• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Vikings exclamation mark

• Thread starter DeletedUser15425
  • Start date

DeletedUser15425

why does the Viking settlement give me the exclamation mark even after abandoning it? it is always there, there's nothing to collect, and yet, it's there...

DeletedUser113093

Just to clarify one thing when the exclamation mark appear's over the viking boat when it's on 24h cooldown, this is a bug and had been fixed on beta.

Shad23

Emperor
this is a bug and had been fixed on beta.
to be perfectly clear it ain't a bug it's just one of their errors they said it them selves it ain't a bug

Zarok Dai Community Manager Staff Member Community Manager
This is not actually a bug. The behavior has changed to show when an action can be taken, even if it is to start a new settlement.

Last edited:

DeletedUser113093

to be perfectly clear it ain't a bug it's just one of their errors they said it them selves it ain't a bug

Read my reply, then read Zarok's comment and work out where you went wrong....

If you still don't get it.... go to the thread you copied that post from and you will find:

Darth Vader The Mighty said:
However (as me and several others posted already in this thread and you already reply to that) notification was there during whole time when settlement was on cooldown after I abandoned it and no action could be taken for hours.

Zarok Dai said:
Also a bug that we are working on :)

DeletedUser99588

It is annoying but I think it is there to remind you it exists. So many just haven't bothered with it, which is a shame really, as the concept of a settlement could have been so much more than they provided. It is too much rinse and repeat.

It is annoying but I think it is there to remind you it exists. So many just haven't bothered with it, which is a shame really, as the concept of a settlement could have been so much more than they provided. It is too much rinse and repeat.
I completed it once on 2 worlds and that was enough. I now do the 25fp loop but when that gets nerfed will just ignore it altogether

DeletedUser6065

What is truly pathetic (in a lllooonnnggg line of truly pathetics) is how long it takes to fix this bug.
Here please pass this along:
Show '!'
Show '!' IF buildings = 'collect'.
End Show '!'
If the coders at Inno need any other help, please have them contact me via email.
. . . mk

DeletedUser99588

What is truly pathetic (in a lllooonnnggg line of truly pathetics) is how long it takes to fix this bug.
Here please pass this along:
Show '!'
Show '!' IF buildings = 'collect'.
End Show '!'
If the coders at Inno need any other help, please have them contact me via email.
. . . mk

Assuming it was a genuine bug and not intentional ;)

DeletedUser15425

thanks for all the replies. I must agree with a previous comment, it is very annoying. I know it's there and definitely don't need the exclamation mark there during the 24h break. it can be there when there's something to collect and that's it. I finished it once in my oldest world and now I also do the 25fp loop. I just can't be bothered anymore with daily quests, events, story quests and settlements. and trying to do some GE in 3 worlds. I don't want to be tied to this game 24/7

DeletedUser111359

I play 5 worlds, and have no trouble at all tuning it out. On 4 of the worlds I play,the vikings are laying fallow. I decided I can only do 1 settlement at a time, given my available time. So on En1 I know to collect when I see the exclamation point, and on the other 4 I just ignore it completely.

If I was really concerned about it, I'd start a settlement, and just not build anything that ever collects. Then there would be no ! at all...

Unklelol

Private
damm ! is still there
The update notes that were released yesterday said it would be removed
!
Also is it right to alter a settlement quest while it is being done

Unklelol

Private
I collected my 25fp then deleted all buildings and have just left it running.

No ! anymore
that is fine if you have no intention of playing them and yes would work

There are a lot of reasons for objecting to the !
it looks a mess. Compared to the other images in the game with coloutfull and atractive buildings etc. the ! looks totally wrong
It serves absolutely no purpose. In fact it makes it harder to play.
What is the point of drawing your attention to something which is not required ( ie an inactive viking quest) and at the same time obscuring the notication that a viking quest needs attention
If it is an attempt to make players do the quest then find a diffferent way. Because this is the wrong way
such as giving viking goods / coins as an incident reward or incorperating it somehow into the daily quest

I play 4 worlds and only do the viking quest on 1 of them.
When logging onto my viking world the 1st thing i do is check the
! and take action.
When logging onto FoE on a mobile device, I first have to check which world I am on before doing anything. Wasting my time, might not seem important, but when you only have a few minutes at that time it makes a significant difference

What will happen when we get the Egyptian and Japanese quests. Another 2
! to totally confuse everyone. Or will you find another visual abomination to show that we dont need to do anything with those quests as well

As I posted earlier it was mentioned in an update release notes

"

When is the settlement under cooldown? When it is inactive? or for a few moments after you have abandoned it only?

Judging by the virtually total lack of response from Inno, i presume that as with most gaming companies that you do not really care what your players want. So long as they keep paying

DeletedUser111359

that is fine if you have no intention of playing them and yes would work
Not only would it work. But it would render all of your whining completely unnecessary.
There are a lot of reasons for objecting to the !
By and large they are all petty, but sure, you can object to just about anything if you really want to.

It serves absolutely no purpose.
Actually it serves as a reminder that you could work on the Cultural Settlements.

What will happen when we get the Egyptian and Japanese quests. Another 2 ! to totally confuse everyone.
No. Because you can only work on 1 Cultural settlement at a time. When there are multiple to choose from the gateway to reach all of them will be the same boat. They've already explained that LONG ago when the feature first debuted.

When is the settlement under cooldown?
After you've abandoned it, you can't re-start for 24 hours. That's what cooldown is. Duh.

Unklelol

Private
Not only would it work. But it would render all of your whining completely unnecessary.

By and large they are all petty, but sure, you can object to just about anything if you really want to.

Actually it serves as a reminder that you could work on the Cultural Settlements.

No. Because you can only work on 1 Cultural settlement at a time. When there are multiple to choose from the gateway to reach all of them will be the same boat. They've already explained that LONG ago when the feature first debuted.

After you've abandoned it, you can't re-start for 24 hours. That's what cooldown is. Duh.

Your ignorant rudeness is unesasary. I hope it made you fell better.
But it is behavior like yours that discourages players from going on the forum or even playing the game