• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Visit a City from the Message Center

• Thread starter DeletedUser7719
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7719

+1
but I think the button can be the player avatar.

+1/2

I like the idea, but to flesh it out there would need to be a 2 tone button. Bright when you have actions available if you visit, greyed out if you are within the 24 hours wait. Otherwise it is an exercise in frustration, going there to find out you can do nothing.
I cannot think of a way those two changes can be combined.

Anyways, I'll add the greyed-out addition to the OP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14745

Great idea.. I keep clicking peoples avatars expecting it to happen anyway

DeletedUser

+1 from me. Good idea.

Maybe the button could be intregated with the players avatar, so that you come to the players city when you click the avatar in the message system, in the same way as it works in the social bars :)

DeletedUser14587

+1 from me anything that make this game easier to access always agood idea

DeletedUser7719

Again, I can't think of a way to make it where you can click on their avatar AND have the grey'd out button. I decided that the grey'd out action was more important when reflecting on the idea (and some of us do want to pm our buddies with the current shortcut), so I'm gonna stick with that.

DeletedUser6461

+1.
The grey'd out button will help us to return the favor and also to make a proper note of it. It's not just making the game easier but it's giving the game a balanced and complete outlook which is more important.

DeletedUser

Again, I can't think of a way to make it where you can click on their avatar AND have the grey'd out button. I decided that the grey'd out action was more important when reflecting on the idea (and some of us do want to pm our buddies with the current shortcut), so I'm gonna stick with that.

Aha I see :) I think a visual improvement could be if the button was placed before the "From: XXXXXX", so it's always placed on the same x-coordinate.

DeletedUser7719

Aha I see :) I think a visual improvement could be if the button was placed before the "From: XXXXXX", so it's always placed on the same x-coordinate.
I never mentioned in the OP about the exact position (even though your improvement would make it "exact" :p). It also would look a bit weird to see the icon, and then the player name (meh, that was probably just my opinion). Also, the devs will probably decide where to put it themselves, so just putting it there would feel pointless as I already have just a rough sketch up there.

Btw, someone needs to be more specific in the "making the game easier" part in the ideas. There's a difference between more convenient and (well, I don't know how to describe it without describing pretty much every idea people come up with)

DeletedUser

Again, I can't think of a way to make it where you can click on their avatar AND have the grey'd out button.
Unfortunately I cannot work with Win XP (Linux is just so much more convenient :D), so I can't post a pic. I'll try to describe it anyways...

Like falcon93 suggested, one could use the same concept as used in the social bar, however in the event of possible support options (or other activity) have the "house icon" either gleaming in a yellowish-orange or flash like the messenger notification icon when hovering over the avatar with ones cursor. Is there nothing to do, then the "house icon" just appears like it does currently within the social bar (= dull whitish/greyish colour).

If such were implemented, then I'd be happy to see it done for both the messaging system and the social bar (regarding the colour-coding/flashing).

Apart from that, I still find it very useful so +1! :)

~Bloodwyn

DeletedUser2989

+1 as it would still be a great thing to add to the game. We really need improvements in the message system. :)

DeletedUser2989

Only just noticed but
The ability to visit a forger's house from the message center
has been somewhat implemented.

You can click on the players name in the message to bring up the menu and select "visit" (the second option) to go straight to their town from the message.

Maybe the OP needs revising to consider the above process if it is not good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.