• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Vikings Bonus not working

I have just finished another Viking Quest, but I never got the 4 times bonus. I am up to 13.5% on the bonus, so with 4 buildings producing 2 eight hour production per day I would expect to get 40 instead of 10 goods on several occasions.
Is this a bug, or do I need to activate something to get the bonus?

Agent327

Overlord
I have just finished another Viking Quest, but I never got the 4 times bonus. I am up to 13.5% on the bonus, so with 4 buildings producing 2 eight hour production per day I would expect to get 40 instead of 10 goods on several occasions.

Why? For every building you have a 86.5% chance of not getting the bonus.

DeletedUser110603

Is this a bug, or do I need to activate something to get the bonus?

This is not a bug. You are provided a 'chance' to gain x4 from a production, there is no guarantee that you will get it and as pointed out above if you have a 13.5% chance of getting one you also have an 86.5% of not getting it aswell, every time.

Of course I understand that I will not get the bonus every time. I needed more than 4 weeks to complete the settlement, usually I use the 8 hour production, so I get 2 productions a day. So that is about 60 productions for the first building and something less for the other ones. With over 100 productions with a chance of 13.5% I would expect to get the bonus at least 10 times. Or am I understanding something wrong?

That's the thing with probability with a chance of only 13.5% there's every possibility that you won't get any x4 productions.

Increase your chances by running 4hr instead of 8hr productions, the probability is the same but by having twice as many there is more opportunities to get lucky

With a chance of 13.5% I would expect to get the bonus about once every 10 times, but I didn't get the bonus after 100 times. That is why I think it is not working correctly.

On the app open the settings (cog wheel, bottom left buttons) and go to the help tab and click the support button.
Screenshot_20191231_172515.jpg

On the PC, click on settings and scroll down until you find the support bit (sorry no screenshot I can't be bothered to turn my laptop on)