• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Vikings in FoE? (Spoiler Section)

DeletedUser112892

Mod Note: This thread was posted before the rule change, and before this Spoilers section was created. Since Vikings/Cultural settlements are now announced on Beta, we have moved the thread in its entirety to the new spoilers section, even though it contains material which under the new rules would not be permitted - namely information gained from the spoilers section on Beta prior to the official announcement there.
Please be aware that the posting of information gained other than from official announcements on Beta is not permitted. We have exceptionally allowed it in this case in order that discussion regarding Vikings may continue here

------------------------------------

Okay, I had to steal content for this topic from Beta forum, but this is something just so amazing that it has to be here too :P
Content:
I found a bunch of things connected to Vikings, but it all seems to be rather jumbled up. I'm trying to make head or tail of it, but until then, feel free to make your own guesses.

In the bottom image, I've found 4 new goods, which go by the names of:
While the image might look frighteningly huge, and certain of these achievements haven't been implemented yet, the one which has caught my attention is in the third-from-last column, and second-from-bottom row (why do I have the feeling that it has something to do with Vikings? Look at the goods, a connection clearly seems to exist).In the attached image, that same achievement icon is repeated. Upon parsing the XML file, the name turns out to be 'outpost_hud_vikings_huddecoration'

• fine_axes.png
    Axes
  • fine_horns.png
    Horns
  • fine_mead.png
    Mead
  • fine_wool.png
    Wool (courtesy @outoftheline) .
While the image might look frighteningly huge, and certain of these achievements haven't been implemented yet, the one which has caught my attention is in the third-from-last column, and second-from-bottom row (why do I have the feeling that it has something to do with Vikings? Look at the goods, a connection clearly seems to exist).
While the image might look frighteningly huge, and certain of these achievements haven't been implemented yet, the one which has caught my attention is in the third-from-last column, and second-from-bottom row (why do I have the feeling that it has something to do with Vikings? Look at the goods, a connection clearly seems to exist).
achievements_icons_0.png

In the attached image, that same achievement icon is repeated. Upon parsing the XML file, the name turns out to be 'outpost_hud_vikings_huddecoration'
hud_0.png

All of this is is giving me a feeling that something related to Vikings is coming to town. I doubt it would be an event (why would we have goods then?), it can't be a new era (VF just started, no building/army etc. images yet), so what IS this!?
Any idea what could be this?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112892

Probably the biggest clue to something with Vikings:
some words from the game info:

Vikings
Copper Coins
Diplomacy
Axes
Mead
Horns
Wool

"era": "NoAge",
"abilities": {
"outpostResource": {
"content": "vikings",
"type": "outpostResource",

Emberguard

Legend
Interesting @DarkUros222
So possible then that it's GE related. Or related to the Temple of Relics /OR/ maybe another unique GB. Perhaps a new feature entirely different from both GvG and GE is coming along with goods made in a no age GB?

Or maybe it'll be a new GvG map :D Although given the word says "diplomacy" that'd indicate otherwise

DeletedUser113901

Winter event? To continue in the pirate line and the axes, horns ect. can be equivalents to the fall ingredients. Diplomacy can refer to the coming back of the hide action.

Shad23

Emperor
would be cool if it were somthing about GvG like vikings that attack coastal GvG sectors once every day on all coastal sectors wich would force coastal guilds to defend daily and force the coastal guilds to plan ahead an attack on guilds in midle of maps where Vikings won't have access and by same occasion re-code the GvG for acces on App to
this would by same ocasion force guilds in land to defend daily against coastal guilds

DeletedUser110620

AttackingFromASectorHighlight.jpg

It's nothing new. This strange message has had me baffled all this year... Made me think of it when you guys were making your comments....

Andrew420

Major
It's nothing new. This strange message has had me baffled all this year...
That is a message from when GvG was still new
The Border sectors that cant be won used to attack the adjacent sectors at recalc time and you would lose def armies that needed to be replaced daily
They removed that part of GvG but never removed the text from the sectors

DeletedUser112892

Another string found in game info:
feature: "cultural_outpost"
__class__: "UnlockableFeature"

DeletedUser113901

Or...GE for individuals.
Or... GvG-like PvP, with vikings as agressive neutrals.
Or ...Continent map that strikes back.
Or...Co-operation hood activity "Vikings attack, you must forget your griefs and unite against this common ennemy" diplomacy is neighbourhood giving tasks to everybody.
Or... You can choose to be Frankish/Roman as you are now at the beginning of the game but can now also be Viking or with later updates Japanese, Turkish, Native American, Paleo-Siberian, Slavic, Aborigines, Malian, Arabic, Celtic...

DeletedUser112892

The biggest and most revealing clues!
R_SS_Vikings_Residential1.png

R_SS_Vikings_Residential2.png

R_SS_Vikings_Residential3.png
S_SS_Vikings_Street1.png
B_SS_Vikings_CulturalGoodsProduction1.png

B_SS_Vikings_CulturalGoodsProduction2.png

B_SS_Vikings_CulturalGoodsProduction3.png

B_SS_Vikings_CulturalGoodsProduction4.png
H_SS_Vikings_Townhall.png
Y_SS_Vikings_Ship1.png

Looks like this is not quite a new era, but something like a city we can build along with current, on same world.