• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Watchfires to require interaction daily for effectiveness

DeletedUser

--- Feel free to shoot down, i am prepared for the worst! ;) ---

Proposal:
I propose that watchfires aren't automatically effective. Like the supply buildings you need to set a length of time for them to work, and maybe they can have like a 1d gives 1%, 8 hours 2%, etc, etc to encourage people to log on more, but also for those that don't their towns become a little easier pickings?

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
yes and no

Reason:
In my neighbourhood i am regularly below the 50 mark so if there are 51 players there are 49 stronger than me. I never try and attack them as if they are much higher its so unlikely that i will win and will just lose my troops. If the watchfires werent always as effective it would give the lower guys a chance of attacking and plundering the higher guys.

Details:
As above, i just threw some numbers around but the theory is that the longer you "enable" it the lesser the reward, if you do it every 4 hours or whatever you get the best reward.

Visual Aids:
sorry havent got time to put somethign together.

Balance:
Hopefully it will balance the lower leveled players in PvP to some of the higher level players

Abuse Prevention:
Cant think of how this can be abused (apart from very active players will benefit over deserters).

Summary:
Just an idea...

DeletedUser99588

Interesting concept although I'm not sure it will be popular with those that have invested in them. If something like this was to be introduced I would like to see it reset a seven day timer every time you login. Although I haven't invested in many myself I think a player deserves a 7 day grace period for protection of their city and then I guess you could say the flame has burnt out and no longer protecting :)

DeletedUser96901

players who decide to put watchfires in their town already lose that space for useful things :eek:
and the event currency (and diamonds) for buying it

so if someone puts the amount of watchfires in his town to be unbeatable he deserves to be unbeatable

why didn't you simply buy 25 watchfires this easter event
and 20 in the next event. and 20 more in the event after that
then you are also near unbeatable

Reason:
In my neighbourhood i am regularly below the 50 mark so if there are 51 players there are 49 stronger than me. I never try and attack them as if they are much higher its so unlikely that i will win and will just lose my troops.
you sure lose because of your ranking
and not because of missing attacking GB boost or skill :rolleyes:

and the number 1 automatically wins all his fights because of his ranking

I never try
lol: never try but making fights easier
for what: that you still don't try

I bet at least half of them doesn't even have watchfires :eek:

if the watchfires werent always as effective it would give the lower guys a chance of attacking and plundering the higher guys.
simply learn to fight and then you can beat almost every neighbor
and as already said: the ones who can't be beaten deserve that

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

I'm going to -1 this one, no other boost to your troops is time dependent and I see no reason to make a special event building worse than other sources of boosts.

In order to encourage activity there are other ways to go about it that are more positive.

As for the hood being too difficult when at the bottom, the physical position you're in doesn't mean that those above you are harder to beat than those below you. I would think that some would have the default defense but even then being able to beat their defense doesn't mean you'll get something to plunder.

DeletedUser12146

Always the same ideas, how to balance lower and higher players in PvP.

My humble opinion is: let us attack any1 on the server, not only neighbors. Let the PvP be global, and not only limited do 70-80 players...

DeletedUser105579

players who decide to put watchfires in their town already lose that space for useful things :eek:
and the event currency (and diamonds) for buying it

so if someone puts the amount of watchfires in his town to be unbeatable he deserves to be unbeatable

-1 for the aforementioned reason