• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

viking prises

DeletedUser116756

after two times i played this a found that the final preis must be at least one upgrade . the 1,2,6 frag are realy poor, one upgreat each finish sound good.
As well the bonous x% on the goods never receved
thanks

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
after two times i played this a found that the final preis must be at least one upgrade . the 1,2,6 frag are realy poor, one upgreat each finish sound good.
As well the bonous x% on the goods never receved
thanks
If you can't log in to your settlement 4-5x a day, then yes, it's going to be incredibly challenging to make the shortest time limit for the GRS fragments...
But still should be readily doable as long as you can maintain at least 2x 8hr goods productions across 3-4 goods buildings/day.

Also, the settlements become easier the more times you play through them, as you *should* be learning how to do things better/more efficiently just through basic practice. (let alone the continued boosting of the 4x payout %)

DeletedUser96901

after the 2nd settlement you get one FP per day from the emissary

is much like one upgrade

DeletedUser113470

the settlements are just a diamond grab.....
A fool and his diamonds are soon parted, I guess. The only reason to spend diamonds on settlements is foolish impatience.

Add me to the long list of people that have finished multiple settlements before the first timer expired. Without spending diamonds.
I'm on my 3'rd time around in 4 worlds. I'm not going to finish any of them before first timer is up this time around. That will cost me a couple runestone fragments, but I don't care. That isn't the important prize.

Play this thing at whatever pace works for you and ignore the clock. Oh...and don't spend diamonds on it, that would be foolish.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
It doesnt require diamonds, i have completed 5 of them already without any diamonds spent. What it does require is often logins though
"Every time you go and make something 'idiot-proof', God goes and builds a better idiot."
- GW Manager

There's no point trying to explain things anymore... if people want to stay ignorant and believe that this game is only playable by spending a mountain of diamonds to get through every single event and/or new feature, then more power to Inno. ;)

I'm now currently nearing the final couple days of my 3rd settlement, and will easily finish with all 9 fragments with over 2 days to spare this time.
I don't expect to become truly challenging until I'm down to say only 10-11 days and basically requiring more than 3-4 of the x4 goods collections. (and this run through, despite being @6%, I've only had 2 measly double payouts - my worst yet!lol)

eon1299

Private
if people want to stay ignorant and believe that this game is only playable by spending a mountain of diamonds to get through every single event and/or new feature

I get this feeling from reading forums as well...

As for settlements, in my opinion it gets even easier the further you go because chances of x4 are increasing with every new attempt. And i like later tries of Vikings much more then the first one because it just takes much less time to do.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I get this feeling from reading forums as well...

As for settlements, in my opinion it gets even easier the further you go because chances of x4 are increasing with every new attempt. And i like later tries of Vikings much more then the first one because it just takes much less time to do.
Yes and no...
It's 'easier' in the sense that as you replay multiple times, you get more efficient at your overall construction of the settlement itself.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut!

You need a bit of 'luck factor' to keep getting the full 9 fragments thanks to the decreasing time limits, but 0 net increase in copper production.
Sure your chance at the x4 payout increases, but IIRC, it tops out @20%, so that's still a much, MUCH more likely 80% chance of nothing happening on each collection. ;) (and being the generally unlucky person I am, I tend to always come up on the wrong end of RNGesus' wrath!lol.)
It would've been nice if the copper production would've gained a slight boost as well, say topping out at +10 or +15% boost to help off-set those play throughs where you simply get completely RNG screwed.

eon1299

Private
Yes, true. It relates to luck. Maybe not every playthrough @7 days limit will guarantee top reward as it is now, but i cant wait to get there. Its gonna be fun. :) And it is 25% chance for x4

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Honestly I'm aiming to get all the fragments I'll need within the initial 9 settlements, then the final 6, I can simply say 'feth it' and just go at a more 'normal' pace. ;)

eon1299

Private
That is one way of doing it for sure. I just want them settlements to be a bit more fast paced. Gosh i hope Egyptians will offer some different experience. You know, maybe fighting or something else... Challenging but in a different way.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
That is one way of doing it for sure. I just want them settlements to be a bit more fast paced. Gosh i hope Egyptians will offer some different experience. You know, maybe fighting or something else... Challenging but in a different way.
IIRC, I think Egyptians in their description currently mention about needing culture/religion/entertainment or similar things? (it's been nearly a month since I read their overview on the settlements selection menu!)

Overall I'd be willing to bet that the game play itself will be similar, but maybe replacing goods with various temples that craft different 'offerings' or some gak, then build up your entertainment to send King Corpse III up the Nile in style?! :P

DeletedUser110131

"Every time you go and make something 'idiot-proof', God goes and builds a better idiot."
- GW Manager
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools"
- Douglas Adams

Finding a workable way of dealing with fools is a challenge greatly surpassing the challenge of the Viking Settlement, and that's for sure. The problem in games like this, is that they have a choice between accepting that they're fools for not managing a simple challenge, or remaining blissfully oblivious of this through making themselves even greater fools by claiming that the challenge is impossible. They'll invariably go for option #2.

Sure your chance at the x4 payout increases, but IIRC, it tops out @20%, so that's still a much, MUCH more likely 80% chance of nothing happening on each collection.
You can minimize the randomness by having shorter production cycles. You're far more likely to get close to an average of 20% for x4 payouts across 100 cycles than through 20 cycles. Of course, then you're back at the need for frequent log-on.

DeletedUser107470

Wise words above but in reality the game in nature will allocate prizes randomly and if you were to look at allocation to people it will more reseamble a bell shape curve. At times there is nothing you can do to stop the game from screwing you.
Currently have getting a 5-10% bonus payout, if that and it’s been that way for over a week. Even 6 buildings over 3, 4hrs buildings triggered 1 bonus. This just means that someone on 6% is most likely getting a massive payout rate.
The reward system in unfair and broken and simply enough to SAY DONT DO VIKINGS, or any other variation inno introduces. Suppose to get easier the move levels you complete,
But the times drop and when the bonus payout fails you get screwed,
How many time to people need to complain about this totally stupid unfair allocation system.
It does not fit the real nature of this game, it’s a living game that your outcome is affected by your decisions and others around you, not by random decisions by the computer, If I wanted the computer to affect my game so much I would go and play snakes and ladders.
PS I beating the allocation of numbers would be much fairer than the bonus allocations here

DeletedUser653

We have many players who are on 11th village and have done a lot of study of this part of the game, as long as a player can do 4 hr logins and the odd 1 hr login its possible to do the 10th level even with no diamonds, but if your a once a day log in theres no chance

cyllan

Corporal
We have many players who are on 11th village and have done a lot of study of this part of the game, as long as a player can do 4 hr logins and the odd 1 hr login its possible to do the 10th level even with no diamonds, but if your a once a day log in theres no chance

do you think that it is healthy to have to play that way to get the fragments??.......

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
do you think that it is healthy to have to play that way to get the fragments??.......
Why shouldn't active daily players get a reward that's geared specifically towards being active every day?
Sure, if you're in the situation where you have say, full time job+family, and/or uni/college student + job/s, etc... it may suck to see something that's completely unattainable.

But I also look at the timed rewards as a way for say, the retiree or stay-at-home parent or similar individual who doesn't get in on the diamond rush of events, to have a series of prizes they can show off & be proud of.