We got a Shrink Kit, what about a Merge Kit ?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by LAB21, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:52 AM.

1. LAB21

LAB21 Chief Warrant Officer

A Wishing well can now be shrunk to 3x2 (An Idea that would have gotten many -1's followed by stupid comments by some people), yet we got it

What about something like a Shrine Merge kit ?

Merge 2 Shrines (sok or soa) to make a 3x3 Shrine - similar to the Shrine of Inspiration
    2sokto1.jpg

SEEING it makes all the difference...8 would become 4
    inyaface-.jpg
    ^ almost same size, but think about the roads...The 8 soks would have to be spread out to accommodate the roads...
    30-15+.jpg
    30 sok's become 15 new shrines - Again, think about the roads
    this configuration would require 3 road for the soks & only 2 for the 3x3 ones
    depending on the configuration you chose the space gained would be varied - look at the pic above this one

3x3 is the only size that could work...depending on the layout & the road it almost balances out - just look at the 2nd pic...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 3:14 PM
    SirFrancis likes this.
  2. LAB21

THIS THREAD IS IN THE DISCUSSION AREA OF THE FORUM - NOT THE IDEAS SECTION...

Replies:

obviously.
    merging 2 2x2 to make a 2x4 or 4x2 would be stupid & pointless.
    While the wishing well shrink kit shrinks a 3x3 to 3x2, keeping it the same shape would make it 2x2, and obviously inno wouldn't do that, at least not yet.
    A shrine shrink kit would most definitely never be available - after all a 2x1 or 1x1 shrine would be too powerful...

• you would have said the same about an idea to shrink the Wishing Wells...3x3 to 3x2, gives more space, does it make it easier ?
    • 1 click on a self aid and you can aid all the buildings you want without having to go back & forth from the inventory to the city each time - that make things EASIER.
    • so many MORE things that have been done to make the game easier -
    and it doesn't make the game "easier" it makes it more functional, to fit the ever increasing number of new building being made...
    AGAIN PROVING YOU CAN'T CONTRIBUTE LIKE A NORMAL PERSON...

the amount collected wouldn't change...the same population, the same amount of coins, the same amount of fp's - however 2 soks need 2 people motivating, my idea would only need 1.

A 3x2 shrine giving double coins population & 2 fp would be less likely to be implemented - although it would be awesome.
    I doubt ANYONE would have believed that inno would introduce a shrink kit to make something that can give 50 diamonds (WW) even smaller...

Its obvious that inno will be making more different types of kits for the future..I don't think that some kind of kit for the shrines is out of the question.

Agent327 Do you even play the game? your forgetting the roads that have to go to each shrine, look at the 2 larger pics >
    inyaface-.jpg 30-15+.jpg
    , placing road adds +1

2 soks side by side = 2x4 + the road = 3x4
    1 of this new shrine =3x3 + the road = 3x4

NOW TELL ME, HOW DOES 3X4 TAKE UP MORE SPACE THAN 3X4 :lol: IT'S THE SAME SIZE:lol::lol:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018 at 11:53 AM
  3. Test Ament

Test Ament Emperor

good idea: +1

merge 4 + 4 = 9 :lol:

4. Agent327

Agent327 Monarch

Why not a GB where you can put all your shrines in?

5. cfpedro

cfpedro Second Lieutenant

6. DarkUros222

DarkUros222 Lieutenant-General

But... Two Shrines take 8,not 9 tiles space :)

Migraine of Ord likes this.
  7. Pyro Psycho

Pyro Psycho FoE Team Ingame Moderator

No offence but I'm not fond of the idea of merging buildings. I would just prefer the set bonus we get.

DarkUros222 likes this.
  8. Agent327

Agent327 Monarch

Maybe the next idea will be merged SoK shrink kits :P

Pyro Psycho and DarkUros222 like this.
  9. Migraine of Ord

Migraine of Ord Corporal

What about stacking. I’d pay to be able to stack SoK or SoA and keep the rewards.

10. Emberguard

Emberguard Tsar

I think what you're after would be 3 x 2 shrine merge

SirFrancis likes this.
  11. Migraine of Ord

Migraine of Ord Corporal

IIRC the wishing well shrink took 2 off the side (without bothering to go back and be absolutely certain) because I could then place a RF beside each one, freeing up a decent amount of space. So a similar “shrink” to a SoK, 2x2, would leave it only 1x2. I could use RF again, but why not “stack” 2 SoK in the same 2x2 space, or side by side, so to speak. Not sure the effect would be as charming as the WW turned out, though.

12. SirFrancis

SirFrancis Master Corporal

The WW Shrink turned it from 3x3, to 3x2. So a merge for SoK could always go from 2x2 to 3x2 and be in a similar vein.

13. Agent327

Agent327 Monarch

This all falls under "making the game easier" and "asking for extra expansions" in a clever way. All things not to suggest, but hey, have fun with the argument.

14. Migraine of Ord

Migraine of Ord Corporal

I didn't ask for the WW shrink kit-- just used several. :) to get more space. Did it make the game easier? Not to get WW or maybe even the shrinkers.. but I cannot take the blame-- or credit. :P

LAB21 likes this.
  15. LAB21

Agent327 go ahead and start a new thread here in discussions, or in the idea thread, I would love to leave my comments - as would others...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 2:34 PM
    cfpedro likes this.
  16. Agent327

Agent327 Monarch

No one will use a merge kit to create a building that will take up more space than the two buildings individually.

17. HRC

HRC General

almost a pointless thread this, will inno agree to shrink the SOK so you gain expansions - never, theres too many citys where they wouod gain 5 or 6 expansions from something like this and you can have too many soks and end up without them all being motivated, so its curent size etc has a limiting effect on city design and hence its not going to get changed as suggested.
    But with freedom of speech please keep discussing this .........

18. Migraine of Ord

Migraine of Ord Corporal

“With freedom of speech...”

Love this, truly. How correct! We are all free to make jackasses of ourselves with our freedom of speech, whether we are right or not! And sadly we do so very often...

Emberguard likes this.
  19. SirFrancis

SirFrancis Master Corporal

I'm sure that before the WW Shrink kit, you would have said the exact same thing about the possibility of it as well...

20. Emberguard

Emberguard Tsar

Probably would. However the value of a WW is different from a Shrine. Both are valuable, but WW's moreso for diamond farms then main worlds.

Whether players in multiple worlds are more willing to spend money then those in a single world I have no idea. But if they did introduce a Shrine merge kit I'm sure it'll be at least after a few major events have gone by given how recent WW shrink kits are