• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Walls

• Thread starter DeletedUser3220
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3220

Now i know this has been talked about many times and the answer is it cant be incorporated because of game balance and all that but what if walls were added as purely aesthetic reasons? maybe with added happiness in the same way roads/paths are made? It would certainly make the villages/cities look more impressive without having an impact on game mechanics.

Obviously 1 major problem is space but i find i usually have a line of 1x1 squares running a length of my town anyway. maybe they could allow a ring around all buildings as space that can only be occupied by walls, kinda like a bonus expansion that cant be used by any other buildings.

stone age - no walls
bronze age - wooden palisade +1 happiness
iron age - stone wall +2 happiness
early middle age - solid stone wall +4 happiness
etc etc etc

If walls needed to give a benefit maybe simply +1 to defence to all defending units (depending on a minimum build amount as well so you couldnt get away with only 1 square of wall and still expect a benefit.)

This isnt really a proposal so i wont make 1 but its something i like to think about and maybe someone else does too because im not only here to build up for points, i like things to look good! Anyone else on the same page as me?

DeletedUser

Why not make an idea out of it? Most castles and towns in the Middle Ages had walls around them. I would like to see something like this in my city, even if it is only an aesthetic improvement with some happiness like the road.

DeletedUser

Really cool idea, you should add this to the ideas section! Really cool

DeletedUser

Nice idea, lionheart!

If I were you I'd head over to the ideas section anyway and post it there, using the template that Rufus mentioned in the post below your first one :).
I'm sure a village would look great with some walls like that ;).

DeletedUser

I agree , have thought the same myself, could be a nice added defense and or happiness generator.

DeletedUser17

We have thought about introducing walls to the game as well. However I cannot comment any further about this issue. I will poke the game designer about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.