• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Viking settlement help?

GoCat

Private
So I'm new to Forge of Empires. I don't think I was paying attention when they explained what the viking settlement is. What do you get out of it? I didn't realize there was a time limit. so what happens if you don't finish within the time limit? should I still bother finishing the settlement? thanks!

Ashtro

Lieutenant Colonel
The time limit is for additional rewards. However, you can still continue and try to complete the quests. You may need to iterate the questline in order to obtain rewards such as upgrades, etc...

Nidwin

Sergeant
The time limit is only for fragments for the small settlement building (rune stone if I remember well) but has no impact for the main building, Yggdrasil. So no worries and finish it at your pace. What I find fun with this settlement is the 3xX and Xx3 aspect of the buildings. Create lanes of 3+1 road horizontal and vertical and keep an eye to avoid annoying impediments. It's the settlement that always will look different in layout during your progression because of this 3x3 aspect when you get used to it. Good luck and enjoy.

Agent327

Overlord
The time limit is for additional rewards. However, you can still continue and try to complete the quests. You may need to iterate the questline in order to obtain rewards such as upgrades, etc...

Wrong as usual. The time limit is only there to determine the number of fragments of the greater runestone you will win.

So I'm new to Forge of Empires. I don't think I was paying attention when they explained what the viking settlement is. What do you get out of it? I didn't realize there was a time limit. so what happens if you don't finish within the time limit? should I still bother finishing the settlement? thanks!

Ashtro

Lieutenant Colonel
Wrong as usual. The time limit is only there to determine the number of fragments of the greater runestone you will win.
Which would be the additional rewards comparison to finishing off the settlement outside the time limit normally.

Agent327

Overlord
Which would be the additional rewards comparison to finishing off the settlement outside the time limit normally.

It isn't "rewards". It is just one reward, but continue to offer your very valuable advise. I always like to read it.

Ashtro

Lieutenant Colonel
Aren't you paying attention in school? What you get is one package with a number of fragments. That is a reward, not rewards.
Why would you settle for only a package of fragments (not a complete set by the way) as a reward, rather than taking a fragment as one reward and hence you would have more rewards . It sounds more enticing anyway as I'd definitely choose to receive more than one reward any day.