• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Virtual Future II

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

Virtual Future II will be here on Wednesday, the 14th of November. Explore new maps, unlock new techs and discover a brand new unit.

The full announcement can be found here

We look forward to hearing your feedback!

DeletedUser

Dragon? Looks more like a Phoenix, but perhaps it's simply another cultural fail.

DeletedUser106696

If less effort had gone into vikings and other pointless sideshows, the devs might even have come up with a different artillery unit rather than just copying and pasting tuts.
We seem to be waiting longer and longer for less and less and less content... just 6 techs this time :o and apart from the cannon none that seems to be useful in any way (nice artwork though). Are you running out of ideas guys, or are you just not bothered 'cos you get more diamond sales off young blood?

I also find it bad form to put into the announcement that VR2 is available, when in fact it will only come out in 2 days time. No need to have folks chase through the forum for so,ething that could have just as easily put right in the in-game message.

Deleted member 109369

The ingame message was posted in error and was removed. It will be reposed the day VFII opens.

dimondus

Captain
"...to program new interfaces responsible for the routing processes within the VR network. Using a switch, he secretly placed the code allowing him to temporarily take control over the whole VR network. He used this moment of absolute power to overwrite owner certificates and header files, granting him a big share of all VR domains."

So now you allow your coders to white a script? That sound very geeky. :D

If less effort had gone into vikings and other pointless sideshows, the devs might even have come up with a different artillery unit rather than just copying and pasting tuts.
While I agree with copying turturets, vikings (and follow up similar cultural events) are first unique events in the last 2 years (I'm counting after FE). Inno giving us an opportunity to start fresh city without starting in a new world - that is awesome, imo.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Well I think it comes at a good timing - was expecting it to be later.

On secondary thoughts I do not see it as a major thing anymore – Compared to some Event Qestlines this could to some degree be considered even less of an effort because ther is no time limit to it – and yes it does affects a VF city, but how much essentially? – A few buildings that needs to be changed, a new Unit that Alactraz needs to produce and so forth. I guess that most Players already in VF does not have issues with supplies, coins and goods or even FPs – The high ranks I have on my freind list will finish this in very very short time – and it nearly follows a curve less ranked a bit more time and so forth.
Once a new Era or Tech Tree part felt a like a major thing but not anymore. Also the way the new Culutral building is announced – With a "Dragon animation" - Yes it looks good but we already had Dragon animations at least two times it is not like a very special thing. Many player in VF does not even need a cultural building anymore. So do I complain – not really, it just fine – at this moment in time for me personally it feels more like another Event coming up.

dimondus

Captain
Once a new Era or Tech Tree part felt a like a major thing but not anymore.
You pointed out a couple problems that encountered in AFE and later ages:
1. No need of cultural buildings and houses because of higher level GBs.
2. With level 80 Arc FPs are also no issue.
3. Goods is an issue only because of Terminals they eating up a lot while producing very few special goods.
So basically after advancing into new era and unlocking goods and a couple of military buildings there is nothing else to do :(
I'm almost at half in OFE tech tree in 3 weeks and I only want Nautilus drop for attack boost then there is no point in completing other OFE techs.
This game slowly become "GB leveling simulator" unlocking GB's levels and did not set a level cap was a mistake, imo.

I hope those cultural villages will give some variety of activity but it depends on rewards. If they will be similar to Challenges (except no coins/supplies and 10fp rewards) then it could be interesting.

DeletedUser14881

A new Unit that Alactraz needs to produce and so forth
I didn't understand that one. Could you elaborate a little more? Because if you're talking about units as a whole, Inno is creating them, by copying and pasting without much thinking effort (<_<), but they are

I guess that most Players already in VF does not have issues with supplies, coins and goods
I don't have any issues right now but I've listed all requirements for next part from a BETA account I have and this new part will dry out almost all supplies I have (around 120kk)

Many player in VF does not even need a cultural building anymore
Indeed, but it's nice how the Necropolis fit with Dark Tower, even if in the wrong position

2. With level 80 Arc FPs are also no issue.
I'm still half-way there. They aren't exactly growing on trees for me yet

3. Goods is an issue only because of Terminals they eating up a lot while producing very few special goods
This is ridiculous" At VF we're 2 ages ahead and a lot of Promethium are being asked and that damn Harbour breaks like wet tissue >:(

This game slowly become "GB leveling simulator" unlocking GB's levels and did not set a level cap was a mistake, imo.
This and the fact way back in the past, Inno bit more than they could chew. In a game with a historical background, you have something that's finite (otherwise it goes to sci-fi — which I'm not against). Everything from start to CA happened too fast and we missed A LOT of content that could've been integrated into the game (like many worldwide renowned GBs).

