• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Visiting Neighbours

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser470

Hey all, I just went through and visited all 79 neighbours on my continent, bringing in 1580 gold.

For the starting players, this can be a fair amount, however I imagine that once you get into the higher ages that visiting all your neighbours would be next to nothing?

Who else out there currently visits a lot (if not all) of their neighbours? Or do you find it not worth the effort for 20 gold each?

DeletedUser

I'll return a favour (and an attack) but I won't start anything.

DeletedUser470

I have not attacked any neighbours yet, I will return one though if I receive it.

So are you saying you wont aid somebody unless they aid you first?

DeletedUser

Yep. I've built my village so they have 120% enthusiasm without help from other people.

DeletedUser

Maybe about once a day, but I normally win and then revenge and win.

DeletedUser

I polished quite a lot of decorations on my first day (around 70), done some motivating, and attacked 4-5 "neighbours", just to see what this PvP is like.

Some of it was retaliated, but mostly I was the instigator. Some of them responded to my friendly visits with attacks (barren), so I'm afraid that I'm going to go for the old saying "revenge is a dish best served cold".

DeletedUser

I've visited a lot of my neighbours. It's a good way to boost initial capital.

I have been attacked once... then I noticed the revenge button, so of course I pressed that and massacred my attacker ^_^. I only just realised though that you actually need to assign troops to guard your town. This error has been rectified and I have a full garrison for protection just in case.

DeletedUser256

I now selectively motivate or polish....as the world grows and you can see who is still growing and playing I decide whether or not your village looks cool before I motivate a building or polish a decoration. If it's ugly I attack ;p

DeletedUser

I now selectively motivate or polish....as the world grows and you can see who is still growing and playing I decide whether or not your village looks cool before I motivate a building or polish a decoration. If it's ugly I attack ;p

Sounds like a good natural selection policy XD

DeletedUser

Mweh the visiting isn't doing much for me. Just 20 gold each, can't really say its worth the effort.

As for the attacking, Its almost the most usefull thing there is for me. As many players who have their resources produced but not yet picked up, I often steal it and I steal alot, from single raids I often get +200 materials and that without even a single troop loss so yeah you could say its very usefull!

DeletedUser

Support me, and I will support you!
Attack me, and I will attack you twice!

That's my ingame profile text ;)

DeletedUser210

I've been largely attacking, since I'm going for the tournaments, but I've been polishing/motivating once I've got a decent lead.

DeletedUser561

I visited just to get idea's from other players on different ways to build up your town. But everything seems pretty basic at the moment. Though I saw a couple with the typical generic way of columns of the same buildings next to each other and some not even linked to pathways (not sure how much of an effect that makes). But then I like the friendly polish of rocks (obelisks) and I get polished memorials.

-Dk

DeletedUser

I dont do it for the gold its because most people are nice enough to reciprocate. but I base what I do based on their score. because motivate is generally infinitely more useful I'll give it to people who have tons more score than me or are much lower than me. any city within the 7500 points range just gets a polish on a building, and usually they'll polish something back... which is actually really useful since I'm rarely bothered enough to get enthusiastic happiness anymore and it always pushes me into enthused status. and I never attack, not worth the hassle until I have a strong enough army.

DeletedUser

Yes I visit most of my 80 odd continent players. It has helped me od deciding the best layout for the amount of land I have. and have also attacked a few. Mostly, when I win I don't do sabatage.
I have now been playing for two days and 3 hours and have 41450 points. Am No1 in the tournament and N01 on the continent.
All without buying any diamonds.

if I can help anyone please ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.