• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Visiting Neighbours

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hmmm I must be on a new continent when I joined yesterday, there were only 25 on the continent, about 1/4 with 0 points, and #1 was at 20k (now 30 some odd k)

Any rate go through 25 didn't take long, but I can't see me doing 80.

DeletedUser

It depends how I feel like on the day and if I need a little bit of gold. I have gone through and attacked about 60 of the people on my continent, which raised me quite high on the tourney boards. And then I feel nice and motivate people (if I can't be bothered waiting for me to win the battle lol)

DeletedUser561

So I have visited my top 5 neighbours... who all have over 30.000 points... But none have a Horseman or Warrior barracks. Now I'm only at 18.000 points about to get my Warrior barracks and have my horseman stables... Am I doing something wrong??

DeletedUser

So I have visited my top 5 neighbours... who all have over 30.000 points... But none have a Horseman or Warrior barracks. Now I'm only at 18.000 points about to get my Warrior barracks and have my horseman stables... Am I doing something wrong??

Nah, they are probably more production based playing.

DeletedUser561

Ahhh ok. I just had to ask, I got slightly frightened they basically only had spear barracks and one or two had slinger barracks...

DeletedUser

Aaah, well it depends on what you want.

Currently I got 166k points with 1 archer, 1 slinger , 1 warrior and 1 soldier barracks which is quite alot if I compare with my continent.

DeletedUser561

Oh right fair enough. I'm sitting on 2 Spear, 1 Horse and 1 Slinger barracks. Just waiting on supplies to get my Warrior barracks.

I just wasn't too sure if I started on the troops too soon or if I should have held off longer for productive purposes.

DeletedUser

I find ranged so overpowered that nothing else is necessary. I've been able to easily breeze through the bronze period with only slingers, iron age troops were a bit harder, but managed up to Ruug, now going to go straight Archers. It saves room and resources that would be required to build the other military buildings, at least until range units are nerfed, guess I'll deal with that if/when it happens.

I tried horsemen for a time, but found them utterly worthless in the bronze age, but could just be me *shrugs*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38

Yea, I rushed horseman and even got rid of slingers, bad decision. Only thing they can be useful at is, sniping the ballistas (or some ranged units) when you are fighting on the iron age cause of their speed and also their power versus ballistas.

DeletedUser

I find ranged so overpowered that nothing else is necessary. I've been able to easily breeze through the bronze period with only slingers, iron age troops were a bit harder, but managed up to Ruug, now going to go straight Archers. It saves room and resources that would be required to build the other military buildings, at least until range units are nerfed, guess I'll deal with that if/when it happens.

I tried horsemen for a time, but found them utterly worthless in the bronze age, but could just be me *shrugs*

Hmm, would a full army of archers be awesome perhaps supported by 2 soldiers only? Or perhaps 2 Mounted warriors?

DeletedUser256

yeah Hansi says Archers whoop butt
Stonethrowers? Ballistas? Pfff! I'm currently beating up EMA armies containing up to 4 catapults, using 8 archers and losing a maximum of 4 per battle. Bring up the trebuchets or cannons ;-) Too bad the mounted archers are such a disappointment, I will skip those and wait until I can have crossbows and longbows. Those look promising.

Edit: Fresh from my battlefield:P
2cy1b15.png

DeletedUser256

your units will heal over time. You can click on the army management icon and actually watch them gain health slowly.

DeletedUser

how do you defend against your neighbour's attacks. Twice now I've had random attacks, and even though I've placed all my troops into the defensive army before logging off, I still get attacked and lose resources, but the armies remain intact.

DeletedUser

If your amy loses every time the attackers come, you rather take all your troops from defense to offense. It is useless to resist them. On the other hand you can attack them and you will see how easy it is against the army of player who can not control his/her troops.

DeletedUser210

8 archers are godly in most iron age fights. You might, just might, struggle in the one with six ballistae against you, but other than that, you should be able to win anything. If you're going to take anything with them, mounted warriors wouldn't be a bad bet, since they can help run down the ballistae.

DeletedUser

thanx Darddy. I was also wondering whether you can build a harbour on this world, (Aravhall) if you expand your city close to the sea?

Status
Not open for further replies.