Vikings exclamation mark

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Sunny24, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Sunny24

Sunny24 Corporal

why does the Viking settlement give me the exclamation mark even after abandoning it? it is always there, there's nothing to collect, and yet, it's there...

2. Emberguard

Emberguard FoE Team Forum Moderator

that's from a recent update. Feedback has been passed on regarding it.

3. tooGrim

tooGrim Private

Just to clarify one thing when the exclamation mark appear's over the viking boat when it's on 24h cooldown, this is a bug and had been fixed on beta.

4. shad23

shad23 Tsar

to be perfectly clear it ain't a bug it's just one of their errors they said it them selves it ain't a bug

Zarok Dai Community Manager Staff Member Community Manager
    This is not actually a bug. The behavior has changed to show when an action can be taken, even if it is to start a new settlement.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  5. tooGrim

tooGrim Private

Read my reply, then read Zarok's comment and work out where you went wrong....

If you still don't get it.... go to the thread you copied that post from and you will find:

6. Cursedveggie

Cursedveggie Legend

bug or not it's very annoying

Sunny24 likes this.
  7. thanatos100

thanatos100 Monarch

It is annoying but I think it is there to remind you it exists. So many just haven't bothered with it, which is a shame really, as the concept of a settlement could have been so much more than they provided. It is too much rinse and repeat.

Cursedveggie likes this.
  8. Cursedveggie

Cursedveggie Legend

I completed it once on 2 worlds and that was enough. I now do the 25fp loop but when that gets nerfed will just ignore it altogether

Sunny24 likes this.
  9. shad23

shad23 Tsar

loli have'nt completed it eaven once and will be ignoring it when it gets nerfed

Cursedveggie likes this.
  10. Michael K.

Michael K. Major-General

What is truly pathetic (in a lllooonnnggg line of truly pathetics) is how long it takes to fix this bug.
    Here please pass this along:
    Show '!'
    Show '!' IF buildings = 'collect'.
    End Show '!'
    If the coders at Inno need any other help, please have them contact me via email.
    . . . mk

Sunny24 likes this.
  11. thanatos100

thanatos100 Monarch

Assuming it was a genuine bug and not intentional ;)

12. Sunny24

Sunny24 Corporal

thanks for all the replies. I must agree with a previous comment, it is very annoying. I know it's there and definitely don't need the exclamation mark there during the 24h break. it can be there when there's something to collect and that's it. I finished it once in my oldest world and now I also do the 25fp loop. I just can't be bothered anymore with daily quests, events, story quests and settlements. and trying to do some GE in 3 worlds. I don't want to be tied to this game 24/7

13. SirFrancis

SirFrancis Second Lieutenant

I play 5 worlds, and have no trouble at all tuning it out. On 4 of the worlds I play,the vikings are laying fallow. I decided I can only do 1 settlement at a time, given my available time. So on En1 I know to collect when I see the exclamation point, and on the other 4 I just ignore it completely.

If I was really concerned about it, I'd start a settlement, and just not build anything that ever collects. Then there would be no ! at all...

14. unklelol

unklelol Private

damm ! is still there
    The update notes that were released yesterday said it would be removed
    !
    Also is it right to alter a settlement quest while it is being done

15. Cursedveggie

Cursedveggie Legend

I collected my 25fp then deleted all buildings and have just left it running.

No ! anymore

SirFrancis likes this.