with a SoK later.

---

On a completely different note, since when did the Rosarium and Luau have 24-hour options? Augustavian, you must have noticed this?
I did specifically mention that the 3rd playground wasn't used but could go in the dead space in the middle without full happiness ;)

You could shift any column of buildings up or down 1 square and that middle space would gain a 2nd link. Or shift any row 1 square right or left. It would cause a bend in the road surrounding the set as it would no longer be a square. So it isn't at all as clean, but if you needed that extra happiness it's possible.

Glad it helped.

DeletedUser110195

Of course I have, not that I enjoy producing goods out of them instead of FP, but I'd rather have 10 goods than let a plunderer take 1 red cent out of my city, let alone FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.