• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Water Reservoirs quest has come up to early

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am currently slogging away in the HMA and was getting along just fine when this quest came up from out of the blue. I say "out of the blue" because it bears no relevance to the period I am in - I must be about 5-600 f.points away from these reservoirs, which are, after all, in a completely different age to the one that I am in.

I have only ever turned down 2 quests before, and this was way back in the dark ages, so why does this come up now?

DeletedUser

So you are in the middle of the HMA and have received a quest to research 'Water Reservoirs'?

In that case, I suggest you send an in-game ticket. Just right-click anywhere on your town, select Support and then follow from there. :)

EDIT: This is apparently not a bug, see Blacksmith's post ↓below↓.

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There are several things that affect which quests you get. Not just your current Age.
I'm not sure if this is a bug at all. I think I remember getting this quest very early, too.

- L

DeletedUser

You might be right there Lodroth, but I find it hard to believe that someone can receive such a quest when they're still in the middle of the HMA (not to mention that this specific research is in the middle of the LMA...)

I assumed this quest isn't part of the main line ( = can be aborted), as I never received such a quest during the HMA nor the LMA. I might have missed it though, as I research through the ages fairly fast (already completed that specific research before even having received any quests requiring LMA buildings/researches of any sort :rolleyes:).

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser3157

I got that quest very early too when I was still in middle of HMA. It was one of the 3 quests which stayed there for multiple weeks. Other 2 were the one about building HMA decoration or cultural building and the one about building a doctor. Anyways they appear to be triggered by fast map progress. I'm quite sure devs are aware of this kind of quest trigger problems which happen for some, but I doubt with they are any kind of priority for them right now. Still I think they have made trigger improvements to some and perhaps also learned from past mistakes, seeing as someone almost done with CA map while being in LMA I've gotten no silly quests yet. Anyways I quess you just gotta wait a bit now and sit this one out until your research catches up, it's no biggie anyways. Besides once you complete long-standing quest like this, you usually get a ton of quests you can pretty much auto-complete since you are there already, so not like you will miss anything from this main quest line.

DeletedUser276

the quest is not age specific. It is MAP specific. to get this quest you had to have taken a sector of Crashire Province and refuse a certain other quest to force down this specific channel. Or Beaten up on Dragonclaw and paid off some rebellious people to take him down.

This is one of the rare times you will see what is required for a quest so maybe buy a lottery ticket for how lucky you all are muhwahahaha

DeletedUser

I apologize for having relied too much on 'intuition'. :o

I'll try to remember it for the future though. ;)

Regards,
Bloodwyn

P.S.: @ Basherz: If your in-game ticket hasn't been answered yet, please mark it as answered so the in-game mods can move on to other (actual :rolleyes:) issues. :)

DeletedUser

Ok thanks guys, bit stupid, but I'll mark the ticket as closed.

DeletedUser6965

DeletedUser

In fact, since closing the ticket, I have been thinking about the problem, and as "Serpens66" has implied, this quest should be nothing to do with the map, and should be linked more obviously to the Tech Tree. This is a "time" related quest, and the map is only really there for people to collect bonuses/expansions & for people who enjoy fighting.

DeletedUser

This has been raised many many times before. It's not a bug. @hint, but as for the HMA build a decoration/cultural building this can be passed immediately, look in the decorations tab and build a fence.

DeletedUser3157

This has been raised many many times before. It's not a bug. @hint, but as for the HMA build a decoration/cultural building this can be passed immediately, look in the decorations tab and build a fence.

I was in middle of EMA though. But yes building the fence advice saved me couple of extra weeks there, it was good advice back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.