• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Virtual Future - Part 1

DeletedUser4727

Hello chaps,

This thread is for discussing the upcoming first part to our new era, Virtual Future. Check the full announcement and our video here.

Thanks!
Richard & Team

DeletedUser14186

wow, I love to see the new content and the incoming future update if the new ERA, fantastically done.

DeletedUser112892

Finally those fully developed OF players won't be bored anymore :)

DeletedUser114295

I can't wait for "Space future" where you colonize other solar systems / planets :D. Awesome! But anyone wonder what would happen if they got EMP bombs :?

Agent327

Overlord
As far as the new content goes, the augmented samurai has the skill Contact! and the range of 1. Always retaliates against attacks can be replaced by NEVER retaliates against attacks! The ninja has rapid deployment and hides in the forrest. When hidden, you need to attack it from the adjacent field. Funny enough it does not hit you back. That makes two out of the 3 new units rather useless. Result will be that players use Hovers!

DeletedUser105522

https://prnt.sc/k6nnpl
and i am puzzled why INNO feels that they MUST release unpolished new era (after weeks on Beta) and promise to "fix" well known bugs next update (who knows when) instead of just taking it's time and release a nicely done new era. Are your bosses pushing you to release a.s.a.p. in order for them to make more money for their summer vacations? You guys just love getting angry feedbacks when game problems keep piling up ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm a little disturbed that new content would be released with known bugs. I would rather see something come out that has been properly tested and am still rather seething over the change to hover tanks after playing with them for so long. I was looking forward to the new release but my anticipation has been quelled significantly. I hope more time and effort will be put into testing future releases in this era along with not letting players know about it (I'm sure the pressure must have been on by players once it became public knowledge that a new era was in the works) so that no one is left feeling rushed or disappointed.

DeletedUser105544

As far as the new content goes, the augmented samurai has the skill Contact! and the range of 1. Always retaliates against attacks can be replaced by NEVER retaliates against attacks! The ninja has rapid deployment and hides in the forrest. When hidden, you need to attack it from the adjacent field. Funny enough it does not hit you back. That makes two out of the 3 new units rather useless. Result will be that players use Hovers!
Ninja also have "secret attack" skill which kills an enemy instantly. Combined with rapid deployement ninja is the best unit in the game.

DeletedUser106696

DeletedUser106696

Don't worry ... they have "fixed" that by needing the hovers.
Well known Inno tactic... don't fix the issue, rather nerf the cause of it :mad:

DeletedUser111948

Will just join in expressing how happy I am to see the actual new era! :) FE was always about seeing my city progress through the ages to me, I'm glas we are moving forward and really hope that we are not going to be dead stuck for 8 parts as some people suggest :)

Galladhorn

Monarch
Well, I was hoping for an interstellar Concept (Theme) but that was not an option since quite a while – But that apart the Virtual Future Theme is quite a good concept in my opinion. It opens for other ideas and "reusing" the world map is a smart move – In a virtual future nearly everything is possilbe – it will lay a foundation for the possibility of more frequent updates and variations over the theme. Essentially the game Devs will be able to choose freely and intepret from already historical themes to be "relived/reexplored" in the Virtual Future and that keeps FoE right where Inno and the games devs wanted it to be from the very beginning – Historically Connected.

– I hope it will not come with too many Bugs as described – but otherwise is see forward to the new Era.

···

A few side notes

Still some FoE things needs to be adressed whatever new Era is being brought to life.

The Promethium and Orihcallumn needs to be integrated into the game
– to have some functionality more than just being a "handbrake" for high level players.

The Tavern is pretty dead as it is now in terms of player interaction – The constant Pop Up Tavern Window serves no functionality as it is right now. When AID was applied it took a strain of the Immense dayli mouse clicks and then came the Tavern and more than doubled it. Essentially the Tavern Click (visit) should be a a One Click Function just like AID is. That unless the Tavern gets another in the Tavern functionality/side play.