Without a GB cap, it's all a matter of money to constantly level-up GBs (fine, fine, it's possible to set an arrangement between two or more players helping each other without Diamonds but heh, that's not what we're seeing)

dimondus

Captain
This and the fact way back in the past, Inno bit more than they could chew. In a game with a historical background, you have something that's finite (otherwise it goes to sci-fi — which I'm not against). Everything from start to CA happened too fast and we missed A LOT of content that could've been integrated into the game (like many worldwide renowned GBs).
If only they've had current technology (separate villages) back then when they introduced Tomorrow we could have had many "villages" in future eras but our main era would still be Contemporary.

And none said they will :) it heavily depends on your needs. I was talking about tech tree. I, for example, did 1/3 of OFE tech tree in 40min (with lvl 11 Arc btw) and still have 1,5k fps left in packs. I stopped just because I don't need any other techs to be successful in OFE (well, apart of expansions).

DeletedUser14881

Where can I see a list of the goods etc required to complete the VF2 tech tree?
Tech by tech, by hand, with an account on the BETA Server. It *might* have a few differences when they arrive at the live servers but it's a pretty good estimative.

All you have to do is pass through the initial tutorial until the Tech Tree button is unlocked

Galladhorn

Monarch
I didn't understand that one. Could you elaborate a little more? Because if you're talking about units as a whole, Inno is creating them, by copying and pasting without much thinking effort (<_<), but they are
What I meant is; that a gestimate is that most players in VF has the Rock GB at some level – When a "New" unit arrives players change a few buildings and start producing some of the new units (if it any good that is). And yes they have several Unit types already implemented, these slots needs to be filled with "New" unit types at some point – Difficult to develep completely new unit types with different functions the way game is set up right now. Even if they kind of Copy it can never be called a direct paste. Still the unit has to be designed, given a name and be implemented in the game. It is though not a revoluion I will agree to that.

I don't have any issues right now but I've listed all requirements for next part from a BETA account I have and this new part will dry out almost all supplies I have (around 120kk)

120 KK is that understood as 120 millions ?.
– if then that is in any case quite low set for playing in VF.

Indeed, but it's nice how the Necropolis fit with Dark Tower, even if in the wrong position

You just invested 751 FP´s into my Arc for 2nd Spot.
How many FPs do your Arva City approximately generate on a dayli average?

This is ridiculous" At VF we're 2 ages ahead and a lot of Promethium are being asked and that damn Harbour breaks like wet tissue >:(
Promethium and Orichalumn was and is a nasty extra for reaching higher ages – They where never ever useful for anything else than teching and the fact that players gains points when spending goods. I kind of alsmost feel sad for those eager players entering Arctic Future now...

Without a GB cap, it's all a matter of money to constantly level-up GBs (fine, fine, it's possible to set an arrangement between two or more players helping each other without Diamonds but heh, that's not what we're seeing)

Galladhorn

Monarch
You pointed out a couple problems that encountered in AFE and later ages:
1. No need of cultural buildings and houses because of higher level GBs.
2. With level 80 Arc FPs are also no issue. Not everybody has an Arc at level 80, but yes the Arc is a major issue.
3. Goods is an issue only because of Terminals they eating up a lot while producing very few special goods.
True - in the middle of the progress of Arctic and Oceanic Futures players need to produce a lot of Goods to keep up - but I would say that it is also somewhat expected on this level that a player have sufficient GB´s supporting the Goods production.
So basically after advancing into new era and unlocking goods and a couple of military buildings there is nothing else to do :(
Well, the about only real advantage of being fully teched and fully researched on the continent map is how you can play dayli challenges and produce goods that way, not needing to have good buildings. And secondary instant complete all Event Quests that require you to take Provinces, Sectors and Research teching.
– Yes you can start Fighting PvP, do GE or if you have enough time Join a GvG active guild and start doing GvG.

I'm almost at half in OFE tech tree in 3 weeks and I only want Nautilus drop for attack boost then there is no point in completing other OFE techs.
The GB Leveling madness has only happened mainly because of the Arc and how it inflates the GB Turn Around. The Arc should never have been implemented.

I hope those cultural villages will give some variety of activity but it depends on rewards. If they will be similar to Challenges (except no coins/supplies and 10fp rewards) then it could be interesting.
Let´s see – I was not too excited at first but Beta players have spoken well about it

DeletedUser111428

@Cuthwolf : this is the info that I gathered on the Beta version of FoE...cannot be 100% sure that requirements will be the same (but I think that it will be somehow...)
VF 2 Requirements.png

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
"...to program new interfaces responsible for the routing processes within the VR network. Using a switch"

I'll be damned.
Read the real world news!
"Giggle traffic misdirected to Tal Rasha and you-know-which country today"
And the data content is "war game experiment"

DeletedUser115506

hummm, where is the FV part II? Wasn't it announced it would be on today?