• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #11 2017-07-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General
Hi EllieMaycor, yes, all you need to do is reply. If your reply is at or within 2 minutes either side of the time chosen for the week, you win! You can post as many times as you like, but you cannot post consecutive posts, there must always be at least one other post in between

DeletedUser110195

So lots of people posting in this thread gives everyone a better chance(though of course I bribe Amy every week so I'm already the winner) ;)

DeletedUser110195

The time is posted sometime after....today, I think sometime early monday....I don't really pay attention, I just wait for a notification from Amy after it closes.

joesoap

Major-General
you're going to discourage others from joining in if they think you are going to win....which you usually do

DeletedUser110195

Yes, it can be anything within 24 hours, days are not included in this(and while I joke about 'always winning' I'm just the one with the most wins at 3....out of 10 weeks)

@Prinza the Hunter did you use the town planner tool or did it manually?
The only planner I found uses Flash, so that was out for me. I resorted to a spreadsheet. Initially, I didn't intend doing an entire town, I was just plotting out the best ways I could put the palace and elephant fountain bits together (for each town). For my main town, that then extended to how best to put those sections into the town in relation to the Town Hall and other large buildings. Since I knew I would be getting tight on poplulation, I then needed to work out just what else had to go along with the deleted houses. So, before I knew it, I was planning the whole town out.

It is definitely NOT something I recommend unless you've already decided to stay at an age for a while, and are near/at the end of that age. Up to that point, the city is in too much flux to make it worthwhile spending so much planning time.

I did find some great combos for palace and fountain pieces that were not quite sets, though!

Amy Steele

General
Hi Amy,
Thank you, so how do i find out what the chosen time is please?
the time is randomly picked before the comp starts on a monday
The time is posted sometime after....today, I think sometime early monday....I don't really pay attention, I just wait for a notification from Amy after it closes.

The chosen time is posted after the week's thread closes (which usually happens on Sunday evening) and before the new thread opens (which usually happens on Monday evening). You can find more information about the competition here

DeletedUser110195

Neighborhood tower rival, 45% more attack/defense than me, 12 free units a day, military building in age giving her units of our age....and I still won. >=)

Edit: Actually, it's 66%/33% more....still.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Go you! I'm guessing you just happened to be putting the right troops forward. I have been able to beat an army of mostly (6, I think) Heavy Infantry with Iron Age archers before (I mistakenly picked on someone at the top of the neighbourhood, instead of someone near the bottom).

DeletedUser110195

Well I do all my battles manually, I'm relatively certain she does not, and that costs you points. Taking damage reduces the amount of tower points you get.

DeletedUser110179

If the prize gets to a piece of cherry garden ... could that please include the choice of Indian Palace piece.

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks, sorry for the delay posting. This week's time was:

#11.PNG

No-one posted within the time frame (Prinza got closest, but not quite close enough) therefore the prize will roll over to next week's competition,. which will start shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.