• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #12 2017-07-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Is anyone else having their fp counter reset at a whim?

this is a confirmed bug on app version (iOS and Android). It's been fixed our end, and is being pushed to the stores, however it's up to the stores when they release, so please keep checking for updates. Browser version is unaffected, so if possible for you, you could play on browser until the update is released, though hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later.

Thanks, Amy. At least I now have some idea of what the browser version is like (only 'some' idea because Puffin handle matters by pushing things through an intermediary server, so performance is poor and graphics are hazy compared to the 'real' thing [except the Map, for some reason: that came through crystal clear]).

Using the Puffin browser is not ideal and I haven't worked out how to get through to the beta server, so my main interface will be the app but I will use the browser when I need more information. It is interesting that not all of the interface is better, though. Even in the Market, I think the way the app shows the goods/goods selection is far superior.

Last edited:

DeletedUser108047

Yeah @Prinza the Hunter playing on app is not quite being a second class citizen

On browser we get some additional features but there are some things on app that are pretty cool. Certainly the goods selection process in the market is much better. In battle, the disclosure of the sector benefits is very useful and the display of available sectors to hit etc is also much better (on browser it is shaded and less obvious)

Also the messaging feature is more immediate and helpful and the collections a lot more obvious

It seems as if there are two dev teams and they don't really talk much to each other :(

DeletedUser110195

On the browser side of downers the one thing that keeps poking me in the eye is the fact that we have to go through the town hall, to get a list of GBs we're contributing to, whereas app players have a button right up front that does the same thing.

Also what Jo said as I typed this comment.

DeletedUser110195

you can also just click your profile pic on the browser to get your gb list (same as town hall but saves you having to find it)
That doesn't save you any steps, that just changes what tab you have to click from.

I meant GB contributions. Battles are harder on the app I think cos you can't judge the terrain as easy as browser.
Being able to mouse over terrain to know the movement cost, or mouse over an enemy unit to see its range is extremely helpful.

vikingraider

Emperor
Being able to mouse over terrain to know the movement cost, or mouse over an enemy unit to see its range is extremely helpful.

That's what I meant. If I'm at work and the battles are tricky I wait until I get home to use my pc. Placing units correctly, in a forest for example, can be the difference between winning and losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.