• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Watchfires Designs (+Wallcombinations)

Galladhorn

Monarch
No revolutionary idea here, just the simple fact that watchfires look rather way off from about colonial age and onward.

(They seam to always end up in a clustered pattern - But it does not make them any prettier IMO).

Suggesting to make at least one Modern Watchfire Design that could work Design wise from Industrial/Progressive age and onward.

II--II
Wall Combinations

I have a few time used the the Old East wall in between two Watchfires, I found it to look quite good for that little thing it is, because it created a kind of unified combo in contrary to just singular units as most of the game buildings are now.

Designing Decorations/buildings that in multiple numbers placed next to each other work in modular visual unity to create an extended structures. E.g. a Wall.

So if a New Watchfire where to be designed then it would perhaps be great to add a wall/fence decoration to accompany the Watchfire and encourage some other builds than just the usual cluster.

Abuse: None
(Except perhaps for creating a very well defended looking city with way to many decorations in it, loosing all income to the AID Gizmo Algorithm ;).

DeletedUser9219

For the user who like an esthetic pleasing city , this would be great.
Upgrade watchtowers when one get into a new era.

Satellite dishes in CE for example .. same use ( watching ) but better fitting the CE city visually.

a +0.5 for me.

Not a priority , but one that most users would enjoy.

The problem would be that users need to load even more different graphics... slowing down the gameplay.